Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renegade7

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???  

102 members have voted

  1. 1. Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???



Recommended Posts

Maybe this belongs in the Gruden thread, but I'm anxious to see what Gruden can do with a young QB. We've seen Cousins,  Dalton, McCoy, and to a lesser extent Sudfield and Hogan. And all improved under Gruden. Maybe not Sudfield as it was not enough time, but Cousins went from an int machine to a 5000 yard passer. When he does get a young arm to nurture, i don't doubt that he can make that guy look good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Maybe this belongs in the Gruden thread, but I'm anxious to see what Gruden can do with a young QB.

 

When he does get a young arm to nurture, i don't doubt that he can make that guy look good. 

 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

 I wouldn't say Alex will fall off a cliff in the next two years, but expecting him to stay at last years level for more then 2, I'm not buying it.  This playing well or even Elite into your 40s, that's not normal to expect that.  If he's a game manager now, what do you think Alex will be when he's 40? What about 38 when the contract is supposed to expire?  Andy Reid just drafted his replacement over a year ago, that should tell all of us something.

 

The whole game manager thing is a bad joke. Every QB is managing the game as directed. 

 

Alex Smith is locked in for 3 years, and that likely keeps Jay locked in too. Worrying beyond that about whether he declines after those 3 years seems like putting a very unnecessary burden upon yourself. Don't worry about it. Alex will either be so good that they will keep him throughout the full contract, or they will move onto a new, young QB in in a few years. Then, everyone gets to see what Jay can do when developing the new, young QBotF. 

 

I think people are just stressing too much about bridges down the road that they don't need to focus on. Try and enjoy the present. The future will sort itself out on its own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. We’re a ways short still. Both in top tier talent and experience. But it is a steadily improving roster at least now being built the right way.

 

Personally far more concerned with the coaching of what we have but that’s an on-going issue from me,

 

Hail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, Renegade7 said:

 I want Bruce gone.  It was his idea to play chicken with Cousins and no doubt in my mind he had the final say, no Doug Williams, on trading for Alex Smith and letting Cousins walk instead of finding someway to flip Cousins for a draft pick and draft our QB of the future.  Bruce has forced us into win now mode with a roster that can't win now, that's not Jay's fault. 

 

The part in bold can not be over stated. We somehow ended up with a 34 year old QB who 2 contending teams decides was not good enough.  Now he is on the downside and has a few productive years left on a team that is not ready to contend.  This is where we find ourselves, in a few years this team will be starting over as they attempt to do one of the hardest things in sports to do and that is to find a franchise QB.  The present is bad enough, the future looks worse.

 

Thanks Bruce. Thanks a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, Renegade7 said:

 

So I'm gonna try to come at this from a different perspective because I already see this season coming a mile away.  Front Office in my opinion has NOT given Jay a roster that should be expected to be in the playoffs.  You look at the other NFC powers that are expected to win their divisions and what's going on terms potential Wild Card teams like Green Bay, San Francisco, and Carolina, I don't feel we have anything special about us to put us in the convo with the Vikings and Rams now really able to seperate ourselves from the last three teams I mentioned.  We're going to have a lot of games this year that are going to have tie-breaker implications, not just regular NFC games.  It will be a double whammy if we lose to several of the teams we'll be competing for a Wild Card with.

 

Again, this is first time in my adult life that I don't see anything possible special about this team heading into the regular season.  No waiting to see what Fun and Gun can do, no hoping for return to glory with Gibbs return, no how far can Griffin or Cousins take us.  Given the number of injuries we had last year on offense, I feel we did nothing to address that, bringing back guys on the o-line for starting and depth that had injury issues last year, too.  As happy as I am to have AP, we seriously have to temper our expectations with that, especially since he's coming off a knee injury last year himself.  And don't even get me started on what the Front Office did to our Corner depth.  I'm terrified it will negate what should be one of the best Front Sevens in the NFL, period.

