Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Hard Truths

zoony

1.  Our best players are all past their prime.  Trent Williams is icing his knees in between plays.  Not sure he can play at a high level anymore for 16 games.  Kerrigan is done.  Adrian Peterson is way past done.  Alex Smith, well, hes Alex Smith.  I love CT but who thinks he can finish the season with Captain Checkdown feeding him 15 passes every game?

2.  Josh Doctson will be out of football in 2 years.  Weve seen enough

3.  "Club Jay" is a real thing  Team got outworked, out coached, and was completely unprepared for Sunday.  The Colts had a transparent gameplan with both tackles out.  Run the ball up the middle, and quick passes and slants.  Absolutely no answer from the Redskins D.  Pathetic.  There is no accountability, no hard work, and no fear among the players.  None.

4.  Andy Reid, once again, sold the Redskins a used Chrysler.  Congratulations to him.

5.  Bruce Allens ego sent Cousins to the Vikings.  There is no coming back from that move, not any time soon.  We have no QB plan for the next 7 years.  Snyder will not allow a rebuild, so forget about getting one in the draft, unless we trade 2 number 1s again.

6.  Dan Snyder is an incompetent idiot.  Petty, tyrannical, immature, impatient, and most of all, he is dumb.  He will never build a winner.  We have all seen enough

7.  Team has invested two straight first rounders and two straight second rounders on the defensive front 7 and a RB.  our defensive front 7 sucks, and our running game is awful.

Enjoy

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

1.  Our best players are all past their prime.  Trent Williams is icing his knees in between plays.  Not sure he can play at a high level anymore for 16 games.  Kerrigan is done.  Adrian Peterson is way past done.  Alex Smith, well, hes Alex Smith.  I love CT but who thinks he can finish the season with Captain Checkdown feeding him 15 passes every game?

3.  "Club Jay" is a real thing  Team got outworked, out coached, and was completely unprepared for Sunday.  The Colts had a transparent gameplan with both tackles out.  Run the ball up the middle, and quick passes and slants.  Absolutely no answer from the Redskins D.  Pathetic.  There is no accountability, no hard work, and no fear among the players.  None.

4.  Andy Reid, once again, sold the Redskins a used Chrysler.  Congratulations to him.

5.  Bruce Allens ego sent Cousins to the Vikings.  There is no coming back from that move, not any time soon.  We have no QB plan for the next 7 years.  Snyder will not allow a rebuild, so forget about getting one in the draft, unless we trade 2 number 1s again.

6.  Dan Snyder is an incompetent idiot.  Petty, tyrannical, immature, impatient, and most of all, he is dumb.  He will never build a winner.  We have all seen enough

7.  Team has invested two straight first rounders and two straight second rounders on the defensive front 7 and a RB.  our defensive front 7 sucks, and our running game is awful.

Enjoy

RE: 1 - Icing knees will be easier in the winter months, Kerrigan had 13 sacks last year and is only 30, Peterson is not the future and CT is good at what he does. 

RE: 2 - Meh. Some draft picks don't work out (or take a while). He's under contract, so let's see how it plays out. 

RE: 3 - I do agree accountability is an issue. Jay has always seemed soft there, but then again how can a coach take a hard line when the owner is really making the hard calls. 

RE: 4 - We'll see about Smith. The trade hurt, but with that contract extension it won't be until 2020 we can get out from under that contract. 

RE: 5 - Ugh. If Snyder wasn't on board then Allen couldn't have taken that hard line. In short removing Allen from that situation probably doesn't have a different outcome. 

RE: 6 - No comment. 

RE: 7 - Tough to judge after 2 games. There's a lot there and with the RB how can you judge a pick that's on IR? 

I'd add Josh Norman to number one. Strange seeing him picked on like they did him this past week. Way past his best days too and costing them so much

Bruce's cheap way of doing things has gone on way too long. It cost the franchise it's only franchise QB in decades not to mention other players. When Kirk wins this year it will be a dagger in all of us. I'm personally not sure it's an only an ego thing as much as his tendency to try and get by with spending as little as possible to differentiate himself from Vinny. This week it was to pass on Dez and Josh Gordon (too expensive) and go with Perriman and Floyd. He is a cheap ass who can't spot playmakers and difference makers to save his life

The teams run by the two biggest losers in the NFL. They will never get it right and they took this once proud franchise and turned it into the Cardinals of the NFC East. Remember the 80's when they played in the division? Everytime they were in town we all knew it was an easy win. In the 20 years since Daniel bought this team that's what we are now. An automatic win for every other team out there. No respectable coach would come work here. 

