Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Colts Prediction Thread: Will the Redskins "Luck" Out?

skins island connection

2 hours ago, kleese said:

Wow, I strongly disagree with you all on Luck. He should have been ROY in 2012 and his first three years they went wild card loss, divisional loss, AFC Champ loss. He has one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history under his belt and he had a road playoff win at Denver as well. The biggest thing for me is that he has had ZERO help in Indy— awful organization and drafts. Brutal, brutal OL. They were 1-15 the year before he arrived and the roster was built for that record. 

Injuries have just derailed him. And I’d also say that only GB may ask more from their QB than Indy does. Just as an example... Luck was really good on Sunday in his first game back. And he was leading them to a potential game winning drive— was making all the plays. But his WR coughed it up and that ended the game. If I had some health assurances I would give up a first and more for him without hesitation. 

Let's not overstate things here.

First, that team was a playoff team and division winning team for a decade before they got rid of Manning and made sure they were going to get the #1 pick in the draft. On top of that almost all of the comeback wins Luck has had were necessary because of all the mistakes he made and put them in the holes they were in, in the first place.

Luck has been treated like he is the next Aaron Rodgers of something, and he isn't. He's a injury prone QB that tends to hold the ball too long, is not all that accurate and will throw ints. He's not terrible, but he's not all that and a bag of chips.

2 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

I think saying ZERO is putting a huge dent in what could be a decent opinion. 

T.Y. Hilton is better than any of the Redskins WRs combined. The other weapons he has aren't flashy, but they are decent options as well. 

To me, that is essentially zero. I agree that Hilton is a quality player, but that’s all he’s had and the OL has been one of worst in the league over that time. And their defense has also been putrid. We saw what happened the year before he arrived and we saw what happened the year he missed an entire season. He has carried the organization on his back since his arrival. 

16 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

31-17.  Redskins.

If the game were postponed; what are their options ?

In the past, Sunday games have been the have been ppd have been moved to Monday night (usually at 7pm local time). In this case I also think having the game moved to a neutral site is a possibility (Detroit perhaps being an option). This is total speculation on my part, but a Bills game was moved to Detroit a few years ago due to weather. From what I'm reading, the storm could "stall" at some point which would potentially cause days-worth of problems-- and in that case moving it from Sunday to Monday may not help much. The teams do not have the same BYE week either so there is really no realistic way to move the game to later in the season. What I am sure they will do is wait as long as possible to get a firm idea on when and where it will hit-- maybe it turns south a bit and all the DC area will get is a bunch of rain and not the terrible flooding, etc. In that case they will surely just tough it out in the wet and mud at the normal time. 

IMO, if by Wed night or early Thurs they are still unsure, they should just move the game to a neutral site and ensure that it gets played and fans attending can come and go safely. This is obviously a terrible option for those planning to go on Sunday, but they would be reimbursed no doubt. 

17 minutes ago, illone said:

Skins roll in this one.

34-13.  Luck will throw a ton of picks.  AP with 150 rushing yards.  Smith with 250 and 3 TDs.

Paul Richardon goes off.

Defense gets 5 sacks.

He is not going to throw a ton of picks.  It is not going to happen.  He has never shown a propensity towards throwing picks.  Do you even know Luck as a QB?  His history?  Stats? The trash OL he played behind for years, underwhelming WO's a pretty crappy D, and quite literally a no talent team, and yet he has propelled them into playoff situations time and time again since 2012 and then of course he was injured in 2016. I do not understand some of  these comments frankly. 

26 minutes ago, kleese said:

In the past, Sunday games have been the have been ppd have been moved to Monday night (usually at 7pm local time). In this case I also think having the game moved to a neutral site is a possibility (Detroit perhaps being an option). This is total speculation on my part, but a Bills game was moved to Detroit a few years ago due to weather. From what I'm reading, the storm could "stall" at some point which would potentially cause days-worth of problems-- and in that case moving it from Sunday to Monday may not help much. The teams do not have the same BYE week either so there is really no realistic way to move the game to later in the season. What I am sure they will do is wait as long as possible to get a firm idea on when and where it will hit-- maybe it turns south a bit and all the DC area will get is a bunch of rain and not the terrible flooding, etc. In that case they will surely just tough it out in the wet and mud at the normal time. 

IMO, if by Wed night or early Thurs they are still unsure, they should just move the game to a neutral site and ensure that it gets played and fans attending can come and go safely. This is obviously a terrible option for those planning to go on Sunday, but they would be reimbursed no doubt. 

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo!!!!!!!!!!!

Nervous, I would like to predict a blowout, but when you look in the past - this is the type of a game where we seem "underperform".  It will be tight, and we barely etch out a win 15-13.......

