• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   

My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  

Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  

Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 

The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  

The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 

1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.

Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  

Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?

2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 

3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 

I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 

Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 

TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 

The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 

End of Game.

Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:

1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

stevemcqueen1

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sternberger has been one of the man crushes in the third round range for a long time.   As for the level of talent, I thought pass rusher was the main missing component on defense so love the Sweat move.

My beef is the offensive side of the ball.  And as I've been saying my mind can change on that front after the draft.  At the moment, I think the passing game set up stinks.   But lets say they have some surprise drop and get Deebo in the third along with Sternberger -- then my mind would change. 

As for Haskins, there are aspects I like about him and aspects I don't.   He definitely wasn't my guy and didn't like the pick.  But, I'll let it ride and see what happens but I doubt he's a factor this season.  I am presuming he kicks in mostly next year.  But you never know.

It's a weird set up both tonight and tomorrow where we sit out a full round and then kick in with 2 picks.  So tough to tell what happens.  

As for receiver

Tier 1 for me (as to guys that are left

Hakeem Butler

Deebo Samuel

AJ Brown

DK Metcalf

Parris Campbell

Arcega-Whiteside

Tier 2

Andy Isabella

Kelvin Harmon (he's the last major receiver I haven't watched I'll try to get to him before tonight)

Miles Boykin

Emmanuel Hall

Terry McClaurin

Riley Ridley

There are some 5th-7th round types I like but don't love

Stanley Morgan

Darius Slayton

Gary Jennings

Diontae Thompson

Keesean Johnson

Davis Sills

Demarkus Lodge

I have strong opinions on some of them but not all.   But IMO there is a big drop off from tier 1 and tier 2.  Maybe Isabella would be tops in the tier 2 but I am gathering they are looking for a bigger X type receivers based on Doug's description.   Not that all these receivers I mention are X types but wonder if they think Isabella is too small in the context of what they already have. 

How do you rank the OG's, SIP?  TIA. :)

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Hence the question if case has any trade value tonight.

That’s a good question. CK is cheap-ish but at this stage in the pre-season I would imagine he’d be considered a back-up only and likely has little draft trade value. 

Maybe a better idea is to hold him and wait for a starting QB to get injured. We could likely get something like a 4th rounder. Just speculation. 

5 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

That’s a good question. CK is cheap-ish but at this stage in the pre-season I would imagine he’d be considered a back-up only and likely has little draft trade value. 

Maybe a better idea is to hold him and wait for a starting QB to get injured. We could likely get something like a 4th rounder. Just speculation. 

I'd rather hold onto Case. We have NO idea how Haskins is gonna do in the NFL and i don't see the need to rush him into the starting job if he's not ready. 

Keenum is starting and will likely start 50-75% of next year. We need to avoid tossing Dwayne in there until he’s ready. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Miles Boykin is going to be a stud in NFL, He is going to be a steal in this draft! 6-4 220LBS, 4.42 40,  43 VERT, BJ 140, 3CONE 6.77, 20YD SHUTTLE 4.07 

Maybe people are sleeping on him because ND stunk in the passing game.. 

Edited by hailmary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can we turn in a card for our 7th rounder that says "Goodell is a Dick?" and maybe have some 12 yr old local punt, pass, and kick champion read it?  That would just make my Saturday :)

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Keenum is starting and will likely start 50-75% of next year. We need to avoid tossing Dwayne in there until he’s ready. 

I surely would assume this to be correct. I don't mind Case at all. I could see Gruden push his boy Colt to start. Hard to see them keep Colt with all the QB hits on the cap but they  may need to carry 3.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny you ask.  I was just thinking about that.

I doubt Irv Smith lasts but maybe his mediocre combine has him fall.  if so I'd take him in a heartbeat.

As I've documented here, I got a massive man crush on Jace Sternberger. 

I like Dawson Knox.  Maybe Kahle Warring albeit he's a bit raw. 

I like Drew Sample - if you want a blocker, that's the dude IMO.

I got my fingers crossed that there isn't a run on TEs.  I think WR will go fast.  I am braced for no Deebo, Butler, Campbell.

I am guessing my top receiver in the third round might be Whiteside.  I suspect he might still be there. 

