Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m laughing out loud at some of this reaction. I get apprehension with the pick. I get not trusting our FO... but it’s tough to argue the guy who was likely the #2 QB in the draft (at worst #3) being drafted at #15 with no collateral given up.

there were guys I liked more. But I’m not going to sit here and say taking Haskins is horrible

If you spend a lot of time on some players, in the end there are some guys you like and some you don't.  Haskins was among the ones I didn't like. Doesn't mean i am right but if I am going to spend time researching a player am not going to throw my opinion out the window on a dime.  I am not celebrating any player I didn't care for from what I saw.   But still I can throw all that out the window if I heard that Jay loves Haskins.  I do trust Jay.  But Dan? 

A ton of noise that Jay doesn't love Haskins including Jay's own statements.   And for all those who think its crazy that Dan pushed for a QB that the HC didn't like -- have they been following this team for the last 20 years or so.  If they wrote a book about Snyder at least a chapter would be dedicated to that subject.   It's possible that Jay secretly loved Haskins.  But plenty of smoke that it's the opposite.  At the very least there is a question about what Jay thinks.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think putting so much stock in media gossip during lying season is crazy.  I think believing that a coach will actually publicly tell the truth about a player we now know for sure the team was trying to draft is crazy.  I think believing that a coach would pass over a QB prospect because he probably won't win for you in year one is crazy.

I think if there's that much smoke then there's probably a fire. Believing that this FO and coaching staff is so smart and forward thinking that they're going to predict who will drop to where and then set up an elaborate ruse with Jay quotes and everything in order to throw people off the scent over a month in advance is crazy to me. Occam's razor. Jay is generally a pretty up front and honest dude. He was asked about Haskins and Lock and he gave a pretty frank answer. 

3 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I agree, most people just don’t understand that Haskins 

wanted to be in Dc 

He is in Gaithersburg now!

A skins fan 

He is home, which improves his stock greatly! 

wow....did today go his way, he must be on cloud 9. 

Actually, dude is born and raised in New Jersey and grew up a Giants fan. 

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I like the idea of having an athletic mismatch like DK, Harry, or Whiteside, as I think you can find speedsters that Haskins can make better. But I would be happy with landing Campbell in the 2nd for sure.

In theory he's not my fav receiver in that spot.  But with Haskins, I like him. 

1 minute ago, Skinarchy said:

The pick was a steal at 15 period. I didn’t want to trade up to grab him, but a total. I brainer pick at 15

HTTR 

Yeah. No matter what you think of the guy year 1, he is not a reach at 15 by any means. 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No one did. But imo, he's better than Murray and is more likely to survive the rigors of the NFL than Murray. He's a qb- through and through.

A QB with slow footwork who was a 1 year wonder, played behind an elite OL, and had three 4.3-4.4 speedster YAC monster WRs to throw to underneath all day who could take it to the house.

I'm ok with this if Haskins sits for a year. Otherwise, I think he'll be thrown to the wolves and will crash and burn hard.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You guys don’t think that some of the Jones stuff was a smokescreen to get the Giants to take him at 6? I sure as hell do. Not 100% behind the Haskins pick but certainly not mad about it. But the Skins played the lying season game and it paid off with a Giant blunder

The Redskins front office actually looked competent on this  pick.  We have a new QB in town!!

I would have gone another direction but I do like the prospect.

Everyone harps on accuracy all the time, this kid is the most accurate QB in this draft. He started 1 yr. so he’s got a lot to learn, we have to be patient. He’s got to work on his footwork. Ball jumps outta his hand, extremely high football intelligence.

I do think he’s got All Pro upside once he figures it out. And I think he will, dude is a worker/grinder, I think we are gonna end up loving this kid.

In my opinion his comp is

is a more accurate less turnover prone  Jameis Winston. With none of the character issues.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

It’s funny to watch Haskins & think of what would be difficult for Josh Rosen, who is a year + younger.

