Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???

Renegade7

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Oh yes, let's bump this atrocity for back patting! ? 

Just kidding; have fun. 

Like I said, I will take no joy in being right about this, as this is more a thread to defend Jay then toot my own horn about the lack of talent he has to work with.  This is not fun, but I don't feel like going through this one alone.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We won’t have a playoff roster for at least the next 5 years....woohooo!!!! Losing!!!! Yayyyyy!!!! 

I'm not sure what to say yet on that because I am straight stunned by the lack of production from our OLBs.  Feel this changes the conversation, but not sure how yet.  We need to be much more aggressive about acquiring not just talent but speed on offense.  I think taking a real talk look at WR is a good start,and I'm not sure yet how bad the interior line play really is.

The biggest problem with this team as I feared would be inconsistency, why I wanted to wait for the end of the green bay game.  Nut to be fair, inconsistency I think is just ad much coaching as it talent. I have idea what the game plan on offense was, but the colts sure did

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

hahaha.  I usually stay out of these threads but I couldn't resist coming to see how it was going in here.  I think we have the answer..............

I hate to say you're right, I want to give it my more tome, but that's my heart talking not my head.  My head started the thread

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hate to say you're right, I want to give it my more tome, but that's my heart talking not my head.  My head started the thread

My only hope is that this week was some weird twilight zone **** and we look good the rest of the year.  Seeing how some of the games around the league are going/went it is possible I am right.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My only hope is that this week was some weird twilight zone **** and we look good the rest of the year.  Seeing how some of the games around the league are going/went it is possible I am right.

That's what I'm leaning towards, too. Jay is not BB, he's still gonna have games where either they don't look ready or gets out coached.  That online looked night and day in a period of 7 days, so Redskins, but asking for it against a team like Green Bay.  I can see us coming out guns blazing like we did against Arizona next week, we are f'd if we dont

I was wrong.

That's a playoff defense, I really do believe that now.  I don't know if the defense is enough to get us in the playoffs.  A lot of injuries on the o-line and we didn't score again after halftime until the last couple minutes, whole thing expect the run game stopped. 

And the run game, that's working, too.  So what we can see is what happens when the passing game does.  I do have some questions on play calling in 2nd half, 1st showed us what that passing game is capable of.

This team is extremely inconsistent on offense, but my only problem with the defense was lack of sacks from linebackers.  I don't care if we get 4 from our d-line alone.

They beat a playoff team at home and now have two weeks to prepare to beat a playoff team on the road.  I was wrong this is a playoff roster that can overachieve and underachieve.  The only way for me to leave my feelings alone about Bruce is if he truly no longer has final say on personell decisions, he's averaged out from under the Cousins thing if we make the playoffs this year.  I don't want him having the final say anymore, we are so much closer to being a normal front office, that's what they need.

We still got damn lucky getting AP like that.  I'll be looking for what Jay does with this roster, sometimes I like his adjustments, sometimes I can't tell if he's making any.  I'm made we didn't use CT in the screen game, but due to oline injuries, I learned to accept him playing pass pro on 3rd down passing play, he's the best RB on the roster at that right now.  He may be our best player, so that's not cool when I see him completely negated, we need to think up something, even if its a block first then run out to the flats type play, something, Jay.

And no, I'm not sold on our WR depth, that's still a weakness and we still screwed that up.  But our other skill position players are helping us score and get yards.  I want to see more deep shots, that Richardson play was so overdue it wasn't even funny.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was wrong.

So now you're wrong.  Pump your brakes.  I'm not letting you off easy.  Remember what I said?

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Vanguard said:

Well I disagree with you.  We do still have to wait for them to play some games though.  But what I don't want to see is a knee jerk reaction from you about how we're going to the Superbowl, if they play well in this opener.  Stick to your guns.

Remember?

26 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

So now you're wrong.  Pump your brakes.  I'm not letting you off easy.  Remember what I said?

Remember?

Kick rocks you didn't catch me doing anything, I haven't predicted Super Bowl yet, I said I'd admit when I was wrong and when:

On 9/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, Renegade7 said:

I've been been holding my ground for a while now, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, and it will take a while to prove that.  Like getting a berth. Me, waiting for Green Bay game, can't F that up.

I also was one of the few people that picked us to win the Green Bay game, the problem with this team is consistency. Most of the board set this team on fire this last week, what we're you doing? If they consistently play like that, they can go to the playoffs.  It's week 3, and we're still the #1 ranked defense by close to 16 ypg.  That defense is getting it done, but our o-line is dropping like flies again and Ty sucks.  I said that's what I felt might keep us out and that is still absolutely possible. 

Been said if they could stay healthy unlike last year we could get in the playoffs, so stop calling me a pendulum.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Looked like a playoff roster against GB.  DidnÂ’t tonight.

Its an ok roster of healthy and of Smith plays well.

Better coaching would help a lot. 

