Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. IF Murray doesnt go at one than there is absolutely no reason to trade up if they want a QB in round one. One of those guys WILL be there at 15 in that case. 

If Murray doesn't go at 1, the Skins and others will have more incentive to trade up for the QB they all actually want (Murray).

If the Cards don't want Murray, I wonder what the Giants would pay to go to #1? That is the game the Cards should have been playing this entire time. But if Murray's their guy no matter what, I guess that game wouldn't make sense.

21 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Excited to see what kind of party Nashville puts out for the draft tonight as well. That city typically loves doing things over the top, there was supposed to be thunderstorms on the forecast but I'm hoping they avoid them. 

Yea I just saw a headline that they could actually delay the draft.

Must be some serious weather.

Just now, Skins Skeptic said:

If Murray doesn't go at 1, the Skins and others will have more incentive to trade up for the QB they all actually want (Murray).

If the Cards don't want Murray, I wonder what the Giants would pay to go to #1? That is the game the Cards should have been playing this entire time. But if Murray's their guy no matter what, I guess that game wouldn't make sense.

Agreed. That is kind of why I think Murray is going at one. If not the Cards would have already made a trade back IMO. I like Bosa. But this draft is so deep on defense that everyone who takes a defensive player in the first round is getting a stud.

4 minutes ago, Skins Skeptic said:

I had heard something like this about a month ago. It was along the lines that the Skins/Cards had a deal for Rosen all sewn up but that the NFL didn't want it announced to try to build draft hype. 

I would be good with this....my only concern is what I have heard about his attitude. Is he a dick in the locker room?

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

I would be good with this....my only concern is what I have heard about his attitude. Is he a dick in the locker room?

I worry he's something like Jeff George, but I can only speculate. We really cannot know what to believe, but if he was an engaging personality who's smart and accurate, I would think the new coach and GM would love to make him the cornerstone of their franchise. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Like I've been saying they are all so different as to the narratives that I can't think of a better situation to see which one is the best sourced.  There isn't one narrative that exactly mirrors the other.

on another note, Devin Bush looking unlikely 😧

What would it cost to go from 15 to 10 or 11? Innocent question. 

Really a weird year for me this year. This is the first year in a decade that i watched absolutely no tape on Defensive Tackles. Because there is no chance we take one in this draft. This team has had no talent at DL for the past 15 years. And now we are stacked there. Go figure?

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Really a weird year for me this year. This is the first year in a decade that i watched absolutely no tape on Defensive Tackles. Because there is no chance we take one in this draft. This team has had no talent at DL for the past 15 years. And now we are stacked there. Go figure?

Also watched zero tape on DL, as well as RB.  It's why I can never do a Big Board.  I don't watch positions that I think we aren't going to draft.

I watched loads of DL and RB tape in 2018 though.

Just now, Unbias said:

Does anyone else see Jason Campbell when they watch Dwayne Haskins? 

As prospects both were good athletes with big arms and were regarded as hard workers/leaders. 

Haskins has much better upper body and throwing mechanics than Campbell did, but Campbell was much more mobile and better on the move. 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Does anyone else see Jason Campbell when they watch Dwayne Haskins? 

As prospects both were good athletes with big arms and were regarded as hard workers/leaders. 

I think Campbell was a better athlete. I think Haskins has a WAY better arm. The Jason Campbell of this draft is Daniel Jones IMO.

14 minutes ago, hailmary said:

It's the calm before the storm the suspense has everyone a little nervous............WE GOT THIS, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! 

I'm just so scared that this front office is going to do something stupid like move to number 3 to get a QB that they could have gotten at number 15

In order to make a proper prediction With Snyder officially taking over the draft we need to think like DaN, Breathe like Dan, Be the Dan,,,,,, You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the SNYDER ZONE

Now What would be that golden goose of a combination that only a putz like Dan would be unable to resist ? What combination of offensive fire power sits in that first round that would have Dan mortgage this teams future for?......

With the first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select , QB Kyler Murray Oklahoma 

With the Second overall pick in the 2019 draft the Washington Redskins select, WR Marquise Brown Oklahoma

The Arizona Cardinals will receive the Washington Redskins 1st round draft picks for the next 14 years

The San Francisco 49ers will receive the Washington Redskins entire starting offensive line in addition to this years #15 overall pick as well as every 2nd round draft pick for the next 8 years 

The NY Jets are on the clock

giphy.gif

Archived