 

Because of this, even if we miss the playoffs, I don't want Jay gone, I want Bruce gone.  It was his idea to play chicken with Cousins and no doubt in my mind he had the final say, no Doug Williams, on trading for Alex Smith and letting Cousins walk instead of finding someway to flip Cousins for a draft pick and draft our QB of the future.  Bruce has forced us into win now mode with a roster that can't win now, that's not Jay's fault.  If we come out here looking unprepared for games and we get the "we weren't ready" when the games are typically the same day every week, sure, can him.  But despite me seeing this being a 10-6 team, I can very easily see us getting overwhelmed by more talented teams, especially if the injuries start piling up.

 

So odds are, if we don't make the playoffs, Bruce should be held accountable as I expect it to be his doing and personnel decisions if we miss the playoffs, especially if we get riddled with injures again, Jay has no final say on play acquisition.  I like his offense, it can get people open, I don't want to press the reset button on that unless we have to.  I think Bruce is halfway out the door anyway, honestly, far moreso then Jay is.

 

So ya, I don't think its right to say Jay has what he needs to compete for a playoff spot, we're asking people to overachieve here in too many key positions.  If he does get a playoff berth, he should get all the credit in the world for it.  But that's just my opinion.

 

This is NOT a will we make the playoffs thread, its a "do we have what we need to make the playoffs" thread.  Again, I say "no".

 

Image result for hey mon jamaica

 

 

I appreciate your well written and thought provoking opinion. But please hear me out, take a depth breath and step on board Air Jamaica for a moment. 

 

1) You can project doom and gloom if you choose to. The games haven't been played yet, the possibility of the team being competitive is real. HEALTH is the key, proof is last year. The 7-9 Redskins did so on one leg, think of the players that weren't playing, now they will be. I could list them all, but you already know who they are. 

 

2) That's a real shame. I am so excited to see a new signal call in Alex Smith, a winner by all measures and not a trademarker, a slogan slinger, a liver griller. I am so excited to see a DL that with Allen was making a difference for the D, now paired with Payne and backed up by Settle. The development of ION. This DL has the capability to be a Special Unit for years to come. Look at the teams that surprise the last few years, it starts up front. Most of the posters on ES have been clamoring for an investment in the big Boys up front...It's what made US so hopeful in Scot McC....He was going to build the lines. Well can you not feel that? 

 

3) If you don't ask people to overachieve, what are you coaching up? 

 

And just to address the Bruce deal, I have said since Scot was hired that my feeling is Bruce is less involved in roster calls then most think. The fact that Williams does the talking about players is evidence.. Bruce would not let that happen IMO If He had full say so. That move or call came from about Bruce's head. I think DW is capable of forming a team on the personnel side and allowing the Coaches, the Scouts to work together. Bruce is on stadiums and stuff.

 

Again, enjoy your flight from mediocrity to relevance Jamaica, have a red stripe and think of the pearly shores or the ghettos of Kingston, the choice is yours. 

 

As for me and mine.....IT's what you Jay-make-it

 

Related image

  • Members
  •  
  • 29,777 posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are the only team I can think of that will not reveal just who is making the final personnel decisions, why exactly is that?  I think most of us were very happy with the previous 2 drafts, so that is encouraging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We are the only team I can think of that will not reveal just who is making the final personnel decisions, why exactly is that?  I think most of us were very happy with the previous 2 drafts, so that is encouraging. 

 

But isn't that a refreshing change from a team and organization that aired it's dirty laundry mostly in the media? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jjpomeroy said:

 

Again, we are thinking on the same wave length, but sometimes you are lucky outside your control - like when you meet a team on your schedule that is going through injuries OR is playing below its expectations.  The key is being positioned to take advantage of the situations.  Typically, the Skins don't because how many times have backups beaten us.  To me, this is a huge year on Gruden - will he elevate the team?

 

I think you missed my point. "Luck" is being ready to take down a team that is maybe at a low point. Instead of, for instance, loosing to a beat up Giants team at the end of the season and missing the playoffs. I don't really consider that luck, I consider that lack of preparation. You make your own luck.