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  AD and out starting WRs are hurt now, this is starting to look like skin of our teeth mode again.  My hope is that doesn't get used as an excuse to by Bruce time, he deserves to be vilified for replacing Cousins with Alex.  With this roster, it should've been a rookie QB, not someone we are locked into in for 3 years in their mid 30s.  If they just said he was a place holder while they rebuild, I'd be more fine with it, but no, this is supposed to be a win now roster.  It's not, it has to overacheive to keep up with the teams with more talent then them, especially on offense.  I think we all knew we could beat New Orleans, but not in a shootout.  Guns start firing, I'm not shocked.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  AD and out starting WRs are hurt now, this is starting to look like skin of our teeth mode again.  My hope is that doesn't get used as an excuse to by Bruce time, he deserves to be vilified for replacing Cousins with Alex.  With this roster, it should've been a rookie QB, not someone we are locked into in for 3 years in their mid 30s.  If they just said he was a place holder while they rebuild, I'd be more fine with it, but no, this is supposed to be a win now roster.  It's not, it has to overacheive to keep up with the teams with more talent then them, especially on offense.  I think we all knew we could beat New Orleans, but not in a shootout.  Guns start firing, I'm not shocked.

The biggest miss is at WR.  They just have done a crap job at WR since they decided to let both DJax and Garçon go.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The biggest miss is at WR.  They just have done a crap job at WR since they decided to let both DJax and Garçon go.

Choir, meet Voice_of_Reason, Voice_of_Reason met choir. 

This regression at WR production ended our run with Cousins, we weren't relevant after that.  Hindsight is a B, I was fine with it then, we still havne't replaced that production.  People talking about replacing the first round pick with a first round pick, makes me sick.

We need our guys healthy and our best players on the field.  Whoever the hell was playing LG needs to be benched, move Trent inside and put Ty at LT.  The middle of our oline has cost us two games now, it will cost us more if we do nothing about it.  

I'd pick up Flowers after Giants cut him.

Moving Trent will make no difference I'm afraid.  MOses is not agile enough (too many injuries) Sherff has brain farts... and Bergstrom... heck I'd love to tell you what he's doing wrong but so much bad around him has to be the Centers fault also right?

Why are we so bad against stunts?

Oh and stop pointing to Green Bay Game, they were down a few people, and are looking as bad as we are.  Not something to write home over.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:
15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Choir, meet? Voice_of_Reason, Voice_of_Reason met c?hoir???. ?

I’ve been on this bandwagon since Jay tried to convince me Ryan Grant was a suitable replacement to Garçon. 

I said before fore the 2017 that going into the season counting on Doctson and Grant was criminally insane, because Pryor was brought in as an insurance policy to Doctson.

Then they did it again this year. Trusting Doctson to be a starter.  Just stupid. 

I dont understand why they dudnt see it: if you have no talent outside, it hurts the inside passing game AND the run game. 

29 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Moving Trent will make no difference I'm afraid.  MOses is not agile enough (too many injuries) Sherff has brain farts... and Bergstrom... heck I'd love to tell you what he's doing wrong but so much bad around him has to be the Centers fault also right?

Why are we so bad against stunts?

Oh and stop pointing to Green Bay Game, they were down a few people, and are looking as bad as we are.  Not something to write home over.

I beg to differ, Trent moving inside was very effective when we did it and it will extend his career.  We should make holes to plug holes, use what we got, most of it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

And Green Bay game matters same way Cardinals game does, this team sometimes looks sharp, sometimes it doesn't.  I will not default them coming out carless vs caring, I might as well not watch if I feel that way.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I beg to differ, Trent moving inside was very effective when we did it and it will extend his career.  We should make holes to plug holes, use what we got, most of it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.?

And Green Bay game matters same way Cardinals game does, this team sometimes looks sharp, sometimes it doesn't.  I will not default them coming out carless vs caring, I might as well not watch if I feel that way.

I almost feel like Trent deserves his own thread.  I'm least upset with him.  I never expeted anything from Chase or Bergstrom, but Scheriff and Moses... just wow.  horrible game.   I don't know if moving Trent to Guard helps, he's one of the best tackles in the league, which doesn't say much after last night.  I'm not ragging on Trent, I am not that confident that Ty NSeke is anything more than a career backup, frankly.  So my comments are more about my lack of faith in who they put at LT over Trent, then on trent.

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

I almost feel like Trent deserves his own thread.  I'm least upset with him.  I never expeted anything from Chase or Bergstrom, but Scheriff and Moses... just wow.  horrible game.   I don't know if moving Trent to Guard helps, he's one of the best tackles in the league, which doesn't say much after last night.  I'm not ragging on Trent, I am not that confident that Ty NSeke is anything more than a career backup, frankly.  So my comments are more about my lack of faith in who they put at LT over Trent, then on trent.

Fair, there was thread someone started before season started about moving him inside and got ridiculed for it.  I said it was too early, then bumped it couple weeks ago.i agree on the assessment of Ty, i just know if we don't do something about interior line, this offense ain't stand a chance.  I think gotta do it for any reason what we doing is absolutely not working.

I'll bump that thread later.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to change their vote? I wont, this is exactly I feared what happened in OP. 

I'm not declaring season over until I see how new peices on o-line fit.  Having said that, that's not what the thread is about, its about the roster that Jay was given.  On offense it was pathetic, there's no other way around it.  The Alex trade is failing and refusing to address the oline depth and injury pronness is killing us yet again. AGAIN.

@Voice_of_Reason you might get out of that steak dinner this year by default at this rate, like sticking a firecracker in someone's sand castle what just happened to our offense in the last 48 hours.

Archived