Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Hard Truths

zoony

2 minutes ago, Chachie said:

???

Well we DO have some serious 2nd half offense issues. 

Yeah, the Maryland team is the only one that's supposed to look like a turtle. Defense held up well and got lucky with a few well timed drops. That strip-fumble though was nice as were the sacks.

Here's a hard truth, if you jump to conclusions after 1 week and go on 4-day rants you should powder your hand and then pimp slap yourself.

So much douchebaggery took place on ES last week and those of you involved deserve this.

That Colts team didn't look too bad against Philly today, maybe we need to let this season play out before we decide who's terrible and who isn't.

There's still time for some hard truths here, let's go with two good ones: The Redskins ran on first down every time in the 2nd half, and they completed two passes in the 2nd half, one for 0 yards and another for 6.

We won, but that was one of the worst wins I've seen in ages. I saw no deep routes aside from Richardson's at the start. I saw no play action at all on first downs after setting it up so 'brilliantly' with runs on every first down. It was a playcall nightmare today for the second half.

5 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Is it just me or does anyone elses browser have trouble translating whining little **** coming off a double diget win ? 

If you're happy with winging it and relying on other teams to fumble, drop, and penalize themselves out of games, then you're probably looking for a thread that isn't called "Hard Truths".

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

If you're happy with winging it and relying on other teams to fumble, drop, and penalize themselves out of games, then you're probably looking for a thread that isn't called "Hard Truths".

This.

I'm happy we won, but we will need to be much, much better in the second half of games if we're going to compete. I love the fast starts at ARZ and GB, but our second half offense has been atrocious all season. For some reason, the team is coming out flat as hell after the break. I don't know what the deal is, but it needs to be corrected.

Gruden's play calling needs to be better. It's infuriating to see a Peterson run up the gut for 2 yards every single first down. How about some play action? How about some PA bootlegs? How about literally anything else?

24 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Here's a hard truth, if you jump to conclusions after 1 week and go on 4-day rants you should powder your hand and then pimp slap yourself.

So much douchebaggery took place in here last week and those of you involved deserve this.

That Colts team didn't look too bad against Philly today, maybe we need to let this season play out before we decide who's terrible and who isn't.

Amen! It’s almost as though critical thinking and patience have value. 

38 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

That was a bad game overall. We got lucky with 8 drops by the Packers receivers and BS calls.

Oh shove off. We put up 31 points and looked great in the first half. The defense played well overall. Of course there are issues they can fix, but that’s every team in the ****ing NFL. Enjoy the win. 

The biggest hard truth when it comes to this team is not making final judgements over one game.

This game went about the same exact way the Cardinals game did.  One half of dominating football and then thing just stalled after half time. Luckily the opponent was not quite up to the task of making up the gap and the Redskins held on, but I am not going to throw a parade after this game because I saw this same team go out and dominate Arizona only to be dominated by the Colts.

The fans are riding high today but will do a 180 if they got stomped by New Orleans.

What this team needs consistency.  They barely exhibit consistency during a single game let alone from week to week.  The first three weeks of this season is why most people predicted them to be 8-8ish.......

Not that I am not happy about the win, of course I am, but it's still too early in the season to make any final conclusions about what this team is or isn't.

Kirk 40 for 55 290 yards 6 yards a throw?  Can you say check down when things do not go your way. Some things never change and Nothing like padding the stats.   Diggs 4 recs 17 yards, Overrated and has been up and down since he came in the league.  Nice defense the management gave the Viking fans today , they got blown out by buffalo who were on tract to be the worst team we have seen in a while.  Just saying!  Looks like the over the hill gang has a little in the tank left.   

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The fans are riding high today but will do a 180 if they got stomped by New Orleans.

What this team needs consistency.  They barely exhibit consistency during a single game let alone from week to week.  The first three weeks of this season is why most people predicted them to be 8-8ish.......

Not that I am not happy about the win, of course I am, but it's still too early in the season to make any final conclusions about what this team is or isn't.

Exactly, this game doesn't really mean anything, it's just a win and our team is far from looking dominating or even playoff caliber but let's see what happens.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The biggest hard truth when it comes to this team is not making final judgements over one game.

This game went about the same exact way the Cardinals game did.  One half of dominating football and then thing just stalled after half time. Luckily the opponent was not quite up to the task of making up the gap and the Redskins held on, but I am not going to throw a parade after this game because I saw this same team go out and dominate Arizona only to be dominated by the Colts.

If we are consistent,  we will come out flat against New Orleans. Today's win is nice but we need to put up a string of games.

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Believe its fair at this point to say we can compete and win football games.  Some teams want to and still can't do it.

16 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Kirk 40 for 55 290 yards 6 yards a throw?  Can you say check down when things do not go your way. Some things never change and Nothing like padding the stats.   Diggs 4 recs 17 yards, Overrated and has been up and down since he came in the league.  Nice defense the management gave the Viking fans today , they got blown out by buffalo who were on tract to be the worst team we have seen in a while.  Just saying!  Looks like the over the hill gang has a little in the tank left.   

It was all garbage time check downs. Kurt had 75 yards on 26 attempts in the 3rd quarter before he starting accumulating trash. He also threw a pick and fumbled twice.

Welcome to our experience. Good Kirk one week. Bad Kirk the next.

Archived