Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

3 minutes ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

With that being said; Skins need a Damn good O line to protect Haskins

The thought of him behind our current interior O-Line is scary. He's going to get killed. Has to sit in year 1 but absolutely zero chance he does with Snyder about lets be honest. This has disaster written all over it. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It doesn't bother you at all that Jay straight up said Haskins wasn't a guy who'd be ready year one? After he'd been saying he wants a guy who can contribute immediately? This seems like a Dan/Bruce forced pick. I don't like that at all. It has never worked out well in the past.

90% chance they pressure Gruden to start Haskins immediately. Haskins is simply not ready.

Hell no I'm not bothered by the lies Jay was feeding the media during lying season.  QB's aren't picked for one year windows.  That was always an absurd take, and I am a little surprised so many people bought it.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hell no I'm not bothered by the lies Jay was feeding the media during lying season.  QB's aren't picked for one year windows.  That was always an absurd take, and I am a little surprised so many people bought it.

Wait, so you're saying that Jay intentionally went up there and lied his ass off when asked about his opinion on Haskins to throw off the scent or something? That's nuts.

We have him saying it, we have multiple insiders saying he's not high on Haskins but Dan and Bruce are. But you believe some conspiracy theory instead?

I think Jay is now saddled with a QB he didn't really want. And that never works out. 

I’m laughing out loud at some of this reaction. I get apprehension with the pick. I get not trusting our FO... but it’s tough to argue the guy who was likely the #2 QB in the draft (at worst #3) being drafted at #15 with no collateral given up.

there were guys I liked more. But I’m not going to sit here and say taking Haskins is horrible.

as far as Gruden goes... he either finds success this year or he’s gone anyways. You can’t hinge your draft on a guy with his ass on fire.

These people who keep trying to play the turmoil angle with DC... please.. not falling for it. This organization is in the middle of a party right now. To get arguably the best qb in the draft at 15, who happens to be from the area, and friends with the ownership, and wanted to be in DC, without moving any pieces is arguably one of the best moves this franchise has made in the past 2 decades. It allows us to be able to make moves to surround him with talent, and reinforce our strengths. Im blown away.

Add DK or Campbell and Savage, and we have one of the best drafts in the history of the franchise.

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

The thought of him behind our current interior O-Line is scary. He's going to get killed. Has to sit in year 1 but absolutely zero chance he does with Snyder about lets be honest. This has disaster written all over it. 

Yeah Morrison J. I do not doubt the talent of Haskins. But the kid is a project. Skins have many holes to fill on Offense . Need O line a viable TE and some Receivers. Do I smell a Rehab on the offense, for the next2 years

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, so you're saying that Jay intentionally went up there and lied his ass off when asked about his opinion on Haskins to throw off the scent or something? That's nuts.

We have him saying it, we have multiple insiders saying he's not high on Haskins but Dan and Bruce are. But you believe some conspiracy theory instead? 

I think Jay is now saddled with a QB he didn't really want. And that never works out.  

I think putting so much stock in media gossip during lying season is crazy.  I think believing that a coach will actually publicly tell the truth about a player we now know for sure the team was trying to draft is crazy.  I think believing that a coach would pass over a QB prospect because he probably won't win for you in year one is crazy.

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

These people who keep trying to play the turmoil angle with DC... please.. not falling for it. This organization is in the middle of a party right now. To get arguably the best qb in the draft at 15, who happens to be from the area, and friends with the ownership, and wanted to be in DC, without moving any pieces is arguably one of the best moves this franchise has made in the past 2 decades. It allows us to be able to make moves to surround him with talent, and reinforce our strengths. Im blown away.

Add DK or Campbell and Savage, and we have one of the best drafts in the history of the franchise.

I don't think many people had him as the best QB in the draft at all. 

I'm just glad we didn't trade up for him. We finally could have had a stud pass rusher in Burns but oh well. Hopefully Haskins will show enough promise to bring a good HC here in 2020.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO you'd hope to take Parris Campbell.   Haskins lives off of those shallow in route crosses-mesh concepts.  Campbell his good chemistry with Haskins on that front and can create serious YAC. 

I like the idea of having an athletic mismatch like DK, Harry, or Whiteside, as I think you can find speedsters that Haskins can make better. But I would be happy with landing Campbell in the 2nd for sure.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

These people who keep trying to play the turmoil angle with DC... please.. not falling for it. This organization is in the middle of a party right now. To get arguably the best qb in the draft at 15, who happens to be from the area, and friends with the ownership, and wanted to be in DC, without moving any pieces is arguably one of the best moves this franchise has made in the past decade. It allows us to be able to make moves to surround him with talent, and reinforce our strengths. Im blown away.

I agree, most people just don’t understand that Haskins 

wanted to be in Dc 

He is in Gaithersburg now!

A skins fan 

He is home, which improves his stock greatly! 

wow....did today go his way, he must be on cloud 9. 

You guys don’t think that some of the Jones stuff was a smokescreen to get the Giants to take him at 6? I sure as hell do. Not 100% behind the Haskins pick but certainly not mad about it. But the Skins played the lying season game and it paid off with a Giant blunder

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I'm 100% down with you man.  But for me, that guy I want to get to support Haskins is David Montgomery.  If we come away with him too, I will die happy.

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't think many people had him as the best QB in the draft at all. 

I'm just glad we didn't trade up for him. We finally could have had a stud pass rusher in Burns but oh well. Hopefully Haskins will show enough promise to bring a good HC here in 2020.

No one did. But imo, he's better than Murray and is more likely to survive the rigors of the NFL than Murray. He's a qb- through and through.

So now people want the HC to be picking players based on if they can contribute day one...instead of players getting picked with the long view of the team in mind?

Just because they didn’t pick the guy you wanted (or picked a guy you don’t like) don’t start taking stupid pills now. 

Jay is trying to to save his job...hell no I don’t want him making decisions about the future of this team. 

Archived