Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #Redskins Quotes- Gruden, Manusky

TK

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not blaming him, sorta poking fun at him, and yeah, you're right.  I forgot, I purposely use that idiom ever so slightly wrong as a rebellion against the GMAT.  Long story, but I had to memorize a bunch of idioms, and I got a question on a practice test wrong because of this distinction, which is a distinction without a difference, and I was irked.  So I said I'd never use it correctly again.  That was so long ago that I just use it the other way now.

I also use "Okey Dokey" to close conversations because I was told by a professor not to. 

Idioms are actually a "thing" on the GMAT, or at least were, years ago.  I studied a lot about idioms. 

No problem VoR, I can be a bit contrary myself sometimes.

I knew it wasn't correct but it took me about 10 minutes to remember what it was, and I still had to google it to check because of the many subtle differences between American English and English English, :).

Anyway, more of a Tailgate discussion. Back to the football.

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

No problem VoR, I can be a bit contrary myself sometimes.

I knew it wasn't correct but it took me about 10 minutes to remember what it was, and I still had to google it to check because of the many subtle differences between American English and English English, :).

Anyway, more of a Tailgate discussion. Back to the football.

I dunno, Given my reputation about holding Jay responsible, im

sure @Skinsinparadisewould be interested to know I don’t think mixing idioms is a firable offense...

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno, Given my reputation about holding Jay responsible, im

sure @Skinsinparadisewould be interested to know I don’t think mixing idioms is a firable offense...

Yeah, makes you look like a bit of a Gruden fanboy, lol,

I think that the discussions you two have are very long entertaining, so I hope he comments on it.

Archived