Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racism in America.... Is it worse now after the 2016 election?

Must've been pretty bad to get a right-wing group to pull out.

Right-wing militia pulls out of event with New Mexico Republicans, citing 'blatantly racist' remarks from some speakers

A right-wing militia is pulling out of a rally featuring elected Republicans days after Business Insider reported that one of its leaders is a member of a hate group who has denied the Holocaust.

The New Mexico Civil Guard, in a Facebook post on Sunday, said it had "made the decision not to attend the event" — where organizers planned to pay "special tribute" to the paramilitary group — for a number of reasons, among them: that the militia, while led by avowed supporters of President Donald Trump, is ostensibly nonpartisan.

"[T]he Republican side of the ticket in New Mexico has shown an overwhelming amount of very appreciated support," the militia said, "but we are not a Republican or Democratic organization." The "main reason" it will not be attending, however, is because "it has been brought to our attention that key speakers have publicly made some remarks that came across as blatantly racist."

Last week, Business Insider reported that the militia itself was founded by a man with a swastika tattoo who has served as the "commander" of a neo-Confederate organization; another leader is a member of the Proud Boys, designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, who has made comments denying the Nazi extermination of 6 million Jews.

The paramilitary organization is currently facing a lawsuit from the Bernalillo County District Attorney, Raúl Torrez, who alleges that is an illicit, far-right vigilante group.

On Facebook, the New Mexico Civil Guard said it is avowedly anti-hate, asserting that it "in no way condones or participates in racism, and by us being at this event we feel that is what we would be doing."

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 weeks later...

It's Alabama, is this really surprising?

Grissom-Huntsville football game postponed because of ‘inappropriate social media posts’

The Huntsville-Grissom football game scheduled for Thursday has been postponed and moved to Sept. 24 because of “inappropriate social media posts,” according to a letter sent by Huntsville City Schools superintendent Christie Finley.

Dear Huntsville and Grissom High School Families,

I am writing to share some disappointing news. Today, I have made the decision to postpone the rivalry football game between Huntsville High School and Grissom High School to September 24th. While that is certainly disappointing news for the vast majority of students who model our Huntsville City Schools values, the truly disappointing news is the reason why this decision was necessary.

Earlier today, I was made aware of instances of inappropriate social media posts created and shared by several students. These posts turned racially motivated and violent images into “rivalry material.” The students involved in this incident trivialized racism and violence. Huntsville City Schools does not tolerate or condone racism or violence, and, frankly, I expect better of our students.

School decides to read book on Black astronaut to all students after parent complains about it

Instead of giving in to the complaint by a parent in the Rockwood School District, the book will now be read to the entire elementary school.

The Rockwood School District is responding to a parent's complaint about a book that was read to a second-grade class, by having it read to the entire school. 

The book is called "Ron's Big Mission," written about Astronaut Ron McNair – the only Black member of the 1986 NASA Challenger crew. The book focuses on his fight to get a library card in segregated South Carolina when he was a kid growing up there in the 1950s.

But it apparently didn't sit well with one parent of Pond Elementary School.

After hearing it read to her 7-year-old during an online video chat, the parent urged other parents to "preview what we are letting the kids see on there." The statement was posted in a Facebook group for Concerned Parents of the Rockwood School District. The parent said she called the school about it. 

Rockwood Education Equity and Diversity Director Brittany Hogan says the response from other parents supporting the book was immediate.

"They were saying this is amazing that they were buying copies of the book," Hogan says. "One of our parents came out and said she was going to purchase a copy for every second-grader at the elementary school that her children attends."

Hogan calls McNair, who died along with the rest of the crew in the Challenger explosion in 1986, a hero.

"He deserves to be celebrated. His story deserves to be told to our children," Hogan says. "It's important that we continue to move in a space that embeds diverse curriculum." 

• Like 7

Gaston school board candidate stands by calling Black mayor a monkey

Gastonia resident Jim England joins two others in running against Dot Guthrie, who has served the Gastonia Township on the school board since 2013.

