Simmsy

Gameday Thread

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Why are you guys rooting for the Saints? I don't really care either way, but don't forget they dropped 40+ points on us...then stopped the game to throw Drew Brees a parade. Screw them.

Shameless transplant organizations that move their franchise based on shilling regular people for money are despicable. The Rams are 2 moves in now. Their owner is almost as ****ty as our owner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

The refs didn't panic and throw up an up for grabs pass to be intercepted....  Drew Brees did.  Saints had their chances and choked.  Great Rams win today!! They deserved it!!

That never happens if the refs call an absolutely obvious penalty, that has to be called no matter what time if the game it is.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Rams/Chiefs rematch gonna be lit

I wont put my money on the Rams for this matchup if the Chiefs make it.

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

I really think they could have called PI for not turning his head (it is a pick if he does), PI for the contact, and potentially killing a defenseless receiver....

It wasn't just not turning his head. He blasted the receiver LONG before the ball got there.

Happy for the Rams, but the Saints got royally screwed.

• Like 2

Just now, NikeRedskin7 said:

The refs didn't panic and throw up an up for grabs pass to be intercepted....  Drew Brees did.  Saints had their chances and choked.  Great Rams win today!! They deserved it!!

You mean when he got hit in the face and the Rams player stumbled into an interception?   But anyway, the game would likely have been over with an easy fieldgoal from the saints after running the clock down to a few seconds if the penalty had been called.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Sean Payton may be wanted for murder here in about a half hour or so....

Dawg, no forgiveness for the epic screwup, but I genuinely fear for his life

Saints got robbed, honestly. Still was an incredible game and the Rams are well deserving of a super bowl birth, but it's a shame there will be a referee asterisk on that game. 

Congrats to McVay. Incredible coach. 

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 2

Just now, Birdlives said:

Shameless transplant organizations that move their franchise based on shilling regular people for money are despicable. The Rams are 2 moves in now. Their owner is almost as ****ty as our owner.

They tried to buy a championship, but it won't last, as they have a lot of expiring contracts coming up. The salary cap will bite them in the ass soon enough.

4 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

No big deal though right?

The NFL loves fans like you...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, visionary said:

You mean when he got hit in the face and the Rams player stumbled into an interception?   But anyway, the game would likely have been over with an easy fieldgoal from the saints after running the clock down to a few seconds if the penalty had been called.

Im pretty sure we can go further back in the game and find a lot of missed calls that benefitted the Saints as well.  Rams did enough to overcome the refs non calls.

1 minute ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Im pretty sure we can go further back in the game and find a lot of missed calls that benefitted the Saints as well.  Rams did enough to overcome the refs non calls.

It's over anyway, so it doesn't matter in the end. 

It's depressing, but I hope Brees plays well next year if he comes back though this was probably his last chance for an MVP or another Superbowl.  

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We are all Chiefs now.

Meh. I have a difficult time rooting against Tom Terrific in championships. 

Plus I'm already sick of hearing about the kid of some journeyman middle reliver from 20 years ago. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

The refs didn't panic and throw up an up for grabs pass to be intercepted....  Drew Brees did.  

In fairness, that ball was batted at the line.

Agree that it should've been called. But had the Rams lost this game in close fashion, they could have easily pointed to the fact that they were being roundly hosed until mid-way through the third quarter. I don't think a penalty was called against the Saints until sometime in the 3rd, right?

It was a great game, and i hate that a lot of the talk will now focus on that non-call. Two great teams, only one could come out with a win. I didn't care which one it was, though I guess I'm a little partial to Boy Wonder. Super Bowl will be fantastic, no matter who wins the AFC crown later.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

No big deal though right?

The NFL loves fans like you...

And I love fans who don't blame everything on refs, media, ESPN, NFL Network, NASA, NBA, MLB, CIA, AMA, BET, ABC, CBS, RFK, MADD, FBI, NAACP, and any other scapegoat letters there is out there.  Bad calls happen.  But you have to outplay the opponent in front of you.  Saints may have missed a block, dropped a pass, missed an assignment, missed a read that had nothing to do with the refs.

3 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Probably. But none as blatant as the one near the end of regulation nor as impactful. I am not usually a refs cost a game person. But that was a critical point in the game. Make that call as even a Pee Wee football ref would make and NO can run the clock down. Maybe they miss the Fg. But at least then it's on them to get to OT. There was also another PI that the same ref missed two series before. And these were not bang bang really close plays. These were blatant and extremely obvious. You can see the defender looking for flags expected one at the end of the game.

I will say the one on the pick looked like the line got a hand on it - even if he didn't it looked like it in the air. I can see them not making that call. But the one near the end of the half? That was inexcusable. 

• Like 2

Hahaha Sean Payton still going on about the no call and saying that's why they lost the game. 

No man, I think the rest of the game mattered too. They even won the coin toss. 

• Like 1