Unless Dan sells the team we are cursed by his stupidity. HTTR, but the hell with Snyder and Allen

22 minutes ago, zoony said:

1.  Our best players are all past their prime.  Trent Williams is icing his knees in between plays.  Not sure he can play at a high level anymore for 16 games.  Kerrigan is done.  Adrian Peterson is way past done.  Alex Smith, well, hes Alex Smith.  I love CT but who thinks he can finish the season with Captain Checkdown feeding him 15 passes every game? TW is definitely older but still playing at an elite level. Tough to say about how long he can last through the season. Two games is too quick to write off Kerrigan. AP is not his former self but better than anyone else we have (we always knew he was a one year rental until Guice comes back). Alex Smith may still need to acclimate to this offense - as we know, Jay Gruden is horrible at preparing the team for the season and they always start off slow - and Alex has the added burden of learning this new system on top of it. He should have played way more in preseason.

2.  Josh Doctson will be out of football in 2 years.  Weve seen enough Agree - he is a bust. That dropped pass last game was the last thing I needed to see.

3.  "Club Jay" is a real thing  Team got outworked, out coached, and was completely unprepared for Sunday.  The Colts had a transparent gameplan with both tackles out.  Run the ball up the middle, and quick passes and slants.  Absolutely no answer from the Redskins D.  Pathetic.  There is no accountability, no hard work, and no fear among the players.  None. Jay Gruden is completely unimpressive. He doesn't have either of the things that make a coach great - either a high-IQ/ability to scheme or motivational ability. His cringe-worthy interviews on TV just reinforce my opinion of him. Hope he is gone after the season.

4.  Andy Reid, once again, sold the Redskins a used Chrysler.  Congratulations to him. This is ultimately on the FO ineptness and unwillingness to do what they needed to do with Kirk. I'm far less pissed about Alex Smith trade than when he dumped Donovan McNabb in our laps.

5.  Bruce Allens ego sent Cousins to the Vikings.  There is no coming back from that move, not any time soon.  We have no QB plan for the next 7 years.  Snyder will not allow a rebuild, so forget about getting one in the draft, unless we trade 2 number 1s again. See above. Needless to say, Bruce Allen also needs to be gone after the season.

6.  Dan Snyder is an incompetent idiot.  Petty, tyrannical, immature, impatient, and most of all, he is dumb.  He will never build a winner.  We have all seen enough He needs to sell the team or at least become a minority owner so someone else can call the shots. He is a dangerous combination of stupidity and ego. 

7.  Team has invested two straight first rounders and two straight second rounders on the defensive front 7 and a RB.  our defensive front 7 sucks, and our running game is awful. I'm holding out hope that the defensive front issues are due to young guys getting adjusted to the team. As for the RBs, will hold off judgement until we see a healthy Guice. 

Thanks for posting this. Some responses/thoughts in red font above.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Enjoy

On number 7 we still have a pretty good d-line and Guice tore his ACL on a freak play.

The other points are spot on. This team is ran like a circus.

I'm just as disappointed in our team's listless defeat on Sunday as anybody else, but I think it's too early for the sky is falling posts. We're 1-1. The season is very young. If we come out and play a tight, competitive game against GB, even if we lose, there will be reason for optimism. If we come out flat and get obliterated, then I'll jump on the "we're doomed!" bandwagon.

This reminds me of the classic zoony thread in 2014 after Kirk threw 10 picks against the Giants at home on Thursday night to drop us to 1-3. "We're not just looking at 1-5......we ARE 1-5!!"

Whatever happened to the days where we could rely on the board homers like Longshot?  Man, those are long gone!

9 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

On number 7 we still have a pretty good d-line and Guice tore his ACL on a freak play.

The other points are spot on. This team is ran like a circus.

I've always disagreed with that statement. If you think of all the logistics involved in setting up a circus, managing different animals, practicing/performing, setting down and then moving on it's actually quite impressive. Add in that the staff organizing and implementing the circus rarely have post secondary education it makes it even more impressive. 

