Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Will I get banned if I say I hope Brady breaks his penis while banging his supermodel wife in their multi-million dollar mansion?

That only happens when you're ****ing with a cat 5. His wife is gorgeous,  but you know a cat 5 when you see one 😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No he doesn't. He's been in the league 9 years and has missed about 2 seasons worth of games and been hobbled in a couple more. He's been great when he's healthy, but guys don't make the Hall of Fame for a few years of being great. 

Sure they do, look at Terrell Davis. Gronk’s Numbers already put him among the best TEs to ever play and that’s despite missing so much time. 

Not to mention that when he’s played he’s probably the most complete TE in league history in terms of skill set. 

He absolutely deserves it. And now he has 3 SB rings too 

I think it is insulting to insinuate the Pats work harder than everyone else. They are better than average organization than rest of league with generational QB talent and whatever time machine their FO has to keep their defense solid.... as well as BB is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Re: Goff
Romo called out the play where Woods was open in middle and he forced to Cooks.... and the pick was also a bad read... can't hang that ball up.

And he waited way too long when Cooks was open in the end zone. He makes that pass and the Woods pass and we might be talking about a Rams title right now.

That said, he's a 23 year old. Everyone knows what the pressure of the Super Bowl does to guys the first time they play in it, especially if they are young. It seemed basic and obvious, come out and give Goff some quick hitters, screen passes and the like. Especially when everyone with half a brain knew the Pats weren't going to let them run early.  Let Goff get comfortable and in a rhythm, even if it didn't lead to early points, it would set him and the run game up for later. Again, it seemed so obvious I would never even have thought that McVay wouldn't figure that out.

Instead, he came out and went run-run-pass the whole first half (and a lot of the second), putting Goff in constant third and longs. And the pass plays he did call were of the 'band back there forever and wait for someone to come open' variety. No creativity at all from his offense. 

Goff was bad, but it's on McVay first and foremost.

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I think it is insulting to insinuate the Pats work harder than everyone else. They are better than average organization than rest of league with generational QB talent and whatever time machine their FO has to keep their defense solid.... as well as BB is amazing.

They definitely work smarter, I'll say that. Preparedness and intellect. They've always been a cut above the rest.

I question the wisdom of the mighty one Romo in saying to decline the penalty. That left NE in FG range, and they kicked the game ending FG.  Maybe McVay heard that Romo was ranting about it. The refs said the penalty was accepted. Bellichek blew a fuse as they seemed to have changed it to a decline. 

Romo wasn't calling plays as much this time, I think on purpose so it didn't throw the game.  He obviously knows the NE offense inside out.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sure they do, look at Terrell Davis. Gronk’s Numbers already put him among the best TEs to ever play and that’s despite missing so much time. 

Not to mention that when he’s played he’s probably the most complete TE in league history in terms of skill set. 

He absolutely deserves it. And now he has 3 SB rings too 

He has less career receptions than Ben Watson and Vernon Davis. Yeah, he's a great blocker, but that doesn't make up for some pretty pedestrian career numbers in catches.

I personally don't think Davis should be in. He got in in a soft year for candidates. But at least he got in on three historically great seasons, an MVP and a Super Bowl MVP. And he got in because injuries made him unable to play. He didn't have a short career so he could go wrestle. 

Gronk may have three rings, but he didn't play in one of those Super Bowls, btw. Missed the whole postseason run that year.

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

i liked the game. Thought the defenses were excellent. 

I agree T. Enjoyed it a lot better than last year's track meet. People will constantly complain about how there is too much offense in the league, but then you get a game like this and people moan that its boring. Remember, up thru Elway's back-to-back wins, many of the SB's were blowouts. The Titans vs Rams and first Pats vs Rams SBs were thought of as great games at the time, and both of those were not dissimilar to tonight's game.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He has less career receptions than Ben Watson and Vernon Davis. Yeah, he's a great blocker, but that doesn't make up for some pretty pedestrian career numbers in catches.

I personally don't think Davis should be in. He got in in a soft year for candidates. But at least he got in on three historically great seasons, an MVP and a Super Bowl MVP. And he got in because injuries made him unable to play. He didn't have a short career so he could go wrestle. 

Gronk may have three rings, but he didn't play in one of those Super Bowls, btw. Missed the whole postseason run that year.

Point about Davis was simply that the precedent of shorter careers was set. Gronk isn’t a volume catcher so the receptions aren’t there but the yards and TDs are. He’s a big play guy and also has some clutch moments too. 

Me, personally I don’t see how he isn’t a lock. But agree to disagree I guess 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They definitely work smarter, I'll say that. Preparedness and intellect. They've always been a cut above the rest.

Yeah, there was an article in the WP this week which quoted McVay from when the Pats and Skins held that joint practice a few years ago. McVay said you could tell the Pats were a lot different team than the Skins. 

Man I really wish Mr Kraft was my owner. Guy is a fan (a TRUE fan, with that burning desire to improve every aspect of his team), and gets it. Absolutely gets it. Have a program, a dream, and get the right people in position to carry it out.

That team has accomplished in less than 2 decades what's taken  nearly a hundred years for some of the core franchises in the game to do.

Truly unprecedented 

I kept tabs on nfl.com's Super Bowl predictions.

Of course, noone came anywhere near close to predicting such a low score.

But Reggie Bush wins, for predicting both the correct winner, and the lowest and closest score (28-14)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014551/article/super-bowl-liii-analyst-predictions-patriots-or-rams-in-atlanta

Archived