zoony

Some Hard Truths

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not 100% ready to give up on Doctson yet, at least not to the point of ruling out any kind of career.

But everything else I completely agree with.

Can anyone name a WR who broke out their third season, after a year of IR and a year of suck?  I cant think of one

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

Can anyone name a WR who broke out their third season, after a year of IR and a year of suck?  I cant think of one

I would be fairly amazed by a "breakout" from him at this point. I just am not sure he won't carve out a productive few years as a rotational WR before he's done.

19 minutes ago, zoony said:

Cris Carter

Jimmy Smith

Kennan McCardell

I am not a Doctson fan at all by the way (another awful pick by GMSM) but you asked. 

Edited by kleese
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, zoony said:

No one comes to mind but maybe Doctson is a talented athlete but a slow learner and he will develop in this his second season playing.  Some guys can learn sitting and watching like he was forced to do his first year because of the injury but others have to learn by doing.  Let's see if he can get things going this year before we declare him a bust.

Edited by Veryoldschool

8 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He's going to make more money than any football player in history before his career ends. So, you need to explain yourself here.

I should have phrased it better. His moments of inconsistency undoubtedly hurt his perceived value by our FO. They obviously didn't think he was worth what MIN and the Jets thought he was. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Cousins could not close....as good as he looks in Minnesota lets see how he does in January when it's time to win games. He got his numbers but not the numbers in the win column when we needed him most. 

10 out of the 12 best QBs lose every January

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

It’s sad when the Browns are a better franchise than us.

Eh we are both .500 right now.  At least wait until Aaron Rodgers beats us.

Edited by Tsailand

10 hours ago, kleese said:

Cris Carter

Jimmy Smith

Kennan McCardell

I am not a Doctson fan at all by the way (another awful pick by GMSM) but you asked. 

Cokehead

Nearly died

12th round pick who slowly came into his own. I think that story is more common than the first rounder who suddenly wakes up after four years. (Hines Ward was the same type of player).

I think Doctson can still have a decent career. But top picks who become All Pro type players usually show a lot more by now.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:37 AM, skins island connection said:

If the Redskins beat the Packers, the storyline will be Aaron Rodgers being hobbled by his injury.

If the Colts beat us by say 24-20 or some other close score, your post might carry more water, but they flat out shut down Gruden and the Redskins. The Cards got spanked even worse last weekend,

I'm sorry but I just don't see how the Redskins beat GB; Rodgers is a seasoned, talented QB who has been in a number of comeback wins, and the Redskins had their pants pulled down in front of the 74 fans that bothered to go to FedEx Field. They will start out the 1st qtr hot, but just like a filled balloon being let go, it will get out of control and end up making a farting noise before falling to the ground.

There was absolutely no excuse for last sunday...none. Good HCs have their team prepared week in and week out, even in a loss they might play  a hard fought close game, but the Colts humiliated them and left Gruden blabbering the same old stuff.

So most of your points in your post I agree with, however, how does it relate to anything I mentioned in my post?  If Jordan Reed doesn’t fumble the score is most likely closer than it was.  I simply stated, what if the Colts are good????  I know your opinion is quite clear you don’t think they are, ok, I hear you, BUT what if they are??  What if they beat the Eagles on the road too?  That’s all I said.....some of you are already making excuses for the Eagles losing cuz Wentz is not healthy.  If the Colts lose, great, everyone can go on and on about how terrible the Redskin Organization is, BUT, what if they win?

enjoy.......

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Cokehead

Nearly died

12th round pick who slowly came into his own. I think that story is more common than the first rounder who suddenly wakes up after four years. (Hines Ward was the same type of player).

Im okay with cocaine if it would help

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, zoony said:

Im okay with cocaine if it would help

It always amuses me to think that the Skins team we all miss and that we all remember as "doing things the right away" had a drunken Riggo pissing on himself during film study and a coked-out Manley unable to read the scouting report because he was illiterate while the beloved owner was wondering who his South American coke whore wife was screwing that night....a thought he likely had while the  $2000 a night call girl was brushing her teeth.

God, I miss the 80s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Snyder's fundamental problem is that he is a new money billionaire whose biggest dream is to be seen as an old money billionaire.

A new money billionaire would have stuck with the alcoholic nobody GM who had a savant like ability to pick players while his reporter side piece was servicing him.

An old money billionaire sticks with the alcoholic scion of Virginia royalty who drinks Coors in some weird fetishization of the everyman and gets personally offended when the unpedigreed quarterback depends to be paid his actual worth and not his perceived worth.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I would be fairly amazed by a "breakout" from him at this point. I just am not sure he won't carve out a productive few years as a rotational WR before he's done.

What's interesting is that both he and the other highly touted WR (Laquon Treadwell) have both been disappointments.

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Snyder's fundamental problem is that he is a new money billionaire whose biggest dream is to be seen as an old money billionaire.

A new money billionaire would have stuck with the alcoholic nobody GM who had a savant like ability to pick players while his reporter side piece was servicing him.