 

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Hey, I just wanted to comment on this a bit. My last post was mostly about the defense but I wanted to comment on this in particular. 

 

Who was Chris Thompson before last year? I know he got resigned but he didn't have all pro numbers. Jay saw his potential but he hadn't done it in games much. 

 

Remember in 2014 when Niles Paul put up 500+ yards with Reed hurt. Last year Davis was like top 10 in ypc. Even with all the injuries Bibbs put up 200+ total yards in 3 games. 

 

I'm the least worried about the offense because Jay has shown he can find diamonds in the rough, especially with our inside out offense that makes Reed, Davis Crowder and Thompson the primary targets over the WRs. Maybe that changes with Doctson and Richardson this year but Jay has shown he can move the ball without premier players. What we haven't shown is that we can stop anybody, like ever. So if our formula this year works, I think we're easily a playoff team. 

 

Thompson has been who we though he was for a few years now. One of the better 3rd down backs in the league, but you also know you couldn't run him too much, he is small and injury prone. Last year was what we have known about Chris Thompson in a nutshell.

 

The big issue with the way our offense is designed is that 2 of our main targets are injury prone. Reed is a monster when he is healthy, but he is literally never healthy. When you run your offense through a guy that is going to miss half of the season, that's not good. I'll also add that all of this was done with a different QB than we have now.

 

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

 

I don't get where this is coming from. Smith doesn't have an RG3 injury history and Rodgers (same draft) just signed a contract to take him till he's 40ish. Eli is 37 and still the starter for NY and many are predicting them to win the division. Brees and Brady are 40ish. But suddenly there's a collapse coming for Smith? He had his best season last year. I think we're a sleeper and can make a run if our defense can be more than inept. 

 

Smith has never been in the same league as the elite passers in this league, and part of what has made what success he has had is his legs. Eli is a shell of what he once was, and he was never a great QB. Brees, Rodgers and Brady are in a different category, and it's not even close. Smith had his best season last year, this is true. But he also had a couple elite game breakers that he does not have here. When Smith does not have that, he has been a middle of the pack starter that is efficient, but doesn't test defenses.

 

The good part is that he has been healthy. But guys that run leave themselves open to injury more than pocket passers.

 

To your last point, the D will likely have to be top 10 for us to make a run, and AP will have to run like he did 3 years ago. If I have to guess at this point, I don't think either happens, but we might be close with either. I think the passing attack is going to take a step back as far as yards, TD's and being able to test defenses. I think it will take a step forward in regards of turnovers, as Smith is very safe with the ball. More field goals, less TD's is what I'm seeing, and likely nearly zero turnovers in the red zone. But I don't see this team beating out teams like Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Philly, or Minny. And for us even to get in, we're going to have to beat out a couple of those teams to even get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking Skins:

 

As for your points about Chris Thompson.   Can they function without Chris Thompson?  Sure, why not?  Are they going to the playoffs with guys you mention like Bibbs (and I am ok with Bibbs as you know) and Niles Paul (I get he's off the team but you used him as an example so running with it to make a point), I doubt it.  Not in the stacked NFC.    Can they give some feisty performances and pull off an upset or two with that line up where we wistfully look to next season with what if this happened or that happened this year and how close we came?  IMO sure.  But that's a different subject from playoffs. 

 

To me Chris Thompson can be a lethal weapon in particular with the RPO which I explained in another thread.   Jordan Reed is a stud who can get open.  When I watched some games back with coaches tape I saw at times what Cooley would say in his film reviews which is Doctson isn't hot at getting open and Crowder sometimes struggled with that, too.  Reed on the other hand is a magician at getting open.  I don't think its an accident that their last playoff run was 2015, the year Reed played almost every game.  Can Jay make due with his star players out, sure, but that's an 8-8 team IMO -- a team with moments but not consistent and strong enough to compete with the rosters which are loaded.  Again in moments yes but not enough of them.

