Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

The Eagles have needed a good slam dunk game to get them out of their slump. Sadly, I think this game is the one that does it for them.

Idk about that. They face the panthers next week. I could see the panthers winning that (although i could also see Philly wining). Then they go to London to fave the jags. Then the bye week. Next two games after are Vs cowboys on SNF and then @ saints. I could see them being 5-5 after that 4 game stretch. Losses to panthers and saints, wins against jaguars and cowboys 

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Idk about that. They face the panthers next week. I could see the panthers winning that (although i could also see Philly wining). Then they go to London to fave the jags. Then the bye week. Next two games after are Vs cowboys on SNF and then @ saints. I could see them being 5-5 after that 4 game stretch. Losses to panthers and saints, wins against jaguars and cowboys 

What makes you think that? This is a team that has only added pieces from a dominating Super Bowl run last year -- not to mention they got their all-world QB back. This is their division to lose and I can't see them losing more than 2 games the rest of the way.

19 minutes ago, skinsfan834 said:

What makes you think that? This is a team that has only added pieces from a dominating Super Bowl run last year -- not to mention they got their all-world QB back. This is their division to lose and I can't see them losing more than 2 games the rest of the way.

The dominating SB run where they got past the Falcons by the skin of their teeth?

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

The dominating SB run where they got past the Falcons by the skin of their teeth?

They also went 13-3, beat the Vikings by 30, took down Belichick and Tom Brady, all without their best player. So yeah... I'd say it was pretty dominant and spectacular what they did last year. 

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The Giants are awful but you just KNOW against us they'll play with every fiber of being in their body, their absolute hearts out, and will beat us at least once if not twice.

Yep, by the time they play us, whether it's the 1st or the 2nd game or both, they're season could be locked up as completely lost or completely saved, and then play us in a completely meaningless game for them, and they will give it everything they got, which is usually more than we got.

On October 11, 2018 at 8:47 PM, GhostofSparta said:

Riddle me this, Batman: You take a running back #2 overall. The guy shows he can make some amazing plays. You have 1st and goal inside the 5, and you throw the ball twice to settle for a FG?

Why? Even the Giants have to know Eli is washed up by this point, why not run Barkley 4 times inside the 5?

I wonder about this.  There are comparisons with Barkley and Barry Sanders regarding highlight plays.  For all of Barry Sanders' great plays and statistics, it is easy to forget that he often had to be taken off the field on obvious run downs.  When coaches tried to use him inside the ten or on 3rd and one, way more often than not, he would kill the drive.  I dont know enough about Barkley to know if he will be a good short yardage back.  I really think he is a special player, and I think he will be considered the best RB in the NFL in the near future.  But his stats from last week at Carolina may be a reason that the Giants didn't try to run inside the 5.  Last week, Barkely ran for 48 yards on 15 carries.  Those numbers include runs of 30 yards and 20 yards.  So, his other 13 carries went for a total of negative 2 yards.  He has a horrible offensive line, and even with his talent, there is a low chance of success for each run.

I’ll never understand why coaches play for FGs. They deserve to lose more than the dolphins for that **** play calling 

Just now, Nerm said:

Mike Evans is 25 years old.  He is also the all time leader in receiving yards for Tampa Bay.  My god, that is just strange.

Well you wouldn’t know it looking at him on my fantasy team today 

6 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Mike Evans is 25 years old.  He is also the all time leader in receiving yards for Tampa Bay.  My god, that is just strange.

Mike Evans is good, but can anyone think of a receiver from Tampa who actually was notable? Not just an FA signing that was supposed to turn them around like Vincent Jackson or DeSean. I honestly can't think of one.

That is not a TD (Cowboys game) they better overturn it.

Also, I thought a player cannot recover their own fumble and keep running with it? I thought the play is dead once a player recovers their own fumble?  Dak fumbled the ball, it bonces back up in the air and he grabs it and runs for a 1st down.  

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Romo is a great broadcaster and so is Aikman. They are both fair and impartial when covering games 

Don't disagree.  But now the premier CBS color guy is Romo, FOX color guy is Aikman, and MNF color guy is Witten.  Too much Cowboys for me

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That is not a TD (Cowboys game) they better overturn it.

Also, I thought a player cannot recover their own fumble and keep running with it? I thought the play is dead once a player recovers their own fumble?  Dak fumbled the ball, it bonces back up in the air and he grabs it and runs for a 1st down.  

Only after 2min warning. 

29 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Mike Evans is good, but can anyone think of a receiver from Tampa who actually was notable? Not just an FA signing that was supposed to turn them around like Vincent Jackson or DeSean. I honestly can't think of one.

Keyshawn Johnson?  Not sure how long he played in Tampa though.

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

the more I see of Kirk in Minny, controlling huddles, dancing in the end zone, etc, the more convinced I am he never wanted to be here. It’s two different personas. Reminds me of Kirk when he was at MSU. We got the other guy. No emotion. 

Complete BS

Archived