stevemcqueen1

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Haskins threw for 4,831 yards, 50 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2018, while Jones threw for 2,674, 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions during the same season.

7 minutes ago, kwitt said:

I don't love the idea of trading up for anyone.  This team has no business giving up draft capital for it's long long list of needs. 

When Tyreek Hill is out of the NFL next year, Marquise Brown will be the fastest player in the NFL. His average top speed on deep routes in college last year would have been 2nd in the NFL, 0.1mph behind Hill. Brown was super productive. Third round picks miss all of the time and we have two. Would have been a small price to pay, IMHO. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I dont believe that rumor. Also, Its not Jay's job to pick the players. I dont see how Jay who made Andy Dalton into a probowler in his rookie season would be upset with a guy who is arguably better coming out of college in every way.

So Keim is lying you think about this not being Kyle Smith's guy either? 

I get that the media could end up wrong but its not exactly like the 106.7 guys got much wrong today.  They flat out said the scouts talked Dan out of trading up early but the concession likely would be they'd take Haskins if he lands at 15.  So you got about 10 reporters both local and national saying this isn't Jay's guy but he will likely be taken anyway -- they all got that wrong? 

I get if there was something to gain by leaking bad information.  If jay really loved Haskins and wanted it to go below the radar then what's the purpose of a narrative of Jay doesn't like Haskins but Haskins will be taking anyway?  If it's about going below the radar, then act like the team isn't taking Hsaskins period.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just when I finished telling my friend the Skins did the right thing by not trading up...

Only person who said Tytus was round 1. Me.

I’m better at this than everyone else.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, slinky said:

what did we give up to trade up?

Our 2nd this year and a 2nd next year per JLC.

well hey look at that

whaddya think of that deal

• Like 3