Over the summer, England reposted several questionable photos.

On one occasion, England shared an altered photo of Lori Lightfoot – the first Black female mayor of Chicago -- which criticized Lightfoot over the high crime rate in Chicago. England reposted the meme and wrote, “looks like a dumb monkey.”

England stood by his Facebook remarks.

“Generally what I post is the damn truth. It’s just a fact. We can’t cover up the truth,” England said.

England said he didn’t call Lightfoot a monkey because she’s Black.

“It’s not because of her color. I’ve seen white people who look like monkeys,” England said.

Sharing a photo of a Black man punching a white man at a protest in St. Louis, Missouri, England wrote, “the Black ****s need to be shot.”

Though England still agreed with his post, he admitted the word “****” was harsh.

“He was attempting murder, is what I call it,” England said. “I feel like I used a pretty rough word there.”

• 2 weeks later...

Woman arrested for allegedly putting racist notes on windshields

MANITOWOC, Wis. (WLUK) -- Police arrested a woman on possible charges of making a terrorist threat for allegedly leaving racist notes on car windshields.

The suspect was identified as 47-year-old Cathleen Yauch of Two Rivers.

The note that was left closely resembles a hunting license. The note says it gives permission to "hunt and kill the (racial slur)" and to, "hunt day or night. With or without dogs." It also had a "tag" to identify Black people.

Another car in the parking lot was identified to have a similar note on its windshield. Yauch was recognized from security footage outside of the Walmart, placing both notes on the cars. A Walmart employee recognized Yauch from a prior retail theft at the store.

Yauch will be charged with making terrorist threats. She also faces two counts of felony bail jumping, and misdemeanor bail jumping.

Police say she confessed to placing the notes on the windshields.

Miami Herald editor blames ‘internal failures’ after publishing an anti-Semitic, racist insert

Subscribers to el Nuevo Herald, the Spanish-language sister publication of the Miami Herald, opened their papers on Friday to find a paid insert called “LIBRE.” In a column headlined, “American Jews and Israeli Jews” in the insert, an author claimed American Jews support “thieves and arsonists” and equated Black Lives Matter protesters with Nazis.

“What kind of people are these Jews? They’re always talking about the Holocaust, but have they already forgotten Kristallnacht, when Nazi thugs rampaged through Jewish shops all over Germany? So do the BLM and antifa, only the Nazis didn’t steal; they only destroyed,” author Roberto Luque Escalona wrote.

After an onslaught of backlash, the Herald apologized this week and promised to never again run the insert, which the paper’s editors now say had actually included anti-Semitic and racist articles for months.

Aminda Marqués González, executive editor and publisher of the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald, and Nancy San Martín, el Nuevo Herald’s managing editor, said neither had read the insert before publishing it, a fact they called “distressing” in an open letter to readers on Monday.

“It is one of a series of internal failures that we are investigating in order to prevent this from ever recurring,” they wrote.

And nothing of value was lost...

Nebraska bar owner Jake Gardner, charged in fatal shooting of unarmed Black protester, dies by suicide, attorney says

A white bar owner charged with fatally shooting an unarmed Black man in May during protests in Omaha, Nebraska died by suicide in Oregon on Sunday, according to Gardner's attorneys.

"The family of Jake Gardner has asked Tom Monaghan and myself to share the news of his death today, at his own hand," attorney Stu Dornan said at a press conference Sunday. 

The Hillsboro Police Department in Oregon is conducting an investigation into a cause of death after finding Gardner's body outside a medical clinic, according to a news release.

Dornan said Gardner, 38, was scheduled to return to Omaha on Sunday night to face charges in the death of 22-year-old James Scurlock on May 30. A grand jury charged Gardner on Tuesday with manslaughter, attempted assault, making terroristic threats and using a gun to commit a felony. 

Click on the list for the full article

That overt racism is great but the bigger, oft-missed insidious racism is way more subtle; loan officers, hiring practices, school districts, neighborhoods, housing, traffic stops, where roads are built, where schools are built, gerrymandering, etc. 

