Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I love Abram. He's a steal. I would have liked him on the team, even with Landon Collins. 

Would have been a tough pill to swallow wasting one of them at deep safety, wasting both of them in cover 2 shell, or having to cut Collins after two years just to get Abrams into his proper position.

Wonder what this does to Karl Joseph though?  Abrams is better than him and they are suited to the same position too.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Perspective.

haskins, as a QB, wouldn’t be there at 26. He had to be taken at 15. Sweat, who should have been a top 10 pick, was available at 26.

im not sure anyone would have been mad if the team went Sweat at 15 and got Haskins at 26. 

Thats a good draft if you ask me.

Yeah but if you don't like Haskins at a QB why would you care about what value you got him at.  Most of the people here who don't like Haskins don't think he will be a good QB period -- it wasn't that we liked him but it was too early for him.  We could be dead wrong about him and hope we are.  But draft value isn't the driving criticism.   I get your point that if you flipped the two players then getting Haskins for two #2 picks isn't as steep but that's still not the QB we want leading this team.  Again hope we are wrong.    Like Cooley said, don't like the pick, but after it wears off tonight I'll do my best to try to sell myself on it. 😀

Love Sweat's value.  But also loved Sweat the player.  I had him tied with Burns for who my 2nd favorite possibility was at 15.  So yeah love it at 26.  

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like the value that's going to be there at corner in the second. 

I like but don't love Sweat, but the value of getting him at 26 is clear.  And unless you have a ton of faith in Jachai Polite, there is a definite cliff at edge rusher after Sweat.  This was our shot at getting a potential stud at a premium position.

This has been an amazing draft so far.  We got TREMENDOUS positional value out of the first round.

I'm agnostic about Haskins, but he was super productive, is accurate, and has a cannon. Also super smart and a high character guy. I agree with the comp of Jameis Winston if Jameis wasn't a sociopath. Haskins is great value at 15. And, if he was a cleaner prospect, he wouldn't be available at 15. 

I like but don't love Sweat as well. But, I still think he would have been fair value anywhere from pick 12-15. He certainly doesn't play to his 40 time, but he has athletic tools and was productive. 

I love the idea of CB. There is a ton of value left on the board. Maybe it's smart to let the draft come to us, but I wouldn't mind packaging those 2 3rd rounders to come back up for Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, AJ Brown, or the top remaining interior OL or OT. That would be  aton of talent added in one draft. 

9 minutes ago, httrMP said:

Would have preferred the two 2nds. Here's hoping Sweat is worth it.

Huh?????

you got a first instead of a 2nd so that’s a plus

you gave a low 2nd I guess around 24...

next year to get the one....

for or a player that shoulda went around 10 or better....over some bullxxxx med’ report

steal

My only issue with this move is that we still need line help and don’t pick again for a while. We pretty much have to address the o-line tomorrow and can’t just draft the best player with our 2 3rd round picks. Offensive line just became even more of a glaring need. We may have to draft that position multiple times over the next few rounds just to get back to reasonable. Plus we still need db’s, wr’s, a te, a safety, an ilb. Do we have 8 picks left?

3 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I like the trade too but 24th?  The 8th best team in the NFL next year?   If so we should all go to Vegas and win some money because they are giving some crazy odds -- depending on the outfit that we are anywhere from dead last to top 5 worst in the last odds makings I've seen. 

Have to remind you all this is a 2 year build. We already traded next years 2nd. No reason to trade up here. Just take the rest of this draft and next years draft to fill out the roster and we are set. I wish we wouldnt have sent our 2nd, and sent our 3rd of this draft instead. But I cant complain with the value. I could have accepted Sweat as good value at 15. But at 26? Awesome. Haskins at 15? Awesome.

3 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Huh?????

you got a first instead of a 2nd so that’s a plus

for or a player that shoulda went around 10 or better....over some bullxxxx med’ report

steal

If it is a bull med report. But if it's this training staff that says he's healthy... 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like the trade too but 24th?  The 8th best team in the NFL next year?   If so we should all go to Vegas and win some money because they are giving some crazy odds -- depending on the outfit that we are anywhere from dead last to top 5 worst in the last odds makings I've seen. 

2nd round of the playoffs this season yes, you want to give me fat odds, I’ll take the bet....this team is a sleeper. They went 6-3 before the injury bug hit us. 

Just now, Skinarchy said:

2nd round of the playoffs this season yes, you want to give me fat odds, I’ll take the bet....this team is a sleeper. They went 6-3 before the injury bug hit us. 

Wow.  Wish I had that optimism.   Maybe after they get through the third round. 😀

This front seven minus mason is just ridiculous.We are building something special up front.Poor Jones, Dak and Carson we are going to kill them.We finally have an identity with these guys.They are just going to beat the crap out of people.I love it.

Not sure which stooge out face-raked the other, but kudos to the stooge or stooges that decided on Sweat. We stole him at 26. Williams probably gave Snyder the ol’ double eye poke and then slapped Allen and kicked him in the pants. Lol. It was a nice pick by whichever stooge made it happen.

Archived