Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

AFC Champ vs the NFC runner up. Sounds like a SB not to watch....

Yes the saints should have won, but the rams were the team that ended up winning in the end. Not fair to call them the nfc runner up, no matter what we all think about that mistake by the referees. 

18 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

When the Cowboys decided to move on from Romo and keep Dak, that was the best news as a Skins fan i would ever hear in years.

Romo scared me more than Dak ever will. I still get nightmares from his patented Houdini spin move in the pocket that bought him a trillion seconds.

His spin move was my favorite ever.  Also, for some reason, I would expect a huge play whenever he got a bad snap in shotgun formation.  He always seemed to do something awesome when the snap hit the ground or went over his head.  He was great at playground football.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

#HireTonyRomo

From what I hear, he is loving his life.  He has two young kids and does not want to miss any time with them.  He is also making between 5-10 million per year with a schedule that allows him to be home with family.  I think he will eventually try his hand at coaching,. But I don't see t happening in the next 5 years.  He likes to compete, so I think that he will take on that challenge.  Right now, I think he likes the challenge of golfing.  I have read that he has an interest in coaching defense more than offense... But I don't know if anything will ever come of that.

21 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

From the mid-eighties up until 97, the NFC runner up and the 3rd place finisher could have kicked the AFC champs' ass.

I’m just saying you have AFC champ against the team the league said should have loss because they blew the call.  So it’s a champ vs a non champ. Completely defeats the purpose of the super bowl.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m just saying you have AFC champ against the team the league said should have loss because they blew the call.  So it’s a champ vs a non champ. Completely defeats the purpose of the super bowl.

Where did the league say the Rams should have lost because of the blown call? I must have missed that. If that is the case, they should just overturn the results of the game. I mean, if the league is admitting the wrong team won because of this blown call, just declare the Saints the winner.  Throw out the rest of regulation and OT, including the kick they Saints made to take the lead, and just declare them the winner because the refs did something that's never happened in the history of the NFL and missed a penalty call. 

I'm pretty sure the only thing we have heard about the call is Sean Payton saying that he got a call telling him the call was missed. We didn't need Payton to tell us that. We all saw the call was missed. But the league never said one team should won that didn't win. 

Parity is great for excitement.... how many Championship games have been awesome the past 5-10 years?  Same thing with the Super Bowl.

I hate the Patriots, but they are the GOAT... Brady is the GOAT.  What Brady does is not hard, make the right throw all the time, run a dink and dunk offense that mixes in some insane downfield passes and a houdini WR who seems to always get open.

And he should've never deferred that opening kickoff. You're playing at home in the AFC Championship against a team that's been there 300 years in a row, it seems. And you have a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde defense. No way you let Brady and company set the tone from the outset. They marched right down the field, eating up more than half of the whole quarter doing so. Your offense was the most prolific in the league during the season. Let your guys do their thing; let THEM set the tone. Colossal mistake from the jump.

6 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This doesn’t make any sense. The call was horrible but teams have gotten to the SB before based on bad calls. 

The Saints still had the ball first in OT and threw an INT. No it shouldn’t have gotten to that point and likely wouldn’t have but you’re acting like wild card teams haven’t won SBs or that the Rams somehow don’t deserve to be there just because of a bad call. The Rams are a good team and worthy of being there. 

If you are calling the game over on the pass interference, I guess you missed the Saints/Vikings playoff game last year. Crazy **** happens all the time. You don’t know for sure how it would have played out. Again it was a terrible call but the Rams are still worthy NFC champs 

I still think it was a mistake by Reid to defer the leagues top first quarter offense and leagues ahem top QB, to start the game.  Especially being at home on a cold day.  Sure, they came back in the 2nd half. But long ago electing to receive wasn't a problem at all, and teams have been merely blindly copying Bellichek with dare I speculate, only marginal success, if at all.

I find it interesting that we had a game in which a defense was prudent to allow an offense to score, to get the ball back with time left and control their own destiny.  There were 2 or 3 such incidents in that KC game - unprecedented. It gets almost no press nor scrutiny over the decades, but I think we have finally seen the worm turn.  Heck it wasn't long ago that teams rarely to never went for it on 4th down. Now, its all the rage. 

