stevemcqueen1

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

Ok  1st round is over. At least the Skins did not do a RG3 trade😀.

Who do the Skins go after in the 2nd round?

Parris Campbell would be nice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobby Peppers said:

100% agree. Also this feeds into the reports that Jay hasn't been consulted. Makes for great news but do you really think a QB pick wouldn't first have some input from Gruden? 

 

Absolutely not.  Of course Jay had input.

 

I'm also confused as to why so many posters who don't even really like Jay give a **** about trying to save his job.  And I'm also surprised that people don't think that acquiring a worthy QB and getting some stability at the position isn't the ONLY thing that could save Gruden's job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

No no no no. It was all a game of 8 dimensional chess that Dan, Bruce, and Jay were all in on...

 

Or something. Yeah. That's the ticket.

 

Yeah apparently they gain something by keeping up the ruse still -- 106.7 guys checked in just now and according to what they were told Jay and other coaches lost this one in the draft room.  He wasn't their guy. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

You know who else was a 1 year wonder? Kyler Murray.

 

Kyler Murray isn't fat and slow. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Absolutely not.  Of course Jay had input.

 

 

Almost any other team I'd agree with you. But Dan has a long and documented history of injecting himself into QB decisions. 

 

I have a feeling that Jay's input ended with perhaps being able to convince them not to force a trade up for Haskins.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst pic of the night as far as I’m concerned and the fact that Haskins is a Snyder/Allen guy is only more infuriating. 

 

Who would want to coach for the organization? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

This makes me ****ing furious. The football people didn't like him. Dan and Bruce--who don't know ****--pushed it through.

 

Does it really though?  There is no hope here so why get angry?  I am not.  It is just reality.  Dan and Bruce are complete clowns.  I am at peace with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

I 100% agree with you on Murray. I've been saying for a while that people keep forgetting or dismissing that Murray has some serious question marks. His size, one year wonder, great OL and receivers, Air Raid offensive system.

 

Haskins is the type of QB that lasts a long time in the NFL. Can hit all the throws, has the build to take a hit, and doesnt turn it over.

 

 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins is not a bad pick, and considering he was considered last year as the best QB before Murray declared for the NFL. I hope we sit him and let him learn before playing him, even if he doesn't like it. Hopefully we solve the QB problem for the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

 

Haskins is the type of QB that lasts a long time in the NFL. Can hit all the throws, has the build to take a hit, and doesnt turn it over.

 

 

It's easier to not throw INTs when so many of your passes are short/underneath. IIRC he had by far the lowest average depth of target number of any of the top 2 tiers of QB in this class. It was 7.9 I think. That's really really low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Almost any other team I'd agree with you. But Dan has a long and documented history of injecting himself into QB decisions. 

 

I have a feeling that Jay's input ended with perhaps being able to convince them not to force a trade up for Haskins. 

 

Or Jay knew he needed a QB and is as happy as everyone else to get a stud prospect and thus have a chance at a long term future with the Redskins.

 

Why do you think our numbnuts media has any clue of what goes on inside this organization?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SamoaSkinz said:

Haskins is not a bad pick, and considering he was considered last year as the best QB before Murray declared for the NFL. I hope we sit him and let him learn before playing him, even if he doesn't like it. Hopefully we solve the QB problem for the next few years.

I just can't see Snyder taking the hit on low ticket sales for a year and letting Gruden start McCoy/Keenum for 16 games. Just isn't going to happen is it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking but why are we so concerned that he is slow? Now if he can’t move in the pocket, thats a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mistertim said:

 

It's easier to not throw INTs when so many of your passes are short/underneath. IIRC he had by far the lowest average depth of target number of any of the top 2 tiers of QB in this class. It was 7.9 I think. That's really really low. 

 

Not true. Picks are far easier to come by when they are short crossing routes or flat routes. If you repeatedly throw that route, then you have to be accurate. He had 5000 yards with most coming within 10 yards, and yet still only threw 8 picks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

It's easier to not throw INTs when so many of your passes are short/underneath. IIRC he had by far the lowest average depth of target number of any of the top 2 tiers of QB in this class. It was 7.9 I think. That's really really low. 

 

Haskins reminds me of Alex Smith. But slower. He’s pretty safe. Their game isn’t a 1:1 translation, but I can see why the Skins would like him.