An old money billionaire sticks with the alcoholic scion of Virginia royalty who drinks Coors in some weird fetishization of the everyman and gets personally offended when the unpedigreed quarterback depends to be paid his actual worth and not his perceived worth.

What's the logical endgame of the Snyder drama? Growth or stagnation? 

Or an epiphany and sale of team? :)

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

What's interesting is that both he and the other highly touted WR (Laquon Treadwell) have both been disappointments.

What's the logical endgame of the Snyder drama? Growth or stagnation? 

Or an epiphany and sale of team? :)

Snyder is still 53. We are good 15 or 20 years away from his crazy old man Al Davis/Jerry Jones years.

Here is the scary thing. All of Snyder's associates/friends/advisors have been 70 years older than he has. Bruce Allen is what? 63 or 64? Sonny Jorgenson is 84. Joe Gibbs is 77. The owner he is closest to is Jerry Jones who is 75. His mentor Zuckerman is 81. Tony Kornheiser is 70. In ten years, most of these people will be gone in one way or another. And he'll be more isolated and weird than ever.

This ends like Citizen Kane.

The one hope to cling to is that maybe his children turn out to be football geniuses like Art Rooney's kids. The Steelers were a laughing stock for 35 years, and then Dan Rooney and his brothers took over in the 60s and voila.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Bruce Allen drinks Coors?  Who knew?

Snyder tries so hard to get respect that nobody respects him

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Snyder is still 53. We are good 15 or 20 years away from his crazy old man Al Davis/Jerry Jones years.

Given his decision making during the years he has supposedly been 'in his right mind', I would gladly welcome Senile Snyder.

• Like 1

Just now, megared said:

Given his decision making during the years he has supposedly been 'in his right mind', I would gladly welcome Senile Snyder.

It will be opposite George.  We will be perenial champions

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Here is the scary thing. All of Snyder's associates/friends/advisors have been 70 years older than he has. Bruce Allen is what? 63 or 64? Sonny Jorgenson is 84. Joe Gibbs is 77. The owner he is closest to is Jerry Jones who is 75. His mentor Zuckerman is 81. Tony Kornheiser is 70. In ten years, most of these people will be gone in one way or another. And he'll be more isolated and weird than ever.

The one hope to cling to is that maybe his children turn out to be football geniuses like Art Rooney's kids. The Steelers were a laughing stock for 35 years, and then Dan Rooney and his brothers took over in the 60s and voila.

By the time Snyder is dead I'll be sitting in the golden seats of the eternal section myself or maybe I am already dead and in Hell now and Snyder is part of my everlasting torment and if you other posters are real people you are in Hell with me and it will go on like this foooorrrreeeevvveeerrrrr!

14 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Image result for rosebud gif

On 9/19/2018 at 4:20 PM, zoony said:

5.  Bruce Allens ego sent Cousins to the Vikings.  There is no coming back from that move, not any time soon.  We have no QB plan for the next 7 years.  Snyder will not allow a rebuild, so forget about getting one in the draft, unless we trade 2 number 1s again.

The thing that burns me up the most about this is the fact that we let him walk for NOTHING!! I'm surprised this isn't talked about more. Look, it was very clear for almost 2 years that he didn't want to be here. The fact that we didn't get anything for him makes the whole thing unforgivable. And don't tell me that we didn't have any leverage. In a similar situation the Broncos still managed to get a king's ransom for Jay Cutler who didn't even have the proven resume of Kirk Cousins. And not only did we not get anything for Cousins, we ended up giving away a promising young DB to secure his replacement! What a joke!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

The thing that burns me up the most about this is the fact that we let him walk for NOTHING!! I'm surprised this isn't talked about more. Look, it was very clear for almost 2 years that he didn't want to be here. The fact that we didn't get anything for him makes the whole thing unforgivable. And don't tell me that we didn't have any leverage. In a similar situation the Broncos still managed to get a king's ransom for Jay Cutler who didn't even have the proven resume of Kirk Cousins. And not only did we not get anything for Cousins, we ended up giving away a promising young DB to secure his replacement! What a joke!

I was talking to my oldest last night about school. I told her that I am more interested in process than results. She passed a test that she did not study for. She felt she deserved praise for the outcome. I felt she deserved to be punished in some way.

I feel the same way about the Cousins fiasco. Whether Cousins is a "Franchise QB" or not is not really the point. He was a good QB that we stumbled into. In the end, we lost him and replaced him with a QB who is at best the same - except he is older and we had to give up a talented player and a draft pick to get him.

We went from Cousins to older version of Cousins minus two assets.

That's how you go from mediocre to Bills.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2018 at 8:00 PM, zoony said:

*Kirk Cousins Praise Tweet*

Kirk threw a late 4th quarter game-sealing INT that was negated because of a bogus roughing the passer penalty. Had the game ended right then he woud've finished with 2 TDs and 2 INts with just over 50% completion and 250 yards

• Like 2
  • Haha 1