However, If we do dominate - I think this bodes well for us for the remainder of the season - as one of my primary concerns with Jay has been winning games like this with ease.

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully not, but need to be prepared for it in case. They really have no choice but to play the game Sun or Mon-- I think there might be a precedent for a Tuesday game, but that would really be pushing things. If they think it's too risky Sunday but are sure it will be clearer/safe by Monday then that is the obvious choice. If they are unsure of what it will be Monday then they will have no choice but to look elsewhere-- but obviously that will need to be decided very soon. 

7 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

Nervous, I would like to predict a blowout, but when you look in the past - this is the type of a game where we seem "underperform". 

Amen...

The Redskins have not proven they can be consistent and have not proven they can win the games they are supposed to win. They need to do that a lot this season to get past the stigma.

Andrew Luck can burn a defense and he's already shaken off the rust. 

Good game for another Kerrigan pick six on a quick pass.

We need to play with a lead so the running game can get going again. I don't see JG sticking to the run if we're playing from behind.  If we play in bad weather I think we can run it 4o+ times and pound them with our o-line. Keep luck on the sideline with long drives.

Redskins win 26-16.

1 hour ago, kleese said:

Yeah, I ask because my brother and I have tickets, and he is driving up from South Carolina. I figured monday was really the only possibility, and then I would have to try to make arrangements at work. I've sat in the 100's, 200's, 400's all numerous times, but lately have usually insisted on us sitting in the 200's because you have the cover of the club level in case of rain. Well, wouldn't you know this time we decided to get club level for the first time. No cover.

30 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I'm going to rematch Colts Pre-season Week 3 game vs 49'ers and Week 1 vs the Bengals before just throwing out some random 'we're on our way to the Super Bowl' bandwagon over-reaction Monday prediction. 

What?

Luck targeted his TE's 16 times on Sunday. We gotta keep an eye on Doyle. Their running game is below average, and their offensive line is not very good either. If this is a sloppy, wet game, then I think we will have a distinct advantage.

Not sleeping on Andrew Luck, and I think it'll be close, but I feel like 2-0 is on the menu.

23-16 skins.

I watched both Colts games, PS Week#3 and Week#1... 

It's obvious that it's important to get ahead of the Colts.  In Week 1, prior to Lucks final drive, cameras caught him on the sidelines looking very nervous.  The first shot had him standing there with his eyes closed, doing mental reps (which is fine, but the tell is nervousness and lack of confidence).  Just prior to taking the field he was bouncing around nervously in an action like he was trying to get warm, however his body language said he was nervous, not comfortable or confident.  The first 2 snaps he threw the ball terribly incomplete and the 3rd down conversion wasn't a good pass.  Bengals should have brought more pressure but ultimately were fine as they forced a fumble to win the game.  #1 standout formula should be to make Luck uncomfortable.  They'll need pressure and sacks to make this sort of gameplay happen.  They don't have a power run game, but have a guy who can get lose on the ground, Michael.   Defensively, Colts aren't good.  Skins should be successful doing what they do best and stick with the ground and pound, CT & Reed where available.  If they try and take away CT, Richardson will be open and they could find Doctson in broken coverage.  Something that might happen this week would be someone gets over the top or left wide open.  

Skins Defensively, obviously they'll need to dial up the pressure.  Expecting some game plan where we'd see some blitzing packages.  Luck feeds off the crossing routes.  This might be the game where the Skins miss Fuller.   Big game for Moreau to show he can hold down that slot. The Colts will go deep.  Secondary will get tested.  It won't matter what the weather is, Colts will still throw it in the rain.  Driving thunderstorms will be an advantage to the power run game, but will also make the ball slippery.  Turnovers can weigh HUGE.  Colts defense go for the strip on almost every play.  If you're familiar as I am with Hurricanes and how the media plays up the tracking...they have very little idea where this thing will go as it gets closer to land.  Once it hits land, the winds die down almost immediately.  The most you can expect from this in the DC area is going to be possible bands of rain and some wind gusts.  They could get nothing at all.  As a matter of fact, I've been through many hurricanes in South Florida and many many times nothing happens as a storm passes quickly to one side or the other.  Expecting some devastation in DC is very random.  So, get ready for a big dose of Luck throwing the ball across the middle and over the top with 1-on-1's.  

Prediction... I expect the Skins to have a lead going into the second half.  Don't expect Luck to be as nervous in Week#2.  If the Skins let up in the secondary, they can lose a close one they shouldn't have.  Skins should cover the spread.  If the Skins turn the ball over, they'll lose.  

Skins 27

Colts 20

If the Skins turn the ball over it's the other way.

Skins 24

Colts 27  

Archived