• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.
stevemcqueen1

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

From Brewer's article that just twist my stomach over the Haskins pick:

Haskins is talented, but he's a terrible fit here, another square peg wedged into a round hole becuase of a familial tie--let's be honest if he didn't play with Snyder's son, would there be this much demand for him? 

He requires patience and coaching. Not sure which we have less of.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/04/26/redskins-selection-dwayne-haskins-deserves-pat-back-healthy-dose-skepticism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6497ef6d36f4

I think Brewer is a hater, plain and simple. Too much negativity in his article.

Don't think Haskins is a bad fit here. He was arguably the best QB in the draft. Think some are mislead on the Snyder's son/Haskins connection. Don't think they played together.  Thought they just went to the same school at different times. I'll have to double check that. 

I wanted O-line, but can't be mad at getting the top QB IMO. Now, we need to get him some weapons and some O-Lne protection. 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Fully agree with you on the safeties (love Adderly) and CB's but must ask, why is Ya Sin so low? I think I would have them Murphy, Love Ya Sin, Long and Wiliams equal.

I’d add Layne and Oruwariye in the mix there, though I’d have to back and watch all these guys if I were looking at fit for the ‘Skins.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I liked him a lot pre-combine. He'll need to be a bit of a black swan, in that Keenan Allen/Anquan Boldin mold, and I'm terrified of him at a discount, as I was of Brown at a premium. If Harmon is there at 96 or round 4, he'd be worth it. My concern is nothing sticks out in the profile. The one and only thing I like is that he produced all 3 seasons, he put up a solid freshman year, he improved as a sophmore and produced a legit season, and then put together his best breakout performance as a 21 year old sophmore. As such he's interesting. How'd he do it? Physicality. How'd he do it without quetzalcoatl wings/arms? there reasonably long, but not overly so. Maybe he just did it with "want it" more than the other guy. Which makes him very interesting indeed. 

From my observation the dude plays with ferocity especially as to contested catches.  His style reminds me a lot of Harry.   But he also gets open.   I saw one draft geek type say he struggles to separate but I don't see that.  He's open a lot.  How does he do it?  That's hard to see without having coaches tape.  I'd guess he's good at how he stems his routes but he finds a way.  Somehow with his pedestrian speed he also gets open deep.    He was one of the more fun guys to watch at receiver.  I've probably watched give or take 18 receivers now.  And I was surprised he was fun to watch. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

43 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Yikes... bad news for KC regarding Tyreek Hill.  The child abuse case was reopened by investigators. He's been suspended indefinitely by the team.

Good. Football has no meaning at all when someone is beating up a child. The recording was disgusting and disturbing to say the least.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good. Football has no meaning at all when someone is beating up a child. The recording was disgusting and disturbing to say the least.

Hes done, he wont find work in the NFL. If the Skins even consider him, I'll quit being a fan until this regime is gone. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was hoping a good CB would fall to us. Not looking as likely now. Amani Oruwariye would be my favourite out of whats left. 

Jachai Polite is still there. Man, I think he’s tough to pass on. But they probably will. I’m not sure what direction they’re going to go in.

Part of me wants the skins to package a third and a fifth to get back in the second. 

.... We could have had DK Metcalf at 46 if we'd stayed put.  I have high hopes for Montez Sweat, but that stings a little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

.... We could have had DK Metcalf at 46 if we'd stayed put.  I have high hopes for Montez Sweat, but that stings a little.

Love Metcalf but theres enough value at WR that I wouldn't lose sleep. The talent at edge rusher hit a bit of a cliff after Sweat imo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Love Metcalf but theres enough value at WR that I wouldn't lose sleep. The talent at edge rusher hit a bit of a cliff after Sweat imo.

Was no way to know that DK would still be there at 46 either.  This has been a very strange WR class.  It's like the hose is kinked up because everyone thinks they can wait another round to get someone.

• Like 1

Stunned that Deebo is the only WR taken.  Titans, Philly, Rams, and Colts could all take WRs.  

52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

When do we approach the threshold of comfort in trading up for one of these good receivers?

I'd say where the cost would be our second 5th and 6th round pick. So the around the beginning of the 3rd round maybe...

Posted (edited)

Drew Sample one of my guys goes in the 2nd round.  wow.  I like him.  Best blocker IMO who has some ability to catch aside from Hockenson but the 2nd I think is a reach

Eagles want to add speed or so I keep hearing wonder if DK is their guy now

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

So a 2020 1st and our late 3rd for Houston’s 2nd and 2020 2nd to pick up DK? Would you pull that kind of trigger? He’s not falling past KC

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

So a 2020 1st and our late 3rd for Houston’s 2nd and 2020 2nd to pick up DK? Would you pull that kind of trigger? He’s not falling past KC

Heck no!

Next year's WR class is LOADED.  

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Heck no!

Next year's WR class is LOADED.  

Man, you are right. Judge Judy! 

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

What are you smoking? I'd never give up a 1st to move up 20 slots in the 3rd round.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Man, you are right. Judge Judy! 

Ruggs, Wallace, Lamb, Higgins, and Shenault.