 

As for the defense, as you know I was among the ones who thought Payne was a good player not a great player.  But like I told you then I am not a scout and have an open mind.  Love what I've heard about his camp.  Craig Hoffman just said on air the team was surprised how good Payne is.  Ditto they were surprised about Settle.  Clearly, they liked both players since they drafted them but they didn't think they were this good when they drafted them.  At least that's what Hoffman says.  Love hearing that.  So I have some faith in the defense.  As am typing this I just heard that Louis Reddick thinks that Derwin James is looking like the next Sean Taylor.  (Hope he's wrong)  That was my beef with the pick.  But if Payne is a beast, I'd be more than fine with it even if James is monster level good.  I do worry about the secondary some especially the depth. 

7 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

 

 

The big issue with the way our offense is designed is that 2 of our main targets are injury prone. Reed is a monster when he is healthy, but he is literally never healthy. When you run your offense through a guy that is going to miss half of the season, that's not good. I'll also add that all of this was done with a different QB than we have now.

 

 

To me this is the operative point.  Our offense's key weapons aren't durable typically.  The narrative with Atlanta for example isn't heck if we can only get Julio Jones on the field, watch out.  Ditto for most teams.  That's what makes the Redskins offense and in turn team such a wild card IMO because you have to keep your fingers crossed that their top 2 stars make it through a season and if anything expect they don't.    

 

And just because Jay can go back to the kitchen and whip up a meal with lesser ingredients and the meal still is decent....that doesn't change the fact that its still typically not enough.   Yeah they can tease without their stars.  Really every 8-8 team can tease.  Even some of the bad ones tease.  Some make a big deal about how close we were to defeating KC last year.  Well, the Giants and Jets (bad teams last year) actually beat KC let alone just came close to doing it.  You can hang onto moments like that and say wow if we beat KC with a depleted roster imagine this and imagine that.  But really all teams are most of them have some cool narratives like that where they can bask in what ifs.  Winning in the NFL isn't about cool moments and projecting based on that IMO -- its about consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some make a big deal about how close we were to defeating KC last year.  Well, the Giants and Jets (bad teams last year) actually beat KC let alone just came close to doing it.  

 

 

Alex Smith killed us with his legs that game. Man, I hate that guy. Wait... WHAAAA????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This roster is absolutely a playoff team.   The NFC is loaded this year.  I think you can discount 2 teams from the playoffs his year (bucs and bears).  Every other team has a chance.  Meanwhile the AFC has possibly 3 locks (pats, steelers, texans)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

 

 

The whole game manager thing is a bad joke. Every QB is managing the game as directed. 

 

Alex Smith is locked in for 3 years, and that likely keeps Jay locked in too. Worrying beyond that about whether he declines after those 3 years seems like putting a very unnecessary burden upon yourself. Don't worry about it. Alex will either be so good that they will keep him throughout the full contract, or they will move onto a new, young QB in in a few years. Then, everyone gets to see what Jay can do when developing the new, young QBotF. 

 

I think people are just stressing too much about bridges down the road that they don't need to focus on. Try and enjoy the present. The future will sort itself out on its own. 

Down the road? If we aren't contenders right now with a qb in his mid 30s we are wasting time.  They better win.

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

This roster is absolutely a playoff team.   The NFC is loaded this year.  I think you can discount 2 teams from the playoffs his year (bucs and bears).  Every other team has a chance.  Meanwhile the AFC has possibly 3 locks (pats, steelers, texans)

This concerns me, and I think a lot of people are missing this.  In normal circumstances id lean more towards yes.  This is not normal, there is a ****load of teams that are as good or better then us in NFC.  Can we compete, sure, can we separate ourselves from the pack at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SWFLSkins its not pessimism, its realism.  I'm giving this about 4 games to see how far off I am then waiting for the playoff berth. They can do it, odds are against them.

 

As for Bruce, he was the one playing chicken with Cousins on the contract thing after firing Scott for wanting to trade him.  It's hard to say who has final say up to the trade because they've never announced it, but it has the looks of saving face.  The only person whoreally had to save face out of the entire Cousins fiasco was Bruce, why I believe it was his call and transitioning towards Doug having hirer role, before all the new hires in the front office really starred showing up.