Lol, we disagree about everything. I have a 7th grade mean girls attitude about Sternberger. "Why were you so useless until 2018 Mr. Sternberger?" He's another case of a transfer, so it's again, not one of those Hakeem Butler What the <expletive> happened until your senior year? scenarios. it looks like he may have red shirted as a freshman, then was used not at all in 2016, then he decided to leave for Texas A&M, and sat out a year before blowing up. I just don't like to draft anybody with a late breakout age until day 3 if I can avoid it, but at least with Jace, it's a weird situation, a mystery, rather than just zero production for three years. 

All this being said, I still prefer Warring. He's got everything I want. The nice athletic profile (80something percentile everything except agility which is still sitting at a nice 67th), the solid dominator sitting in the 60's, and the breakout age (he broke out as a 20 year old, not 22 like Jace). I just flat out like his profile better and the fact that he can block okay is a nice plus too, not a Fant situation (though I like Fant plenty). 

I want Warring. Simple as that. I'm smart enough to know not to fixate on particular drafts. After 30+ years of watching, you rarely get exactly who you were salivating over, and if we aren't look at Warring, I'm hoping we go with one of the lineman I like, and a WR if one falls, or a DB, seems like plenty of both of interest. 

• Like 2

I just quickly watched some Kevin Harmon.  And I get if anyone looks up his 40 time and does that alone might not love the player.  But the dude is a fun watch.  He played X and Z.  He's a physical dude.  And knows how to get open in spite of not having blazing speed.   Tall and 220 plus pounds and physical.  He IMO is the closest thing stylistically to N'Keal Harry.  He's a feisty YAC guy, blocks well, makes contested catches.  He's not the athletic freak for his size that Harry is so I'd prefer Harry but Harmon has a similar style.  Harmon does one thing IMO better than Harry and that is getting open. 

I like Harmon actually better than Arcega-Whiteside.  Their metrics are similar except for the 40 yard dash.  Their 10 is close to the same.  Ditto BJ, Vertical.  And if the article I read is right that Whiteside did only 3 bench presses then Harmon is stronger on that front with 18 presses. 

And I do like Whiteside still.  I just looked at Brugler's draft guide and he has Harmon as the 6th best Wr in the draft.  I wouldn't go that far myself but I like him as one of the third tier types maybe late third round

Watching Boykin recently and Harmon -- I'd take Harmon of the two.  Yeah Boykin can run and is an athletic freak and Harmon isn't.  But if you have a ball in the air and its man versus man -- I am betting on Harmon to catch it not Boykin.  Harmon seems to get open more than Boykin, too.   Our own Robert Davis is an athletic freak for a WR but it doesn't obviously translate to being an NFL stud.   Michael Thomas has a 40 time similar to Harmon.  i am not saying Harmon is some superstar.  I don't think he is that.  But among the 3rd tier guys after (Butler, Samuel, Metcalf, Campbell, AJ Brown) I like him in that next tier.   I wouldn't hate him as a pick if the other receivers I prefer are off the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Butler, Deebo, Aj Brown.   Heck maybe even Metcalf.  One can dream.  But I think they will be gone. 

It seems silly. Yes, one can dream, but I just can't imagine Butler being there, or Metcalf, or Brown, Deebo I'd put as a maybe but at below 40-45% chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sternberger has been one of the man crushes in the third round range for a long time.   As for the level of talent, I thought pass rusher was the main missing component on defense so love the Sweat move.

My beef is the offensive side of the ball.  And as I've been saying my mind can change on that front after the draft.  At the moment, I think the passing game set up stinks.   But lets say they have some surprise drop and get Deebo in the third along with Sternberger -- then my mind would change. 

Both of these guys could easily go in the second round but they would be great additions, two favorite of mine. Most of the other TE's are either basically receivers or blockers. Stern has game even though not a ton of experience. Deebo has more of a chance to drop. I am also hoping McGovern or Samia drop. I think they go offense with both 3rd rounders. 

21 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

i dont know about that man. Gruden's job is on the line. He is going to play the best player at QB on the team. And I will be shocked if that isnt Haskins during camp. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just quickly watched some Kevin Harmon.  And I get if anyone looks up his 40 time and does that alone might not love the player.  But the dude is a fun watch.  He played X and Z.  He's a physical dude.  And knows how to get open in spite of not having blazing speed.   Tall and 220 plus pounds and physical.  He IMO is the closest thing stylistically to N'Keal Harry.  He's a feisty YAC guy, blocks well, makes contested catches.  He's not the athletic freak for his size that Harry is so I'd prefer Harry but Harmon has a similar style.  Harmon does one thing IMO better than Harry and that is getting open. 

