Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Goff threw some dimes when it mattered -- that bomb at the end of the half. Wow.

And his calm roll out under pressure and then throw to Everett was huge. 

Kid is barely 24. Playing in the hardest place to play in football. How many times have we seen veteran proven "franchise QBs" fail at that place?

When the Rams needed him -- when Gurley was nowhere to be seen -- Goff came up big.

For whatever reason people don't like giving him credit. Maybe it's because he looks more like a surfer -- a skinny one -- than a stud QB. Or because everyone thinks McVay just tells him what to do. But compare him to someone like Cousins -- who time and time again wilted in big moments. 

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

He was 100% having fun with it. He was not serious at all. 

I never liked Romo as a player for very obvious reasons. But he may be my favorite person doing color out there right now. The way he diagnoses a play in a manner that the average fan can understand - and then calls the plays as they happen is really entertaining. Yes, he will get it wrong some. But he gets it right a lot more than anyone I can remember who ever tried. 

Don Meridith, Troy Aikman, and now Tony Romo were/are all damn good at this.  Do the Cowboys offer media classes for their QBs or something?

9 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Don Meridith, Troy Aikman, and now Tony Romo were/are all damn good at this.  Do the Cowboys offer media classes for their QBs or something?

Hmm...  Not quite there with you. Dandy Don was more of a cut up. Not exactly riveting football analysis. More side show entertainment. 

AIkman is decent. Nothing special. I don't dislike him like many do. But I don't look forward to him covering games. 

Romo though? I am really glad when he is calling a game. He really is doing it in a way not done by any other color announcers have before him. The pre-snap reads are much more detailed than pretty anyone. Cris C does a little bit. But it is very general and not nearly as accurate. And honestly it's not much beyond what I see myself. 

But that's just me. I know some really like Troy and that's fine. He is just Ok for me. 

Aikman was the best in the business for a long time until Collinsworth got SNF. 

Now it’s Romo’s world. 

Thats a really solid crew for Fox, NBC and CBS. ESPN has the weakest crew but even then, Booger will say something that makes me laugh at least once a game. He’s entertaining. 

Espn should just put Stephen A in the booth, turn him up to 11 and watch the ratings pour in. I’d love it 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Aikman was the best in the business for a long time until Collinsworth got SNF. 

Now it’s Romo’s world. 

Thats a really solid crew for Fox, NBC and CBS. ESPN has the weakest crew but even then, Booger will say something that makes me laugh at least once a game. He’s entertaining. 

Espn should just put Stephen A in the booth, turn him up to 11 and watch the ratings pour in. I’d love it 

I would mute the TV if SAS called a game.

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

And John Parry, who refs in the Super Bowl, the Rams are 7-0 when he refs their games.

"Officiating assignments are based on performance and not geographic location," the NFL said in a statement Sunday.

But ya think they should be based on both ?

How about the video where one ref appeared to contest the no-call, while another vehemently and angrily waved him off.

Also should be an investigation on whether refs bet on games.

9 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I don’t know why you would do that. Why give them any extra motivation. Despite being on the greatest run in modern football history and having the G.O.A.T. under center, they still like to think of themselves as underdogs. They use that as motivation even if it’s not true. So why would any Rams player feed into that? 

5 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I don’t know why you would do that. Why give them any extra motivation. Despite being on the greatest run in modern football history and having the G.O.A.T. under center, they still like to think of themselves as underdogs. They use that as motivation even if it’s not true. So why would any Rams player feed into that? 

Because Roby Coleman is an athlete and athletes are stupid and don’t think before they speak :P 

On 1/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, BleedBNG said:

Unless you're trying to pull a 1919 World Series and throw the game, I have no idea why you'd ever do this. Everyone knows you either talk up your opponent or your keep your mouth shut leading up to the game. Now you've added to Tom Brady's shoulder chip collection. 

Absolute buffoon. 

34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Most significant Inactive or Injury for either team, is McVay will be without Rath, his Get-Back-Coach, who couldn't even make the trip due to a medical procedure.

Will we see penalties on McVay for encroaching the field due to his poor situational awareness ?

Way to pretty much copy my post :P 

great minds think alike i guess :)

Archived