Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018: Start of the Philadelphia Eagles Football Dynasty

Westbrook36

Last year was fantastic for the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Won Superbowl

Best young QB in the NFL and likely perennial MVP candidate

Backup QB wins SB MVP and has gigantic ****

Most cumulative talent in the league

Head coach has the biggest balls the league has ever saw

As an encore, the team began its march to being the first modern NFL-Era dynasty by picking up right where they left off.  Facing everyone's cute pick to represent the NFC in the SB, the defense absolutely smothered the Falcons and handedly won a game minus several key pieces set to return in the coming weeks (Wentz, Bradham, Jeffrey, Jernigan). 

What this tells us is that the Eagles are even somehow more scary then they were last year when they ripped through the league without hardly breaking a sweat.  Big Balls Doug Pederson is the anti-Andy Reid as he just knows how to win and finish games.  At no point last night did I believe the team would actually lose......they don't know how to lose.  ****ing winners. 

It looks like the date that every other team in the NFC East being resigned that the Eagles are going to win the division has been moved up several weeks this year.  Good luck, guys.....with luck, the Eagles may only go 5-1 against the division this year. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

LOL, great post.

Seriously the D is stout but Ertz was back to 2016 and previous years form by making dumb mistakes and dropping that crucial 3rd down.

I think you guys need Wentz and Alshon back immediately and stay with Ajayi and stop trying to force the ball to Sproles, he's old and you're a better team when you play smashmouth football, once you got Ajayi involved your offense started to move and took some pressure off Napolean Dynamite.

I like the big rookie TE, I know he didn't do much but you can tell he's athletic and I think its a matter of time before he unseats Ertz.

I can't wait to play you guys to gauge where we're at as a team, last year you were coming off a last-place finish and with a few free agent moves you won a Superbowl, your offense looked putrid but once Wentz is back I expect that to change.

One SuperBowl does not make a dynasty.  This sort of speculation is equal to piling on when there's a fumble to recover.  The facts do not support the OP's subjective speculations.  As a +3 decade Skins faithful, I'll state that my Mom is a Philly Fan....why?  She has no link to Philly or doesn't really follow football...she hopped on the winners train and was smack dab in the middle of the family feud between Redskins and Dallas divided family members.  I love my mom and was glad she stated she was an Eagles Fan, additionally that they won a SuperBowl last year.   However, there's no objective indicators that the Eagles are destined to repeat, nor make it back to the SuperBowl this year or beyond.  These are not the Patriots and Pederson has not established himself as any sort of Guru. 

Speaking of winning seasons like the Eagles had last year, it's easy to point out that they did in fact luck out on more than a few victories.  Sometimes the ball bounces your way, all year, and you seem to win all the close games.  This sort of confidence is contagious and the Eagles had that going for them last year.  I'm not saying the Eagles got lucky winning the SuperBowl, nor that they were'nt or aren't deep with talent.  My objectivity points towards everything going their way for one full season.  This is not a dynasty situation.  The Eagles are very beatable.  You only need to point out that had Atlanta didn't have everything go their way.  Their QB seems regressive, again, as well as the Week 1 Refs pushing some questionable calls against them.  Had things been flipped, the Eagles lose the opener and Atlanta wins by more than 6 points. So, the Eagles had things go their way again, week 1...that's not a dynasty.  Their luck could continue or run out.  They're just a good team right now.

I find it amazing that Westy has almost 10,000 posts. 

That is all.

EDIT: Since they started doing the Thursday Night opener with the SB Champs and somebody else, I don't think I've seen a sloppier opener for both teams.  Sure the Eagles won, but it was far from a maestro performance. 

I still think they're the most talented team in the NFC East.  But they're going to have to play a lot better than that to have late success. 

Serious question since I don't really pay attention to Eagles news, when is Wentz expected back?

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s more that it’s a lot of posts in an opposing teams forum when you’re basically a caricature of a troll... 

Eagles boards are pretty scattered compared to ours.  Think only rival board that comes close to ours is Cowboys Zone.  Ya, that is a lot, but kinda wish we had more fans of division rivals show up.  I haven't heard from @Tom [Giants fan] in forever, did @Who_Del get banned?  I don't remember, think he did.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, tailgate posts don’t count?

seriously asking cause i have no idea. I figured they did ? 

They did that years ago, go post some in RTT, you'll see you get nada. 

They first stopped future tailgate posts from counting, then they removed all Tailgate posts from your total count (mentioned in another thread that was over 10k before, then knocked back down, and just got back over 10k again)

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any sign of @Westbrook36?

This is why I think he needs to be banned.  I have no issue with fans of other teams.  But if you are going to come here and talk **** when they are winning, you need to come take your lumps when they are losing.  Otherwise you are just a troll.

Westbrook is a troll. :)

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Guess his orders just came down today. :D :eagles_suck:

And he is double-timing it to get there! :D:eagles_suck:

On 9/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, Westbrook36 said:

Last year was fantastic for the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Won Superbowl

Best young QB in the NFL and likely perennial MVP candidate

Backup QB wins SB MVP and has gigantic ****

Most cumulative talent in the league

Head coach has the biggest balls the league has ever saw

As an encore, the team began its march to being the first modern NFL-Era dynasty by picking up right where they left off.  Facing everyone's cute pick to represent the NFC in the SB, the defense absolutely smothered the Falcons and handedly won a game minus several key pieces set to return in the coming weeks (Wentz, Bradham, Jeffrey, Jernigan). 

What this tells us is that the Eagles are even somehow more scary then they were last year when they ripped through the league without hardly breaking a sweat.  Big Balls Doug Pederson is the anti-Andy Reid as he just knows how to win and finish games.  At no point last night did I believe the team would actually lose......they don't know how to lose.  ****ing winners. 

It looks like the date that every other team in the NFC East being resigned that the Eagles are going to win the division has been moved up several weeks this year.  Good luck, guys.....with luck, the Eagles may only go 5-1 against the division this year. 

They found a way loose. To the Bucs, without their starting QB. Well, at least this running joke has been derailed early, Cya next year Westy. Don't troll too hard, you'll pull something......

Edited by Morneblade
  • Haha 1

In the eagles defense, this is the same record they had last year (their super bowl winning year) through 2 games, before their long winning streak. With Wentz coming back it sounds like next week, i wouldn’t be surprised to see him continue where he left off and get them on another winning streak...

with that being said, **** you @Westbrook36 and your darn super bowl team too!!!!! 

What a time to be alive. 

Eagles lost without their top 10 players to a team clearly playing their Super Bowl yesterday. Despite being down 27-7 in the fourth, Nick “BIG DICK” Foles had the ball in his hand at the end with the ability to win the game. 

Wentz comes back week and the domination tour continues. The Eagles are playing at home (presumably in a stadium without 20k empty seats). 

Times yours. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westbrook36 said:

What a time to be alive. 

Eagles lost without their top 10 players to a team clearly playing their Super Bowl yesterday. Despite being down 27-7 in the fourth, Nick “BIG DICK” Foles had the ball in his hand at the end with the ability to win the game. 

Wentz comes back week and the domination tour continues. The Eagles are playing at home (presumably in a stadium without 20k empty seats). 

Times yours. 

About the type of response I'd expect from an Eagles fan.