I like Harmon actually better than Arcega-Whiteside.  Their metrics are similar except for the 40 yard dash.  Their 10 is close to the same.  Ditto BJ, Vertical.  And if the article I read is right that Whiteside did only 3 bench presses then Harmon is stronger on that front with 18 presses. 

And I do like Whiteside still.  I just looked at Brugler's draft guide and he has Harmon as the 6th best Wr in the draft.  I wouldn't go that far myself but I like him as one of the third tier types maybe late third round

Watching Boykin recently and Harmon -- I'd take Harmon of the two.  Yeah Boykin can run and is an athletic freak and Harmon isn't.  But if you have a ball in the air and its man versus man -- I am betting on Harmon to catch it not Boykin.  Harmon seems to get open more than Boykin, too.   Our own Robert Davis is an athletic freak for a WR but it doesn't obviously translate to being an NFL stud.   Michael Thomas has a 40 time similar to Harmon.  i am not saying Harmon is some superstar.  I don't think he is that.  But among the 3rd tier guys after (Butler, Samuel, Metcalf, Campbell, AJ Brown) I like him in that next tier.   I wouldn't hate him as a pick if the other receivers I prefer are off the board.

I liked him a lot pre-combine. He'll need to be a bit of a black swan, in that Keenan Allen/Anquan Boldin mold, and I'm terrified of him at a discount, as I was of Brown at a premium. If Harmon is there at 96 or round 4, he'd be worth it. My concern is nothing sticks out in the profile. The one and only thing I like is that he produced all 3 seasons, he put up a solid freshman year, he improved as a sophmore and produced a legit season, and then put together his best breakout performance as a 21 year old sophmore. As such he's interesting. How'd he do it? Physicality. How'd he do it without quetzalcoatl wings/arms? there reasonably long, but not overly so. Maybe he just did it with "want it" more than the other guy. Which makes him very interesting indeed. 

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

I liked him a lot pre-combine. He'll need to be a bit of a black swan, in that Keenan Allen/Anquan Boldin mold, and I'm terrified of him at a discount, as I was of Brown at a premium. If Harmon is there at 96 or round 4, he'd be worth it. My concern is nothing sticks out in the profile. The one and only thing I like is that he produced all 3 seasons, he put up a solid freshman year, he improved as a sophmore and produced a legit season, and then put together his best breakout performance as a 21 year old sophmore. As such he's interesting. How'd he do it? Physicality. How'd he do it without quetzalcoatl wings/arms? there reasonably long, but not overly so. Maybe he just did it with "want it" more than the other guy. Which makes him very interesting indeed. 

Could he be this year's Keenan Allen (who slipped due to bad testing numbers)?

I like Harmon, but if we are comparing him and Whiteside, it’s not close. Whiteside brings elite red zone efficiency, superior catch radius, and plays with a mean streak in the same vein that Michael Thomas does. He’s a can’t miss for a team with an accurate qb. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Montgomery did that too a lot of guys.  I think he led the country in broken tackles this season.  Absolute animal in short leverage and goal to go situations.  Montgomery would be a litmus test BPA pick.  It's the kind of pick that would demonstrate true vision IMO.  I would be so impressed after a draft where we got both Haskins and him that I would want to drive up to Ashburn just to shake Allen's hand.

But I think he's going to go in the second round.

Im on the road and you have too many posts I want to respond to. I loved and agreed with the post about CB needs and which scheme would fit us/our personnel. 

Regarding Montgomery, I don’t at all view our RB situation as a safe bet. Peterson is old. Thompson is never healthy. Guide was coming off a down college season, attributed to an injury, and then tore his ACL. We just saw how those ACL injuries can creep back up on a RB when the Rams couldn’t feed Gurley in the SB. Minus that injury, they might have won it all.  So, just to be clear, I’m not saying that i think we are set at RB. I’m saying my impression is that the FO will believe we are set at RB. It’s like they don’t believe in injuries. See no evil, hear no evil. I would have traded Reed and Thompson for conditional picks by now. 

• Like 2

My Day 2 Wish List:

WR Wish List:

Tier 1:
1.Brown: My #1 WR in the class
2. Butler: Go back and forth with the ordering of him Isabella and Metcalf
3. Isabella: Production and combine #'s say he should be the 3rd WR off the board.
3b.Metcalf: It's a bet on his ability to develop and stay healthy.

