Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

Your argument here is "Kirk put up big numbers on the Rams defense therefore they are not a good defense therefore Kirk putting up big numbers on them is not an achievement".   How about look at their actual play on the field.  Were they good? No.  Were they miles better than the trash fire Vikings D? Yes.

In 154 career starts Alex Smith has never passed for 400+ yards.  Kirk has done it 5 times in 61 starts.

Smith has 12 games with 3+ TDs and no ints.  Kirk has 9. 

There are maybe eight active NFL QBs who could have done what Kirk did for the first 58 minutes last night.  Yes, the other seven are a lot less likely to have fumbled away the game at the end.  But Alex Smith is not even in the conversation, because he would not even have kept the game close.  It would have been over at halftime.

Huh?? When did this become a conversation about Kirk and Alex Smith? If anyone put up those numbers on the Rams defense I would say they did not play good defense, has nothing to do with Kirk. How were they miles better than the Vikings D? Did you look at the stats? They were not that different. So if you think the Vikings were a trash fire, which they were, then the Rams were trash as well.

If the Redskins D gave up that stat line to ANYONE would you feel good about their performance? There was no defense last night on either team. The Rams at the end got the fumble which was a good play on their part. Lets say that didnt happen, how much confidence would you have had that the Rams defense was going to stop the Vikings offense?

12 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If the Redskins D gave up that stat line to ANYONE would you feel good about their performance? There was no defense last night on either team.

One of those bad defenses was worse than the other.  Hint: The one which gave up 100 yards rushing and only had one sack.

Vikings defense last night was a F-.  Rams was a D+; yes they let Kirk run wild, but they got to him four times and they shut down the run.

Fans of 31 other teams look at Kirk right now as a top 10 QB who is earning his contract.  They also look at us as morons for letting him walk.

8 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

One of those bad defenses was worse than the other.  Hint: The one which gave up 100 yards rushing and only had one sack.

Vikings defense last night was a F-.  Rams was a D+; yes they let Kirk run wild, but they got to him four times and they shut down the run.

Fans of 31 other teams look at Kirk right now as a top 10 QB who is earning his contract.  They also look at us as morons for letting him walk.

Barely, they were both bad. Just because the Vikings was really trash doesnt make the Rams performance good. Im not sure I understand how this is even a disagreement. Good defenses dont give up that stat line. IF the Rams dont create that fumble, do you think they would stop the Vikings straight up from driving down the field? For most of the game they didnt get pressure on Kirk, he had a lot of time to throw the ball. I was expecting the Rams defense with Donald and Suh in the middle to be pretty dominating, which is why I drafted them in fantasy football. Just havent seen it yet which is very surprising to me especially with Wade Phillips running the show.

And last week they were laughing at the Vikings for paying Kirk 84 million. Lets see where we are at the end of the season, one game doesnt make or break a player.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Way to cherry pick 1 frame out of a whole video.  A still pictures doesn't show much when it's the action we're talking about here.  This reminds me of the one frame that people were showing when Tom Wilson got suspended in the playoffs for his "hit to the head" and they used the still pictures to tell a different story of what really happened.

We will agree to disagree.

You want more frames, I got more frames.  :)

giphy.gif

You can clearly see Matthews upper body stop descending before his hand comes down, which mean he landed on Cousins with that right shoulder.  That's what the league is trying to get rid of.  The problem is that no one knows exactly how defensive players should go about doing that.  Accelerate in a straight line and then what, aim off target and attempt an arm tackle?  Would that even work against some of the bigger QBs? 

It's like the league solved the stupid catch rule nonsense but decided that they needed to mess up something else.  So they've got us all watching replays of tackles landing on players, as if that's not how tackling has always worked.  Behold this collection of what most of us would recognize as good or normal plays, that are now deemed 15 yard penalties: 

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

You want more frames, I got more frames.  :)

You can clearly see Matthews upper body stop descending before his hand comes down, which mean he landed on Cousins with that right shoulder.  That's what the league is trying to get rid of.  The problem is that no one knows exactly how defensive players should go about doing that.  Accelerate in a straight line and then what, aim off target and attempt an arm tackle?  Would that even work against some of the bigger QBs? 

It's like the league solved the stupid catch rule nonsense but decided that they needed to mess up something else.  So they've got us all watching replays of tackles landing on players, as if that's not how tackling has always worked.  Behold this collection of what most of us would recognize as good or normal plays, that are now deemed 15 yard penalties: 

1. He landed on Cousin's torso not on his shoulder like he did on the Rogers late hit.

2. Even though his body landed on Cousins before his Matthew's planted hand hits the ground, planting his hand on the ground will STILL absorb a lot of the impact compared to if he had not done that. 

3. The dude that hit Rogers was on his 2 feet when he HIT Rogers and lifted his 2 feet off the ground as he took him to the ground which shows intention of driving his weight into the ground.  Matthews did nothing close to that.

I'm also not sure why you keep showing cherry picked gifs or stills of the tackle, I posted a slow motion video of the whole thing.

Archived