Sign in to follow this  
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS LAUNCH “#ATTR” ALE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DEVILS BACKBONE BREWING COMPANY

If this makes it to stores, I certainly hope it makes it to Roanoke, I've got to have some to keep and some to drink!

I like Devil's Backbone; I don't knock them for being bought out as they seem to taste the same overall.  I'm glad they actually partnered with a proper brewery instead of having it made by Bud directly or something stupid.  The beer recipes look solid.  

Also, it seems DB is only saying it's in the stadium for now.  If this sells well, we know Dan will ask to widely distribute it.  I don't think this alone will get fans like me back into the stadium.  I am looking forward to trying it though (ideally outside of the stadium).  

On 9/14/2018 at 1:36 PM, Dan T. said:

Believe it or not I still have a six pack in my house in a closet.  I can't imagine opening one now.

Go ahead, have one...

ONe of the few positive highlights of the game yesterday was getting free beer samples from DB inside the stadium. 

(PS: Vote Burgundy.) 

Edited by ixcuincle

I just hope it’s better than Earned Run Ale....that was almost a drain pour....not exactly the beer you want to be drinking when it’s 100 degrees at Nats Park...I like the Vienna Lager from DB not much of their other stuff. 

• Like 1

I tried the Red Ale.  

It's not bad, but not my cup of tea. The hops couldn't bury the fact that it's a wheat beer and wheat beers are very off-putting my palate. The aftertaste, (and retrohale), always reminds me of bologna, or a hot dog. Yeah, that sounds weird, but that's what happens.  I nursed it for more than a quarter.  It wasn't horrible,  but I will not be buying it again.

I might try the golden ale this Sunday

• Thanks 1

Maybe before the end of the season they can start giving it away as a way to fill up the stadium? Atlanta has two dollar dogs, Redskins have free beer. Seems logical

• Thanks 1

I’m a fan of Devil’s Backbone, and not just because I’ve driven on their namesake, (and it’s a great stretch of road) lol.  

Here’s hoping this brew goes national, ‘cause I’d like to try it out.