Tier 2:
The tier breaks off there for me because I view the next grouping as a mix of guys I think should be solid to + options, and bets on upside w/o having the college production you want.
4.Jaws: We get what we thought w/Doctson w/this pick, though not quite as athletic.
5.Samuel: Betting on his solid athleticism and #1 tackle breaker in the class quality.
6.Boykin: Betting on him developing now that he's away from Notre Dame QB's.
7.P. Campbell: A Curtis Samuel type that lacks his chops?
8.K. Harmon: At this point, you've got to either bet on guys that have little production and a solid combine, or good production and an awful combine. I'll take Harmon's Solid production, and barely acceptable speed score above the rest of the options.

At this stage I have the hardest time deciding how to order these guys, in some ways Harmon may be the most accomplished of them, but making the jump w/his athletic profile is very difficult. Jaws is probably unfairly ranked way ahead of him when he only did the pro day where his forty time, when it receives the .05 deduction, is right around Harmon's. Samuel is a bit scary and unorthodox, but also exciting w/his tackle breaking skill and above average athleticism. Boykin is a bet on a development program. Campbell just flat out scares me. Freak athlete but again a huge development project. These are the best of the options available.

OL Wish List:

😄
1.McCoy: Best center left
2.Jenkins: Interesting guy who PFF loved.

G:
1.C. Ford: Like
2. N. Davis: Like
3. Samia: Love his attitude
4. Not sure how I feel about McGovern and Jordan.  I'm leery of Jordan, and not sure how I feel about McGovern.

OT: 
1. J. Taylor: No chance he makes it to us.
2. D. Risner: No chance.
3. Scharping: I love the plaudits he received from opponents, you don't get those typically unless you're damn good.
4. Little

DB Wish List:

CB: 
1.B. Murphy: Not gonna make it to us.
2. G. Williams: Like him.
3. J. Love: really, really like him.
4. Long: Really, really like him
These latter two I'm not sure how I feel about.
5. Ya Sin
6. Bunting

Safeties:
1. Thornhill
2. Adderly
3. Gardner-Johnson
4. Rapp

5. Hooker

I love Thornhill and Adderly, Gardner Johnson, Rapp and Hooker are all guys that are a significant step lower for me. 

Posted (edited)

Yikes... bad news for KC regarding Tyreek Hill.  The child abuse case was reopened by investigators. He's been suspended indefinitely by the team.

Edited by Rex Tomb

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

i dont know about that man. Gruden's job is on the line. He is going to play the best player at QB on the team. And I will be shocked if that isnt Haskins during camp. 

Jay’s job just got a 3 year extension. He’s liked by the players. Management allowed him to release Swearinger when he stepped out of line. He has control of the locker room, takes any heat off the management in front of the cameras without question, has a qb of the future, an elite defensive line, and 2 years to build around Haskins. He’s going nowhere. 

Jay Gruden is the Brett Brown of the NFL. His job is secure. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 3

I see mention of OG Nate Davis as solid pick in 3rd round for us. Looked up his Bio, from Ashburn so thats cool. 

Then looked up his draft profile on nfl.com.  His NFL comp is Lavauo.  I’m scurred.  Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, RabidFan said:

I see mention of OG Nate Davis as solid pick in 3rd round for us. Looked up his Bio, from Ashburn so thats cool. 

Then looked up his draft profile on nfl.com.  His NFL comp is Lavauo.  I’m scurred.  Lol

Hell to the no

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Lol, we disagree about everything. I have a 7th grade mean girls attitude about Sternberger. "Why were you so useless until 2018 Mr. Sternberger?" He's another case of a transfer, so it's again, not one of those Hakeem Butler What the <expletive> happened until your senior year? scenarios. it looks like he may have red shirted as a freshman, then was used not at all in 2016, then he decided to leave for Texas A&M, and sat out a year before blowing up. I just don't like to draft anybody with a late breakout age until day 3 if I can avoid it, but at least with Jace, it's a weird situation, a mystery, rather than just zero production for three years. 

All this being said, I still prefer Warring. He's got everything I want. The nice athletic profile (80something percentile everything except agility which is still sitting at a nice 67th), the solid dominator sitting in the 60's, and the breakout age (he broke out as a 20 year old, not 22 like Jace). I just flat out like his profile better and the fact that he can block okay is a nice plus too, not a Fant situation (though I like Fant plenty). 

