Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Yup. I turned over to my son and said you need a 1st down and there was a player right at the yellow line. Why not just throw to him and get a 1st down instead of throwing it deep. Maybe he was hoping for interference. Bad play calling there indeed. 

I didn't mind passing on 3rd down so much as not running the ball on 2nd down. Kyle has not learned his lesson from when he was OC for the Falcons in the SB against the Pats. 

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I didn't mind passing on 3rd down so much as not running the ball on 2nd down. Kyle has not learned his lesson from when he was OC for the Falcons in the SB against the Pats. 

I understand that but my point is if you are going to throw on 3rd down then do it to get the 1st down at least and not go...**** it I am going deep Sexy Rexy style. 

25 minutes ago, zskins said:

Rosen is getting murdered on every snap it looks like. AZ OL is really that bad?

They are bad, but the coaches are doing nothing to help the OL or the QB or really anyone on that offense. I have a feeling the offensive coordinator will be fired after this one. And he should be.

51 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I heard that this afternoon. It’s no surprise to anyone I heard on the radio today. What’s funny or sad or whatever you want to call it, is that he has been fired from 3 jobs in 2 years. It’s amazing he keeps getting hired. 

9 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I heard that this afternoon. It’s no surprise to anyone I heard on the radio today. What’s funny or sad or whatever you want to call it, is that he has been fired from 3 jobs in 2 years. It’s amazing he keeps getting hired. 

I don't think it's really unusual for coaches to get fired and re-hired frequently. What's weird is the progression or regression of titles. In other words, it's strange how he couldn't last a year at his previous 2 OC stints, yet immediately prior to that, he lasted 4 years as a HC.

Usually it's the other way around ; A lot of guys have success as an OC or DC, but flop as a HC.

I guess if anything he needs to revert back to the last title he held that was below OC - as a QB coach.

Archived