Certainly don’t disagree with this point. I’d rather have Rosen. Sweat. Burns. Taylor. Bradbury. 

And I’d never ask someone to abandon their evaluation of him. My evaluation of him is a touch different. I watched some film on these guys, but I don’t post a ton and I try to get others points of view. Haskins is a question mark. Does some good stuff. Does some bad stuff. Benefits from the athletes around him, kept a few plays alive himself. 

I didnt find his film to be totally conclusive. That’s my biggest pause. His sample size. He had one horrendous game where he looked so bad it’s alarming. But I didn’t see a single other game, in totality, where he looked like a terrible football player. 

He has a ton of bad plays sprinkled in his good games. But again, his film is somewhat inconclusive. He has upside. 

He he has a limited ceiling. But his floor, imo is decent.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Hell no I'm not bothered by the lies Jay was feeding the media during lying season.  QB's aren't picked for one year windows.  That was always an absurd take, and I am a little surprised so many people bought it.

100% agree. Also this feeds into the reports that Jay hasn't been consulted. Makes for great news but do you really think a QB pick wouldn't first have some input from Gruden?

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

A QB with slow footwork who was a 1 year wonder, played behind an elite OL, and had three 4.3-4.4 speedster YAC monster WRs to throw to underneath all day who could take it to the house.

I'm ok with this if Haskins sits for a year. Otherwise, I think he'll be thrown to the wolves and will crash and burn hard.

Every top qb that doesnt play as a redshirt rookie for Alabama/Clemson is going to be a 1 year wonder. You know who else was a 1 year wonder? Kyler Murray.

The plan has always been for our qb drafted this year to sit and learn behind Alex Smith. Keenum will just continue that plan. We are set for the future while we have 2 years to surround him with talent. Its a dream.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m laughing out loud at some of this reaction. I get apprehension with the pick. I get not trusting our FO... but it’s tough to argue the guy who was likely the #2 QB in the draft (at worst #3) being drafted at #15 with no collateral given up.

there were guys I liked more. But I’m not going to sit here and say taking Haskins is horrible.

as far as Gruden goes... he either finds success this year or he’s gone anyways. You can’t hinge your draft on a guy with his ass on fire.

But the QB class in 2020 is so much deeper!  Everyone is pissed because the same idiot that has ruined this franchise (Snyder) hasn't figured out that he's a freakin moron when it comes to evaluating talent.  He interfered with QB decisions for every coach he's ever had.  Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn (although that's not entirely fair), Shanahan, and now Gruden.  He can't help himself and that is why we are so pissed.  He will never, ever learn his lesson and the fan-base is screwed until the team is somehow rescued from his grasp. 

You're not dumb.  Haskins was a one year starter.  He can't slide in the pocket.  Doesn't move his feet well.  With the Redskins O-line? He will be a sack machine.  I'm talking John Beck style. He is slllloooowwww !  Play action will suck with him.  All he did was fake the dive off an RPO.  That was his playaction.  Don't want to see him get ran down by DT's on bootlegs but that's what will happen.  

Should have traded down for draft 2020 capitol. 

The head inmate is still running the asylum.

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Every top qb that doesnt play as a redshirt rookie for Alabama/Clemson is going to be a 1 year wonder. You know who else was a 1 year wonder? Kyler Murray.

The plan has always been for our qb drafted this year to sit and learn behind Alex Smith. Keenum will just continue that plan. We are set for the future while we have 2 years to surround him with talent. Its a dream.

I 100% agree with you on Murray. I've been saying for a while that people keep forgetting or dismissing that Murray has some serious question marks. His size, one year wonder, great OL and receivers, Air Raid offensive system.

The second part doesn't go with what Jay has been saying for a while now. He's said multiple times that he wants a guy who can make an impact immediately. Jay doesn't have until next year IMO. He's in a **** situation now. He seems to have been forced to draft a QB he likely wasn't very high on while simultaneously knowing that he's basically out after this year if he doesn't turn the team into a winner. 

**** Snyder. **** Bruce.

Archived