The south may have more overt racism, but the north isn't immune.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

That overt racism is great but the bigger, oft-missed insidious racism is way more subtle; loan officers, hiring practices, school districts, neighborhoods, housing, traffic stops, where roads are built, where schools are built, gerrymandering, etc. 

The south may have more overt racism, but the north isn't immune.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308

I live in a rural city for 12 years now. The explosion of houses and trucks that fly the confederate flag have proliferated. Now these are mostly in the backroads—you won't go into a development and see confed flags. But still it wasn't something you saw at all before 2016. People have become more comfortable showing their racism since 2016.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I live in a rural city for 12 years now. The explosion of houses and trucks that fly the confederate flag have proliferated. Now these are mostly in the backroads—you won't go into a development and see confed flags. But still it wasn't something you saw at all before 2016. People have become more comfortable showing their racism since 2016.

Also- This "BLM is violence and hate speech" BS is absolutely a transparent ploy to express racism from a pretend position of victimhood. SO tired of people who have had the political/societal upper hand for the entire life of this country acting like they're victims of something. 

There have been obvious issues with police on people of color for decades (at least) and now that a movement like BLM has come about, the MAGA party has once again found a way to make this something they are "victims" of and it's disgusting.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://triad-city-beat.com/editors-notebook-racism-at-the-root/?fbclid=IwAR1IptY1o74ISK9DtZpunVUYuQyQ3gzNzgcXW-hxEH64_wZJIsEqlvlzfUY

You people on the damn left, you’re making one big mistake about Donald Trump and his voter base. We are deplorable just like Hillary calls us…. We are deplorables; we’re bitter clingers. We’re all that **** you call us, and we’re worse than that, actually. We’re racist…. 

• 3 weeks later...

4 witnesses describe White Michigan man yelling racial slurs, attacking Black teen with chain bike lock

MONROE, Mich. – Federal officials have revealed four different witness perspectives in the case of a White Monroe County man who is accused of yelling racial slurs and attacking a Black teenager with a chain bike lock.

Lee James Mouat Jr., 42, of Newport, is accused of attacking Devin Freelon -- an 18-year-old senior at Orchard Center High School at the time -- on June 6 in the parking of lot of Sterling State Park in Monroe.

Mouat was arraigned June 9 on charges of ethnic intimidation, assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder and assault with a dangerous weapon.

Business owner under fire for controversial sign accused of promoting racism

A sign outside of an Ohio business is generating controversy.

Some say it's offensive, while the business owner says that was not his intention.

“My sign states. 'White lives matter, who else will pay for welfare?' That is a question, not a statement. It doesn't have a question mark at the end because I don't have one to put there,” said Mike of Mike’s Tires.

EkzAAyIW0AApSdX?format=jpg&name=large

However, the president of the Belmont County chapter of the NAACP says the sign should be taken down as it promotes false information.

“We actually all pay for welfare recipients to receive their benefits,” said Belmont County NAACP President Jerry Moore. “When you just take facts out of thin air and put them on a billboard and call them facts, when they are your opinions, that becomes a problem."

The business owner says the message is a freedom of speech and he believes the community is blowing it out of proportion.

“If you want to call it racist, you have that right, but I also have the right to put out on my sign, in my yard, what I want,” said Mike. “I'm not a racist person, I have black customers, black people deliver tires to me, I have nothing against them."

• Like 1

Wotta dumbass................one of the few encouraging things that has happened throughout this rolling nightmare is the way that the trogs just can't help but out themselves. Every single one has the irresistable urge to scream their pathology at anyone within earshot.

