Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We can talk noise about Haskins.  But the idea that Jay doesn't want him, that part doesn't seem to be conjecture.  Everybody -- both national and local who cover the team agree on that point.  They disagree on other points but not that one.  I was just listening to Hoffman explain the concern with some in the building about Haskins fit to Jay system among other things.

But ok lets pretend everyone is making that up for whatever reason.   Still Jay revealed himself on Haskins openly weeks back when he talked about how he wants a dude who is ready to play this season and Haskins is an example of a Qb who wouldn't be ready.

Either that or Jay is part of an elaborate scheme.  He really loves the dude and just planted that jab on purpose.

I still think they don't take a Qb in the first.   I don't doubt Dan could fall in love with Haskins.  His profile would be up his alley.  But I think its pure somescreen. 

Yeah but why does it benefit Jay to talk about his true intentions too? Like if he theoretically loved someone, you think he’s going to say that? 

At 15 - Sweat/Burns/Bush

if into the 20's -DB Savage/Murphy

Round 2 - WR - AJ Brown/Harry/Butler/Deebo/Campbell

Round 3 - QB Grier/Finley/Stidham

- OL Samia/ Edoga/McGovern/Cajuste

Any thoughts on Isaac Nauta at TE day 3?

Seeing as how coaches and management are all on the hot seat this year, i wonder what selections would be most likely to give us a game or two next year that would otherwise be a loss?

1. A multifaceted elite tight end

2. A game breaking wide receiver

3. An edge rusher that can consistently get to the qb

4. A starter on the interior oline

5. A linebacker with some range. 

I'll look for them to make a pick along those lines.

first round ahead and i can't wait to find out if we start out of the gate getting a really really really tall wr with knee and ankle "concerns" that "could" be serious, or we make a dynamite blockbuster deal trading the next three years away for another qb

plus, another year of bruce and dan

i may resume social crack smoking

Finally got around to watching some Zach Allen.  Big bear of a defensive end.  More athletic than he looks, but not fast.  Motor isn't as good as I expected.  Not as physical as you prefer in a power player like him.  Let's guys get into his ribs instead of using his hands effectively.  Looks like a pretty raw rusher, making plays off instinct and size.  I see a little bit of a jab step and an effective bull rush.  I see some stunting talent.  He does have a surprisingly solid first step, and he does get into the back field and disrupt with frequency.  Heads up player who finds the football.  Kind of reminds me a little bit of Ioannidis TBH, and I think it's clear his future in the NFL is guarding/rushing the B and C gap.  I would guess third round value, and he would fit our scheme as an interior lineman.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hope you like Haskins

To be honest I've been so busy this year I've not had any time to examine the prospects too much, so my view is very much coloured by secondhand opinions I've read on here but it's a relatively clean slate from me for the players as I've not watched enough tape to come to any definitive conclusions - I'll see what the guys who have deepdived these prospects are saying before I worry too much about it.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

first round ahead and i can't wait to find out if we start out of the gate getting a really really really tall wr with knee and ankle "concerns" that "could" be serious, or we make a dynamite blockbuster deal trading the next three years away for another qb

Danny is probably trying to figure out how he can accomplish both of those scenarios. 

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

plus, another year of bruce and dan

i may resume social crack smoking 

The important thing is to avoid antisocial crack smoking.

31 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yeah but why does it benefit Jay to talk about his true intentions too? Like if he theoretically loved someone, you think he’s going to say that? 

Nope but saying he doesn't think this player is ready and wants a player who is ready and naming another player who is -- is the opposite of showing love.   Maybe he lied.  And everyone who claims to know what Jay is thinking is lying too.  Who knows.

I still think this is a smoke screen.  Too much info out there.    Seems way over the top. 

Archived