Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

I am an out of state fan. I live in Washington state. Some of the local D.C. area fans might not understand how big the out of state fan base is, but it is probably much bigger than a lot of you would think. Look no further than the Redskin Rallies held the night before at the away games, Redskins nation represents! When the Skins head west to play Seattle, dang right you will find me there wearing the colors proudly. That stadium is always full of burgundy. Week 1 in Arizona, at least on TV it looked like the Skins were well represented. Week 2, our HOME OPENER............  What the heck local fans. Ya'll deserve to be called out. I was embarrassed to see our stadium half empty. The players were even talking about how bad it was. WE NEED OUR HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.  Following the game there were joke memes made from pictures of our stadium, redskins fans were literally portrayed as a joke. Again, total embarrassment to Redskins Nation. I hope ya'll decide to represent our team better in the weeks to come. HTTR!

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah ok.  Pay $200 for a couple tickets, $50 for parking, $50 in beers and food in the stadium, spend an entire day in Raljon MD.

For this suck?

**** outta here.

The only redeeming thing is the tailgate.

If you cheer louder the team will be better

It never occurred to me that the hurricane could have something to do with empty seats....if so, it wasnt responsible for that many.  I'm on the outer banks and we were barely affected storm wise, but our tourism is wayyy down.  People just weren't traveling.

But it's nothing new. If it's not empty, it's a majority the other teams colors.  I think the location of the stadium itself is a problem.  Its always a trip for me to go to a game, so I dont care that it's basically in the middle of nowhere.  But folks who live relatively close by dont want to make a small trip to a game.

It would take a lot of winning and probably a super bowl to get those seats full, and even then, they wouldn't be 100% full.  Different stadium in a different location is what it would take.

Theres are alot of factors for the issue, the ones that stand out the most to me:

- The stadium is too big for a lackluster team. Since this 90K seat stadium was built, the team has been one of the worst in the league in terms of success. Danny Boy wanted to have the biggest stadium, and started off his tenure focused more on that dollar bill than the W/L record. RFK's capacity was alot less, but those fans that were fortunate enough to get up in there saw a perennial playoff team.

- The location/logistics of FedEx field suck. Its too hard getting out of there. I go to one road game per year and FedEx is by far the worse I've seen. LAmbeau, Gillette, Seattle, Tampa, Phoenix... no problems getting in or out. That traffic paired with the lack of success turns many away.

- The team has not put a product out there to demand sell outs. The only year since I've been a season ticket holder where there was any demand was RG3's rookie year.

But for a player to even comment on this is ridiculous. If you don't like being booed, play harder, simply put, DO BETTER! I'm not a pro, but when I played, my effort had zero to do with anything outside the lines, it was all about execution and manning up. I got faith they will bounce back and show up better next week against a better opponent, rise to the level. HTTR

Lots of excesses. For me its either be a fan or don't. Don't claim to be a fan and represent Redskins Nation poorly. If you have an account on Extremeskins, then you probably claim to be a die hard. So these lame excuses are coming from our die hard fans? Very sad. Scared of a little rain? Oh wait it didn't rain. Don't want to pay? That's cute, games aren't free. A true fan represents win, lose, or draw. Remember that pathetic turn out was when we were 1-0. Yeah that game really sucked to loose. But the very next day I bought my tickets to the Thanksgiving game in Dallas. Again that stadium turn out was embarrassing. The local "FANS" need to be better fans. HTTR

42 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I am an out of state fan. I live in Washington state. Some of the local D.C. area fans might not understand how big the out of state fan base is, but it is probably much bigger than a lot of you would think. Look no further than the Redskin Rallies held the night before at the away games, Redskins nation represents! When the Skins head west to play Seattle, dang right you will find me there wearing the colors proudly. That stadium is always full of burgundy. Week 1 in Arizona, at least on TV it looked like the Skins were well represented. Week 2, our HOME OPENER............  What the heck local fans. Ya'll deserve to be called out. I was embarrassed to see our stadium half empty. The players were even talking about how bad it was. WE NEED OUR HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.  Following the game there were joke memes made from pictures of our stadium, redskins fans were literally portrayed as a joke. Again, total embarrassment to Redskins Nation. I hope ya'll decide to represent our team better in the weeks to come. HTTR!

I thought I noticed that as well in week one at Arizona and even going back to last year especially in Los Angeles against both the Chargers and Rams I'm from out west as well.. I flew from Anchorage Alaska to here to go to Denver in 2005 and the turn out there of Redskins fans were amazing... I get that that huge storm was threatening and a lot of people probably didn't want to be out in it and hopefully that was a factor.. but I agree with this and wish more people would show up to the game I'm talking about coming out there for a game... However with what the team has produced over the past few years besides a few bright spots I can understand why folks aren't showing out tons of cash to go see it..