 

  Doug doesn't come across as the type to put us in win now mode like this, it seemed desperate, like the move of someone whos been here for years in major decision making and not getting results.

 

We about to play in 3 hours, I'm nor touching this thread likely for rest of the day.  I still believe only team that beat the redskins is the redskins, that's the fan in me.  I also know what we up against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Down the road? If we aren't contenders right now with a qb in his mid 30s we are wasting time.  They better win.

 

This was the part of your words that I responded on the "down the road" part.

 

Quote

 If he's a game manager now, what do you think Alex will be when he's 40? What about 38 when the contract is supposed to expire? 

 

This is being concerned about "down the road", in my opinion... because it focuses on after his 3 year locked-in contract is done.

 

Looking at that a few years from now certainly is DOWN THE ROAD, and it's not a productive endeavor. They will draft a QBotF in 2020, and then you can have your new and exciting young QB with a cheaper contract. Better to focus on these 3 years alone, oh and maybe give this 34 year old QB a chance before he even throws his first pass in yr 1 as a Redskin. Just like Cousins, Alex Smith will be as good as his team around him lets him be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

But isn't that a refreshing change from a team and organization that aired it's dirty laundry mostly in the media? 

No, you can make clear who has final say on what without being a soap opera.  This is a setup for lack of responsibility if it goes wrong.  I dont want to clean house if we hiver around 500 again, jus whoever made the call to trade for a qb in his mid 30s without a rosrsr to out us over the top.

2 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

 

This was the part of your words that I responded on the "down the road" part.

 

 

This is being concerned about "down the road", in my opinion... because it focuses on after his 3 year locked-in contract is done.

 

Looking at that a few years from now certainly is DOWN THE ROAD, and it's not a productive endeavor. They will draft a QBotF in 2020, and then you can have your new and exciting young QB with a cheaper contract. Better to focus on these 3 years alone, oh and maybe give this 34 year old QB a chance before he even throws his first pass in yr 1 as a Redskin. Just like Cousins, Alex Smith will be as good as his team around him lets him be. 

 

In the context of my conversation with another poster.  I dont think Alex plays into his late 30s early 40s.  I can have multiple opinions about this window if they lineup.

 

Just stop with this giving him a chance crap.  He doesn't have a single skill position player on offense as good as the stars he had in KC outside maybe Reed and that's if he stays healthy.  Alex age is only part of the problem here, dont simplify it so it can be an easier target for you to dismiss.

 

I want to be wrong on this, dont get it twisted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@SWFLSkins its not pessimism, its realism.  I'm giving this about 4 games to see how far off I am then waiting for the playoff berth. They can do it, odds are against them.

 

As for Bruce, he was the one playing chicken with Cousins on the contract thing after firing Scott for wanting to trade him.  It's hard to say who has final say up to the trade because they've never announced it, but it has the looks of saving face.  The only person whoreally had to save face out of the entire Cousins fiasco was Bruce, why I believe it was his call and transitioning towards Doug having hirer role, before all the new hires in the front office really starred showing up.

 

  Doug doesn't come across as the type to out us in win now mode like this, it seemed desperate, like the move of someone whos been here for years in major decision making and not getting results.

 

We about to play in 3 hours, I'm nor touching this thread likely for rest of the day.  I still believe only team that beat the redskins is the redskins, that's the fan in me.  I also know what we up against.

How is that giving them four games, LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

How is that giving them four games, LOL 

In my eye, we lose that Green Bay game at home, this ain't a playoff team.  We have to win those games for head to head tie breakers and its at home, no excuse if we are a playoff team.  First 4 games are all winnable, coming out less then 3-1 or 2-2 is asking for it with this schedule.  Again, its not just the the roster that concerns me, its the conference and the schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

In my eye, we lose that Green Bay game at home, this ain't a playoff team.  We have to win those games for head to head tie breakers and its at home, no excuse if we are a playoff team.  First 4 games are all winnable, coming out less then 3-1 or 2-2 is asking for it with this schedule.  Again, its not the the roster that concerns me, its the conference and the schedule.

