Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

I just wanna see it like the ole rfk days..packed house everyone cheering, excited rooting on the skins stands bouncing haha...and why n the hell has no one started a second generation hogetts group..i.miss that..thank God for the band still..frickin miss chief z..

Just now, MarkB452 said:

>> I think other problem with the low turnout is people are used to being able to pickup tickets at the last minute for significantly less than face value.

So far this year, we have not seen the market collapse for any games.  I attribute this to the fewer STHs and the team/brokers not flooding the market with tickets. 

Given the price of tickets, the supply is significantly greater than the demand.  If I needed tickets for a single game and was trying to minimize my cost, I think I would try the hustlers in the parking lots and if I could not get a good deal, then walk up to the ticket window and pay face value.  IMHO,  with the prices we are seeing on the secondary market, stubhub, etc are not necessarily the best way to go.

Good call.

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I hope so, it’s embarrassing to see on TV, not saying I don’t understand why, just that it’s embarrassing. Heck if I lived in MD/VA area I would have season tickets, but with both my boys playing football it would only work out for us to go to a handful of games and most of them after thanksgiving

People have this perception that it's a bad place to see a game, and they are half right. What those people conveniently forget though is that you don't HAVE to buy or drink anything in the stadium if you already ate at the ES tailgate. 

6 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

>> I think other problem with the low turnout is people are used to being able to pickup tickets at the last minute for significantly less than face value.

So far this year, we have not seen the market collapse for any games.  I attribute this to the fewer STHs and the team/brokers not flooding the market with tickets. 

Given the price of tickets, the supply is significantly greater than the demand.  If I needed tickets for a single game and was trying to minimize my cost, I think I would try the hustlers in the parking lots and if I could not get a good deal, then walk up to the ticket window and pay face value.  IMHO,  with the prices we are seeing on the secondary market, stubhub, etc are not necessarily the best way to go.

Wait..so I can walk up to Fed ex field stadium and buy a ticket to a Redskins game?

I got a free ticket so I'm going 

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Wait..so I can walk up to Fed ex field stadium and buy a ticket to a Redskins game?

If you have your phone, yes. Although it was largely through looking over your stubhub or seatgeek apps last minute. This year, instead of those two, it's the Ticketmaster app. 

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why would I have to have my phone?

So you can go to the game and wait until a half hour before kickoff and buy the ticket though an app... I forget when the sales stop, it's a little while before 1:00, so don't wait until the very last minute.

I don't do apps.. would it be possible for somebody to watch a damn Redskins game ala 1960 Style? Lol

Is there a booth or an office that I walk up to and say one ticket to the game please?

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Because a smartphone has all your ticket apps which you use to look through inventory for any cheap tickets people are selling last minute. 

Nope..is there an office at the stadium I can buy a ticket from are there people walking around in the parking lot selling tickets..its how I used to get into Denver Broncos games sometimes

I don't do apps.. would it be possible for somebody to watch a damn Redskins game ala 1960 Style? Lol

Is there a booth or an office that I walk up to and say one ticket to the game please?

Yes, I think so.

The box office is just to the left of the HOF store, across from the Platinum lots, (the lots adjacent to the stadium with all of the solar panels)

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hahahaha "I don't do apps" just made my day. I'd strongly recommend that you try just one, seatgeek. It's user-friendly and has the best deals. Check out seatgeek.com on your computer for a quick tutorial. I sound like I work for seatgeek... 

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yes, I think so.

The box office is just to the left of the HOF store, across from the Platinum lots, (the lots adjacent to the stadium with all of the solar panels)

Awesome..there we go!!..thank you!!..I'm very young old fashioned sorry lol...come hell or high water I'm gonna make it from Idaho...and I'm gonna hang out with some of y'all..I hope...and watch a Redskins game at home!!!

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Hahahaha "I don't do apps" just made my day. I'd strongly recommend that you try just one, seatgeek. It's user-friendly and has the best deals. Check out seatgeek.com on your computer for a quick tutorial. I sound like I work for seatgeek... 

I don't have a computer

@Cooleyfan1993  @bakedtater1    You're welcome to join us at the ES tailgate.  All the info that you need, including directions, is in the thread, below.  Great food, great fans and a great time.  After you party with us, you'll see why we go to games, instead of sitting on the couch.   Ask anyone at the tailgate for Rick or Fran.    You can't miss us, there will be a yellow jeep with the Extremeskins flag flying.   I'll be set up at the brown truck, near the jeep.         Don't forget that our lot opens 5 hours before kickoff.  @ixcuincle , you know the drill.   See you Sunday!

12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Ok...soooo let's say I make my way through SeatGeek... how do I print out the acctual ticket?... And I'm just putting this out there I'm not doing this for attention or whatever you call it I'm not a tech savvy person at all... I have a smartphone and have used it for several things especially when traveling but that's the extent of it I don't know what Facebook Twitter Snapchat all that stuff is.. yeah I live in hodunk Idaho LOL but it's not that far under the Rock as many of you think LOL..any way..I prefer speaking to someone one-on-one for information then Googling it..

Oh HAIL YA SKINSFAN311!!!..you wanna meet the biggest Redskins fan ever!?!!!..thanks for the invite!! I am going to save that and use it some day..

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I highly recommend taking advantage of skinsfan1311s hospitality! 

Welllll if it's got koolblue's approval it's gotta be good!! 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I highly recommend taking advantage of skinsfan1311s hospitality! 

Good recommendation.   

When are you going to hop on a plane, in a canoe, or whatever, and come to a game?     Just not the Philly game!

Oh HAIL YA SKINSFAN311!!!..you wanna meet the biggest Redskins fan ever!?!!!..thanks for the invite!! I am going to save that and use it some day..

Welllll if it's got koolblue's approval it's gotta be good!! 

He has his moments......

Archived