Sign in to follow this  
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

Recommended Posts

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 11, 2018

 

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

 

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

 

The Redskins waived the following player:

            LB Josh Keyes

 

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

WR Brian Quick

 

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:

            DB Kenny Ladler

 

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

            WR Teo Redding

 

The Redskins placed the following player on their Reserve/Injured list:

            WR Cam Sims

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the legend of our franchise wide receiver Cam Sims gets shelved for the year. Our Super Bowl win will have to wait until next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

And so the legend of our franchise wide receiver Cam Sims gets shelved for the year. Our Super Bowl win will have to wait until next year.

We can technically bring him back in week 8 i believe. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teo Redding

 

6' 1" and 181 lbs, ran a 4.46, had a 38.5" vertical, 11" jump, and 6.85 3-cone at his pro day.

2 yr starter at Bowling Green. Detroit Lions were his favorite team growing up. Did not drop a single pass in 71 targets last year. 

45-624-8 stat line last yr

hand size yet TBD

 

? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Did we lose a DB? We moved Kenny Adler from PS to active roster.

No but we lost two special teamers so I'm guessing this is in response to that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Did we lose a DB? We moved Kenny Adler from PS to active roster.

I would guess it's to replace Quinns spot on teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Troy Apke injured during the game?  Not sure how serious that was, but that may be a reason for Ladler signing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Wasn't Troy Apke injured during the game?  Not sure how serious that was, but that may be a reason for Ladler signing.

 

 

Just read that he may have tweaked a hammy, but the info came from an uncertain source, and I have not seen it otherwise stated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

And so the legend of our franchise wide receiver Cam Sims gets shelved for the year. Our Super Bowl win will have to wait until next year.

 

Cam Sims AND Derrius Guice both coming back next season 100% healthy...just give us the Lombardi now lol...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

Teo Redding

 

6' 1" and 181 lbs, ran a 4.46, had a 38.5" vertical, 11" jump, and 6.85 3-cone at his pro day.

2 yr starter at Bowling Green. Detroit Lions were his favorite team growing up. Did not drop a single pass in 71 targets last year. 

45-624-8 stat line last yr

hand size yet TBD

 

? 

 

Apparently he made a buzz in camp as well. Kinda surprised they didn't PS him,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

 

Apparently he made a buzz in camp as well. Kinda surprised they didn't PS him,

 

Had not read about that; good to know!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Sims must have sprained his ankle horribly to be placed on IR.  Didn't know high ankle sprains could be that bad - or I guess I sort of did but didn't think it could put you out for the year in the first game.  Hope he comes back strong.

 

Welcome back Quick.  At least he is familiar with the playbook.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Man, Sims must have sprained his ankle horribly to be placed on IR.  Didn't know high ankle sprains could be that bad - or I guess I sort of did but didn't think it could put you out for the year in the first game.  Hope he comes back strong.

 

Welcome back Quick.  At least he is familiar with the playbook.  

 

he can come back after 8 weeks but if we choose not to activate him it's a case of needing the roster spot more than him

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Man, Sims must have sprained his ankle horribly to be placed on IR.  Didn't know high ankle sprains could be that bad - or I guess I sort of did but didn't think it could put you out for the year in the first game.  Hope he comes back strong.

 

Welcome back Quick.  At least he is familiar with the playbook.  

High Ankle Sprains often take basketball players out for four to eight weeks.

 

That's half the season in the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.