 

I think people believe I’m sold on this move. I’m not. I just don’t see it as a bad pick. As much as I’d like to stomp my fist on the table one way or the other, I don’t have any idea with Haskins. Sample size is way too small.

 

im impressed with his intangibles. He just has a lot to prove.

 

But that in no way makes this a bad pick

 

 

 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dyst said:

Just asking but why are we so concerned that he is slow? Now if he can’t move in the pocket, thats a different story.

He's actually ok at climbing the pocket, its just when he's got defenders in his face that his comfort levels plummet, his mechanics fail him and things fall apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kwitt said:

 

Does it really though?  There is no hope here so why get angry?  I am not.  It is just reality.  Dan and Bruce are complete clowns.  I am at peace with it.

 

It's rare, but their bat**** stupidity still get's my blood boiling. The Alex Smith trade did last year too...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Or Jay knew he needed a QB and is as happy as everyone else to get a stud prospect and thus have a chance at a long term future with the Redskins.

 

Why do you think our numbnuts media has any clue of what goes on inside this organization?

 

Like I said, Occam's razor. Tons of insiders were saying the same stuff. Smoke and fire. Same thing last year with Payne and that some guys liked James instead and Doug basically later confirmed it.

 

It's much more plausible, given common sense and our history, that Dan and Bruce wanted Haskins and basically forced the pick over Jay's head, that Jay was being honest when asked about Haskins, and that all the smoke around this whole thing means there is a fire than it is that all these guys were huddled up and were playing this super advanced strategic chess match that nobody else understood. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

The worst pic of the night as far as I’m concerned

 

If you mean just the Redskins, you aren't wrong. 

 

But the Giants already made a worse pick, which is why we have Haskins now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am with Cooley general's sentiment.  I think Haskins will be a bust.  I dislike the pick.  It could be worst where they traded up to do it.  But I got to hope it works out.  The QB position is a pure crap shoot.  So heck I could be wrong.  

 

The one upside to it is the draft shows should be fun to watch tomorrow -- the media loves Haskins especially Brooks, Kiper and Reddick.  

 

My main issue with it is the underlying chaos with Jay (and Keim suggested at least yesterday Kyle, too) versus Dan-Bruce.  And yeah color me crazy but i do think the 10 sources are so saying its the case where Haskins wasn't Jay's guy do have something potentially cooking.

 

Grant Paulsen though had a good point if all of this is really the case -- maybe the loud backdrop of Dan and Bruce being right over their football people -- would give them a needed PR jolt in the long run.   Usually this stuff comes out later about Dan wanting a QB over a coaches wishes.  This one is much louder and more upfront than his other QB man crushes. 

 

Maybe tomorrow we will hear from Jay that it was all a ruse and he purposely said Haskins wasn't ready because that was the dude who really was the most ready and he couldn't contain himself.   I don't mean that sarcastically.  You never know.  So i'll wait for more info.  But for the moment it smells some to me.   Jay is going to have to say something nice but question is what does he say.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

Haskins reminds me of Alex Smith. But slower. He’s pretty safe. Their game isn’t a 1:1 translation, but I can see why the Skins would like him.

 

I think people believe I’m sold on this move. I’m not. I just don’t see it as a bad pick. As much as I’d like to stomp my fist on the table one way or the other, I don’t have any idea with Haskins. Sample size is way too small.

Not a bad comp. He's like Smith in that he hesitates to release the trigger on anything deep or in a tight window. He just lacks the athleticism and I don't think Smith has the same problems with his mechanics when pressured that Haskins has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dyst said:

Just asking but why are we so concerned that he is slow? Now if he can’t move in the pocket, thats a different story.

 

Because apparently 40 yard dash times matter for pocket passing prodigies now.

 

He's not even slow either, he's got quick feet in the pocket, climbs the ladder and resets as well as anyone, and he ****ing ran zone read at Ohio State.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Just asking but why are we so concerned that he is slow? Now if he can’t move in the pocket, thats a different story.

 

That is EXACTLY the problem!  He doesn't move his feet well laterally.  He's a stiff.  He climbs the pocket but that's not enough.  You need to be able to slide as well.  He's a fat RG III in that respect.  At least he probably won't moonwalk backwards though.  But he's still gonna be a sack-dummy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.