 

I agree with that and have said as much, only diff, I'm being hopeful until proven otherwise...within reason, hahahaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

I agree with that and have said as much, only diff, I'm being hopeful until proven otherwise...within reason, hahahaa

Ya, there's a lot going on here that was in our control and a lot that's not and never was.  It's really hard to describe my relationship with this team because they helped me realize that what's supposed to happen doesn't always happen and that's what keeps me coming back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

Image result for hey mon jamaica

 

 

I appreciate your well written and thought provoking opinion. But please hear me out, take a depth breath and step on board Air Jamaica for a moment. 

 

1) You can project doom and gloom if you choose to. The games haven't been played yet, the possibility of the team being competitive is real. HEALTH is the key, proof is last year. The 7-9 Redskins did so on one leg, think of the players that weren't playing, now they will be. I could list them all, but you already know who they are. 

 

2) That's a real shame. I am so excited to see a new signal call in Alex Smith, a winner by all measures and not a trademarker, a slogan slinger, a liver griller. I am so excited to see a DL that with Allen was making a difference for the D, now paired with Payne and backed up by Settle. The development of ION. This DL has the capability to be a Special Unit for years to come. Look at the teams that surprise the last few years, it starts up front. Most of the posters on ES have been clamoring for an investment in the big Boys up front...It's what made US so hopeful in Scot McC....He was going to build the lines. Well can you not feel that? 

 

3) If you don't ask people to overachieve, what are you coaching up? 

 

And just to address the Bruce deal, I have said since Scot was hired that my feeling is Bruce is less involved in roster calls then most think. The fact that Williams does the talking about players is evidence.. Bruce would not let that happen IMO If He had full say so. That move or call came from about Bruce's head. I think DW is capable of forming a team on the personnel side and allowing the Coaches, the Scouts to work together. Bruce is on stadiums and stuff.

 

Again, enjoy your flight from mediocrity to relevance Jamaica, have a red stripe and think of the pearly shores or the ghettos of Kingston, the choice is yours. 

 

As for me and mine.....IT's what you Jay-make-it

 

Related image

  • Members
  •  
  • 29,777 posts

777, some days are great days, today is one of them. Maybe the tide has turned, I have hope. Maybe Alex was the answer, I have hope, Maybe AP got some football left in him, I Have Hope, Maybe Reed and Thompson staying upright, I HAVE Hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

777, some days are great days, today is one of them. Maybe the tide has turned, I have hope. Maybe Alex was the answer, I have hope, Maybe AP got some football left in him, I Have Hope, Maybe Reed and Thompson staying upright, I HAVE Hope. 

No need to quote yourself after one game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

No need to quote yourself after one game.

 

LOL, It was the way the team played....It's 1/16th, and as a Carpenter, I know how it important that is. 

51 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

777, some days are great days, today is one of them. Maybe the tide has turned, I have hope. Maybe Alex was the answer, I have hope, Maybe AP got some football left in him, I Have Hope, Maybe Reed and Thompson staying upright, I HAVE Hope. 

 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No need to quote yourself after one game.

 

I think I put enough Maybes in there, also enjoy the Win. I mean you did want them to Win right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

LOL, It was the way the team played....It's 1/16th, and as a Carpenter, I know how it important that is. 

Measure twice, cut once Offense.  If anything Gruden got that monkey off his back and they look very well coached right now.  No more "Our guys weren't ready", that's how we gonna win games, scrappy.  I have to see more from the vertical game, I didn't see anything, exactly what a lot of us have been worrying about concerning our WRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Renegade7 said:

Measure twice, cut once Offense.  If anything Gruden got that monkey off his back and they look very well coached right now.  No more "Our guys weren't ready", that's how we gonna win games, scrappy.  I have to see more from the vertical game, I didn't see anything, exactly what a lot of us have been worrying about concerning our WRs.

 

Against the Cards though, Great corners and they blitz heavy,,,,good D Alex Smith beat today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.