Its of course high time that coaches get a penalty challenge. If they challenge and are wrong, they incur a 10 yard penalty.  Unpopular opine of the day alert, the famous pass interference almost seemed uncatchable, had the DB not been there mowing him down. The throw was far inside of the receiver. 

Looks like we have two polar opposite and extreme takes on the SB. I honestly do not get either one. 

1. Yea, the call was missed. But too bad. **** happens. Can't blame an entire game on one call.  -  In this case, while no guarantees NO wins, it took control out of their hands at a most critical point in the game. And the story that the Rams had to overcome bad calls argument ignores that it's much easier to overcome a bad call in the 2nd Q than with less than 2 mins left to go.  Had the proper call been made - NO could have run the clock out before attempting the FG. Inside 40 is pretty automatic for these guys. But sitll, I get no guarantee he makes it, I get it. But c'mon, to act like it's just the same as an error earlier is a bit disingenuous. The refs have a job to do and they failed in the biggest way and at one of the biggest moment. Honestly that referee should not be allowed to ref PO games again. 

2. The SB is not legitimate as the Rams are not deserving of being NFC Champions based on one bad call.  Only one person really making this statement so I have to mention them out of fairness to others. Actual statement made:

7 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

So the entire SB is a farce and the Rams have no business being there? You can't really believe that can you? The Rams went toe to toe with NO. The fact that the game could be affected by a single call late tells just how close they were. Even after being given the break, they had to make good on it not just getting the FG to tie but then getting the int and scoring first in OT! And it's not like the late game where only one team got the ball. Drew and NO had a chance. And BTW: The interception was not another missed call. The ball was tipped at the line. All contact is legal at that point. 

So as always, the truth lies in the middle somewhere. The Rams are very fortunate to be in the SB. They probably would and should have lost if the right call had been made near the end of the game. But make no mistake, the Rams deserve to be there. Their entire season cannot and should not be defined by one play. Again, Brees had another chance to win it and coughed up an int. 

Will be rooting for the Rams. Hate NE, always have always will. Not saying they suck as that would be well, bull****. It's amazing how they just continue to win. Throw anything at them and they find a way to win. Fun to watch but i still want Brady to lose every time he takes the field. I am a fan - it does not have to be rational. :cheers: See above for even more examples! 

Sean Peyton's play calling on that last drive was terrible too.  They passed on first down, stopping the clock for the Rams.  Then they ran the ball.  Then they pass the ball again (where the penalty happened) which stopped the clock again.  He could have easily called 3 run plays, forced the Rams to use all their TO's, kicked a pretty automatic FG, and the Rams would have had hardly any time to march down field down 3.  

This whole "the refs blew the game" stuff bothers me too.  The whole game was not decided on one call.

21 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Looks like we have two polar opposite and extreme takes on the SB. I honestly do not get either one. 

1. Yea, the call was missed. But too bad. **** happens. Can't blame an entire game on one call.  -  In this case, while no guarantees NO wins, it took control out of their hands at a most critical point in the game. And the story that the Rams had to overcome bad calls argument ignores that it's much easier to overcome a bad call in the 2nd Q than with less than 2 mins left to go.  Had the proper call been made - NO could have run the clock out before attempting the FG. Inside 40 is pretty automatic for these guys. But sitll, I get no guarantee he makes it, I get it. But c'mon, to act like it's just the same as an error earlier is a bit disingenuous. The refs have a job to do and they failed in the biggest way and at one of the biggest moment. Honestly that referee should not be allowed to ref PO games again. 

2. The SB is not legitimate as the Rams are not deserving of being NFC Champions based on one bad call.  Only one person really making this statement so I have to mention them out of fairness to others. Actual statement made:

So the entire SB is a farce and the Rams have no business being there? You can't really believe that can you? The Rams went toe to toe with NO. The fact that the game could be affected by a single call late tells just how close they were. Even after being given the break, they had to make good on it not just getting the FG to tie but then getting the int and scoring first in OT! And it's not like the late game where only one team got the ball. Drew and NO had a chance. And BTW: The interception was not another missed call. The ball was tipped at the line. All contact is legal at that point. 