We see you

We will remember

**** politics, talk $$$$$, don't fund the morlocks, shop elsewhere and ask your suppliers straight out where they stand. At this point anyone not willing to make a statement of decency and humanity is IMO just one of them that doesn't have the guts to say it out loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/21/2020 at 3:56 AM, Elessar78 said:

The "polite" version of the confederate flag, IMO, are those stupid thin blue line flags. Which, by definition, is disrespecting the flag of the United States. A visual dog whistle if there ever was one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The White Extremist Group Patriot Front Is Preparing For A World After Donald Trump

“What are your beliefs that led you to join the org?” —Vincent KY

“At the core of my position are these principles: The categorical rejection of the notion of equality. The categorical rejection of universal democracy. Explicit In-Group preference.” —Logan TN

“In short: I cannot stand by idly while my people fall into despair, degeneracy, and ethnic replacement.” —Anthony IL

“I feel like jews immigrants and mustims are a malicious threat to the united States and it’s economy that’s why the people are in current state of civil unrest these n!##3π’$ are causing them selves to be shot by the police and Making the split even bigger I feel as if there’s going to be a huge race war and us whites will come out on top."...How do you feel about this statement?” —Vincent KY

😬” —Arthur TX

Those are just some of the hundreds of messages exchanged by the members of Patriot Front, a 3-year-old white supremacist organization that has grown into one of the most active hate groups in the United States. The messages reveal a sophisticated network of extremists who are training for violence.

The men, who believe the United States is a nation that belongs only to white people, wear uniforms made up of bomber jackets, face coverings, and beige khakis, mandate weight loss and intense workouts, and regularly practice hand-to-hand combat. Some openly call themselves “supremacist” and revere Hitler and Mussolini.

BuzzFeed News has received a cache of hundreds of messages exchanged by Patriot Front members on Rocket.Chat, an encrypted group messaging app. In logs of the chats, all from this year, around 280 members of the group discuss grandiose goals — creating a white ethnostate from the existing United States. The group wants to expel immigrants, people of color, and Jews, remaking the fabric of America.

[...]Yet for its part, Patriot Front couldn't care less about the results of the upcoming election.

“It does not matter what people personally believe about it,” wrote the organization’s leader, Thomas Rousseau, who did not respond to a request for comment, in one of the chats. “Casting a ballot is a submissive gesture to legitimize tyranny. It is fundamentally amoral. It is done as an insult to the nation’s cause and the organization.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/patriot-front-preparing-after-trump?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

I saw a truck the other day with a guy's business's name on the side and on the tailgate was all the reason why Democrats are evil. He also had three flags sticking up in the back, US, Trump and something else (maybe a rebel flag). Why would you do that? Why would you put people off on your business just to display your stupid political beliefs? Has anyone else noticed that it seems like only Trump supporters do that? I'm not saying that no liberals do that, but I haven't seen one and it clearly isn't as prevalent.

13 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I saw a truck the other day with a guy's business's name on the side and on the tailgate was all the reason why Democrats are evil. He also had three flags sticking up in the back, US, Trump and something else (maybe a rebel flag). Why would you do that? Why would you put people off on your business just to display your stupid political beliefs? Has anyone else noticed that it seems like only Trump supporters do that? I'm not saying that no liberals do that, but I haven't seen one and it clearly isn't as prevalent.

I don't call them cultists just to be a jerk, thus **** is more than the usual political rivalries. They are treating it like sports now which is not good.

No red hat zombies in the picture below.

1028063-B.jpg

Edited by spjunkies
12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I don't call them cultists just to be a jerk, thus **** is more than the usual political rivalries. They are treating it like sports now which is not good.

No red hat zombies in the picture below. 

uzMQJE7go9eETXYKQF6y-dy92Ej_Z1zq027je934

I think we're going to have to have a complete and deep study of these people to see what the hell is wrong with them.

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Simmsy said:

They don't care about losing business I suppose.

I had a home inspector come to a house I was about to buy.  The first thing he does is remove his mask because he thinks it's a hoax.  Uhh, okay.  Then for the entirety of 2 hours he is inspecting my house, he is complaining about all sorts of bad things liberal.  Did you know that BLM was trying to change the words "master bedroom"?

I paid the guy.  I had to buy the house. Didn't want any arguments.  So I just nodded and listened.