I wish the Redskins were ran like a circus...

37 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dan Snyder has a Gollum-like grip on this franchise. I could never see him becoming a minority share holder

Maybe more spectacles like Sunday where the stadium is half-empty will start to change his tune. 

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm just as disappointed in our team's listless defeat on Sunday as anybody else, but I think it's too early for the sky is falling posts. We're 1-1. The season is very young. If we come out and play a tight, competitive game against GB, even if we lose, there will be reason for optimism. If we come out flat and get obliterated, then I'll jump on the "we're doomed!" bandwagon.

I hear you, but this sentiment is a long time coming. It's more of a view from 30,000 feet than a comment about the last week's effort in isolation. 

There are some systemic issues that just never appear to get resolved - kind of like a festering wound that won't heal.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Whatever happened to the days where we could rely on the board homers like Longshot?  Man, those are long gone!

They've been beaten into submission by Danny's negligence and incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Maybe more spectacles like Sunday where the stadium is half-empty will start to change his tune. 

I have a serious question - Does anyone really think Snyder cares about having a partially empty stadium? 

It was partially empty long ago and the solution was to cover up seats. As long as the money keeps rolling in he doesn't care. 

He sort of reminds me of slum-landlord, where he won't invest anything into the building unless it's an absolute need. Mapping that analogy over to the football team look at the stadium, practice facility, coaching staff, etc... One thing is consistent - it's all done in a 'cost effective' manner. 

22 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I've always disagreed with that statement. If you think of all the logistics involved in setting up a circus, managing different animals, practicing/performing, setting down and then moving on it's actually quite impressive. Add in that the staff organizing and implementing the circus rarely have post secondary education it makes it even more impressive. 

I wish the Redskins were ran like a circus...

I'll even add to that that circus' artists usually deliver when on stage. Because if they don't, the circus' dead...

Our players on the other hand did not deliver at all anything worth of any entertainment.

9 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I have a serious question - Does anyone really think Snyder cares about having a partially empty stadium? 

It was partially empty long ago and the solution was to cover up seats. As long as the money keeps rolling in he doesn't care. 

He sort of reminds me of slum-landlord, where he won't invest anything into the building unless it's an absolute need. Mapping that analogy over to the football team look at the stadium, practice facility, coaching staff, etc... One thing is consistent - it's all done in a 'cost effective' manner. 

Like almost every company all over the world nowadays. I'm pretty sure every NFL teams are ran alike by their owners. Difference is that some owners are better at surrounding them with competent people.

Here is my concern. Snyder happens to have a legacy franchise smack in an area with three states and several extremely wealthy counties. All he needs to do is convince one of those entities to build him his own JerryWorld, and he will be richer than King Faroux.

His objective over the next several year is going to be that payday, not the team on the field.

14 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I'm not sure. Seems like the TV contracts are the main thing making money for the team.

I do wonder if the perception of an increasingly apathetic fanbase will alter the timeline on the new stadium at all. Besides winning, a new stadium is the thing that would be a shot in the arm as far as renewed interest.  Cooley had said a decision on the new stadium's location should be announced by year's end.  It is hard to fathom the team staying at FedEx until the lease ends in 2027. 

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Enjoy

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

44 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Does anyone really think Snyder cares about having a partially empty stadium? 

If he's an egomaniac as people say he is then hell yeah, that's embarrassing and even if he's just normal perception is reality, nobody wants to go to Skins games anymore and that's as a direct result of how Dan has run one of the best franchises into the ground over the last 20 years.

It's not week 10 and our playoff hopes have come and gone, that was the home opener after winning week 1 on the road.

It really shows how bad things have become, I'm starting to think its no longer fixable.

After the unbelievable embarrassment of seeing Fedex HALF EMPTY ON OPENING DAY. And the anger and frustration that came with that. I had a chance to sit back and chuckle knowing there isnt an owner in the NFL who deserves what we saw this weekend more than Snyder. He has taken a dynasty and turned it into a heap of dung in two decades. I am sure he is taking applications from cities all over America so he can pull a Modell and load up the U-hauls in the middle of the night while moving the team too wherever those poor sons of ****es live.

Archived