So as always, the truth lies in the middle somewhere. The Rams are very fortunate to be in the SB. They probably would and should have lost if the right call had been made near the end of the game. But make no mistake, the Rams deserve to be there. Their entire season cannot and should not be defined by one play. Again, Brees had another chance to win it and coughed up an int. 

Will be rooting for the Rams. Hate NE, always have always will. Not saying they suck as that would be well, bull****. It's amazing how they just continue to win. Throw anything at them and they find a way to win. Fun to watch but i still want Brady to lose every time he takes the field. I am a fan - it does not have to be rational. :cheers: See above for even more examples! 

The Rams don’t deserve to be there. The call determined the game. That PI kills off the game. So yes the Super Bowl is a farce.  The league ultimately got its LA vs NE game it so much wanted. I for one won’t be watching for the first time. Only one team truly earned its spot. 

I remember the Redskins benefitted greatly by a terrible call in the 1983 NFC Championship game against the Niners. We were up 21-0, and Moseley had missed at least 3 (maybe four) very makable FGs, which would've had us at 30 or 33-0. But the Niners roared back and tied the game at 21. We had the ball late in the fourth, and there was a truly terrible PI call on the Niners that put us in FG range. Finally, Moseley made a kick, and we win the game. But that call was talked about for a long time.

The call yesterday was a lot worse. Just terrible. But to say the Rams "don't deserve it" is ridiculous. They came back from 13 down in that hostile crowd and played/coached a fantastic game. 

Dont get it twisted.... Despite what might go down as the worst call in the history of football (Fail Mary at least had rec league refs working that game), it shouldnt negate the fact that the Rams were every bit as good as the Saints, and proved it, beating them in the Superdome in primetime, something tbat almost never happens.

Game wasn't over after that call (if it was, this would be a national crisis, instead of an all time epic fail). The Saints even got the ball in OT. You gotta find a way to stop the internal hemorrhage. The Rams did, after getting torn apart early. The Saints didn't. 

It will be a good SB. Boy Wonder and Stay Puft will have their guys ready.

Brady getting his facemask grazed (if that) was a soft ass call that is getting no scrutiny.

In the Saints OT, they got a pass interference call in their favor, that I thought was a make up call.  Sure it was only 14 yards but gave them 1st down at the 40.  Anyone else think that call was weak?

@RichmondRedskin88 yes while the pass interference would’ve most likely ended the game, Drew Brees had one more chance in overtime to make sure that missed penalty didn’t matter. Teams are going to get screwed like the saints did, it’s the NFL. It was up to them in the end to win in overtime and they failed to do so. The rams are a good team. This whole “they don’t deserve to be there” based off of ONE blown penalty is silly. Enjoy missing the super bowl though. Hopefully you miss a super bowl for the ages :D 

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Brady getting his facemask grazed (if that) was a soft ass call that is getting no scrutiny.

In the Saints OT, they got a pass interference call in their favor, that I thought was a make up call.  Sure it was only 14 yards but gave them 1st down at the 40.  Anyone else think that call was weak?

They did that because the refs saw what they did. It was obvious someone told them they blew it and they were trying to even it out.  That’s why the super done sarcastic cheered knowing they did that to make up for it.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@RichmondRedskin88 yes while the pass interference would’ve most likely ended the game, Drew Brees had one more chance in overtime to make sure that missed penalty didn’t matter. Teams are going to get screwed like the saints did, it’s the NFL. It was up to them in the end to win in overtime and they failed to do so. The rams are a good team. This whole “they don’t deserve to be there” based off of ONE blown penalty is silly. Enjoy missing the super bowl though. Hopefully you miss a super bowl for the ages :D 

I won’t lose any sleep. I been fed up with this league forever and with the Redskins beyond incompetent my level of interest has already dropped off way from what it was years ago.  Hope Pats slaughter them and cause the entire country to turn their TVs off as a big middle finger to the league. 

Archived