I want Warring. Simple as that. I'm smart enough to know not to fixate on particular drafts. After 30+ years of watching, you rarely get exactly who you were salivating over, and if we aren't look at Warring, I'm hoping we go with one of the lineman I like, and a WR if one falls, or a DB, seems like plenty of both of interest. 

I don't think we've actually disagreed on that many players but the disagreements are loud and colorful so it might feel that way to you.   So if we are disagreeing about everything, I am presuming you don't like Deebo Samuel, Aj Brown and I can list others this round?  😀

Eric Decosta who some think is one of the brightest personnel guys in the business would be insane based on your definition to take Marquise Brown among other things.  😀 So I am not the only crazy one out there by your definition.  😀  

As I told you I was a teacher's assistant in stats.  Heck I used to be a baseball freak and obsessed with stats.  I can look up any dude's combine numbers and production numbers and what happened and at what age.  And I typically do.   Personally I think you are too fixated on the numbers and are rigid in doing so.    You think I am too dismissive of them.    

Watching Jace Sternberger who led all TE draft prospects in just about major metric or close enough last year -- and watching him pluck the ball out of the air and high point it again and again with fluidity that I typically don't see from other TEs that I watch...and notice he's feisty as heck in the open field and a fun watch where it makes all the sense in the world to me he was a YAC machine last season.    I wrote a longer report about him including showcasing clips months back but don't feel like redoing it.     I am not moved by the numbers you hang on when I factor context.   So to each their own on that front.

I actually put by the way Warring as one of my guys today and in the past.  But yeah I do like Sternberger, too.  I don't care that Warring is a slight .08 faster in the 40 than Sternberger.  Or that Sternberger had a journey to become the go to TE in his JR year after floating around with other schools the years before he became the guy after his transfer. 

If I thought Sternberger was a marginal player and I was on the fence then I'd care.  If I am dead wrong.  Hey it won't be the first time.  I am not living and dying with Sternberger but he's definitely a dude I'd consider in the mix depending on who is on the board.😉

This is Sternberger's story.

JACE STERNBERGER | Texas A&M 6040 | 251 lbs. | rJR. Kingfisher, Okla. (Kingfisher) 6/26/1996 (age 22.84) #81 BACKGROUND: A three-star tight end recruit out of high school, Jace Sternberger was a three-sport star at Kingfisher, lettering in basketball, football and track (he was also an accomplished ballroom dancer and competed throughout middle school). After starting his high school career as a quarterback, he hit a six-inch growth spurt and moved to tight end and defensive end for his final two seasons. After helping Kingfisher to the 2013 state championship, Sternberger finished his senior year with 42 receptions for 390 yards and eight touchdowns, adding 21.0 sacks on defense. He wasn’t ranked among the top-50 tight ends in the 2015 recruiting cycle and committed to Kansas (his only offer from a Power Five program) as part of David Beaty’s first recruiting class. After redshirting in 2015 and seeing little action in 2016, Sternberger elected to transfer because tight end was underutilized in the Jayhawks’ offense. He enrolled at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M for the 2017 season (teammates with Utah State running back Darwin Thompson) and posted 21 catches for 336 yards and six scores, attracting attention from FBS programs. Sternberger was leaning toward Boise State until Jimbo Fisher was hired at Texas A&M and offered him a scholarship, becoming the first commitment of the Fisher era. His mother (Jackie) was a two-time All-American basketball player at Southeastern Oklahoma State in the late 1980s; his paternal grandfather played football at Southeastern Oklahoma. After one season in College Station, Sternberger decided to skip his senior year for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I was just visiting a Giants' message board.  Funny stuff.  Since Jones was taken with the sixth pick in the draft... Pick number six... His new nickname among Giants fans may be "PickSix".  I feel bad for the guy, he is walking into a a tough situation. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

CB: 
1.B. Murphy: Not gonna make it to us.
2. G. Williams: Like him.
3. J. Love: really, really like him.
4. Long: Really, really like him
These latter two I'm not sure how I feel about.
5. Ya Sin
6. Bunting

I love Thornhill and Adderly, Gardner Johnson, Rapp and Hooker are all guys that are a significant step lower for me. 

Fully agree with you on the safeties (love Adderly) and CB's but must ask, why is Ya Sin so low? I think I would have them Murphy, Love Ya Sin, Long and Wiliams equal.