1 minute ago, skins2victory said:

Lots of excesses. For me its either be a fan or don't. Don't claim to be a fan and represent Redskins Nation poorly. If you have an account on Extremeskins, then you probably claim to be a die hard. So these lame excuses are coming from our die hard fans? Very sad. Scared of a little rain? Oh wait it didn't rain. Don't want to pay? That's cute, games aren't free. A true fan represents win, lose, or draw. Remember that pathetic turn out was when we were 1-0. Yeah that game really sucked to loose. But the very next day I bought my tickets to the Thanksgiving game in Dallas. Again that stadium turn out was embarrassing. The local "FANS" need to be better fans. HTTR

You want to blame us??? Cmon bro we lined that stadium for YEARS nobody is making excuses it’s simple nobody wants to spend 150$ for a 20$ team lower ticket prices and more ppl will go to see the team lose I guarantee that but nobody with half a brain is going to pay nike prices for Payless product. You claim to be a “real” fan why don’t u start flying to fed ex 8 times a year so you can have a little taste of what we’ve gone through the passed 20 years, the only excuse is this sad excuse of a franchise.

The problem with the upper deck seats (why sit way up there in the age of big screen HDTV at home) and the club level (Skins ask way too much for season tickets for these) have been recognized for some time, and aren't really that new for this season, although were magnified for Sunday's game (I'll explain below).  What surprised me was the number of vacant seats in the lower level end zone. THAT I had not seen before.

One of the contributing factors to Sunday's turnout was kind of created by the Skins themselves, IMO.  I think back to 2015 when the Rams (a low profile team, kind of like the Colts) were in town and if you look at the season ticket renewals page, mention of how cheap tickets are on Stubhub are mentioned (i.e . club level seats for less than $100, etc).  Well, the new marketing team has allegedly decided to limit the amount of tickets available to brokers.....this in order to alleviate the complaints they were getting from STH about the diminished value of their seats. Thus, tickets that were going for x amount on Stubhub for the Rams game in 2015 were probably going for $40 more for this game.  I think that price difference probably drove a lot of the casual, non-STH fan who were used to grabbing the bargains on Stubhub in previous seasons to not go.

I think the stadium should be fuller this coming week, but unfortunately those empty seats you saw this past Sunday are probably largely going to be occupied by Packers fans.

Which kind of goes back to your post......if you claim tons of Skins fans get into Seattle and Arizona when they play there, what does that say about those fanbases?I think the Skins fanbase in DC is average in that regard...….probably not as diehard, as, say, Philly, and certainly not the hardcore base Redskins fans have historically claimed we've been.  

With all due respect, **** off.

Im sure you love the team but I’d imagine you haven’t been to any games so you probably have no idea how much it sucks to spends hundreds constantly for years just to watch them get embarrassed while you get serenaded by rival fans

Talk to Bruce Allen before you talk to me, my guy.

13 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

lol

bring your ass over here Sunday and I’ll go too then 

It has nothing to do with the weather. Or even prices. The team ****ing sucks. The franchise itself is a steaming true. That is the issue

Hockey tickets are expensive as **** but the Caps sell out all the time because they win 

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

With all due respect, **** off.

Im sure you love the team but I’d imagine you haven’t been to any games so you probably have no idea how much it sucks to spends hundreds constantly for years just to watch them get embarrassed while you get serenaded by rival fans

Talk to Bruce Allen before you talk to me, my guy.

lol

bring your ass over here Sunday and I’ll go too then 

I have flown to D.C. and have been to multiple games on the west side. Flying to Dallas this year for Thanksgiving. I new I'd get grief for calling out local fans for that pathetic turn out, but truth hurts. Someone had to do it. Again, its embarrassing to Redskins Nation. 

2 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I have flown to D.C. and have been to multiple games on the west side. Flying to Dallas this year for Thanksgiving. I new I'd get grief for calling out local fans for that pathetic turn out, but truth hurts. Someone had to do it. Again, its embarrassing to Redskins Nation. 

No

Bruce Allen is embarrassing to Redskins Nation

Dan Snyder is embarrassing to Redskins Nation 

The 2017 offseason was embarrassing to Redskins Nation

The 2016 draft was embarrassing to Redskins Nation

Josh Doctson’s hands are embarrassing to Redskins Nation

The 84-84-1 record at FedEx is embarrassing to Redskins Nation 

22 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Me personally, i call myself a diehard fan (my dad worked with Snyder for 6 years for goodness sakes :P). If i could Go to the games i would, no doubt. I WANT to. Except i don’t make any money yet (still applying to jobs) so i legit can’t afford a ticket.

Everyone has their own reasons, and as much as you probably want to get people to go to the games, there’s reallly nothing you or anyone else will be able to do to fix it ??‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, the new marketing team has allegedly decided to limit the amount of tickets available to brokers.....this in order to alleviate the complaints they were getting from STH about the diminished value of their seats. Thus, tickets that were going for x amount on Stubhub for the Rams game in 2015 were probably going for $40 more for this game.  I think that price difference probably drove a lot of the casual, non-STH fan who were used to grabbing the bargains on Stubhub in previous seasons to not go.

This is the real reason.   Right now they're artificially inflating secondary ticket prices in hopes that people will roll over and pay higher prices.   What they should do,  if they're trying to sell out, is lower season ticket prices to match the secondary market. 

Archived