Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

19 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Any advice on what licor to buy, to drink away the pain when we trade up into the top 5? 

We are back to pinky & the brain level of FO? 

I'm hitting the dark rum,  but my only advice is to go with quantity over quality.

I can't tell you how pissed I'll be if they draft Haskins:

Haskins (6-3, 231) has flashed the ability to be an NFL quarterback, but he struggles with consistency. In 2018, he completed 70 percent of his passes for 4,831 yards with 50 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Haskins struggled as a pocket passer against Penn State, but dominated Michigan's tough defense. 

Haskins has a strong arm with the potential to be a pocket passer who hurts defenses. He has a lot of talent, but there were stretches during 2018 when everything was just a little bit off with him. His decision-making was not consistent, and he made some bad plays in terms of ball security. Haskins' field vision needs to improve, and he has to get faster at working through his progressions. His footwork also needs improvement, and his ball placement can be off at times. At other times during 2018, however, he flashed the ability to make special throws with his arm strength and placement. Haskins should have returned to Ohio State for 2019 to improve his overall play before going to the NFL, but he decided to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft. Haskins was only a first-year starter in 2018 and has upside to grow.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php#ixzz5m7HU1uue

19 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Any advice on what licor to buy, to drink away the pain when we trade up into the top 5? 

We are back to pinky & the brain level of FO? 

This is truly my greatest fear - and nothing being discussed recently is making me feel any better. I am quite fearful of another 2012 like trade. 

With all the talk of QBs, I actually do not want any of them. Just keep building the lines and see what happens. Keenum may just surprise some people, especially since we should have a pretty decent run game. And if we completely bomb out you can look at QB next year when the class is much stronger. 

If anything move down, even into the 2nd rd and accumulate picks. There is a lot of talent in this draft from DL, to S to WR to OL, maybe one of the deepest overall drafts in a while. Just not at QB where I believe it's really thin. 

I guess we will know in about 10 hrs or so. 

If the Giants are bailed out of the Barkley pick by being able to trade a 2nd-3rd for Rosen, using their 1sts elsewhere...I'm going to be pissed. If the reports are true that we never even had discussions about Rosen and it wasn't even on our radar are true, I'll be doubly pissed. If that's compounded by a Daniel Jones pick or trade up for him...I might stop watching for a while. I don't buy those rumors though. 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

giphy.gif

Less of an arm than Haskins, so that’s probably not it.

x1000, when it's been related or come up, I've argued that w/our extra picks, we absolutely should be offering deals for an extra first, or at very bottom an extra 2nd in 2020 so we can move up. There's a reason Dynasty players have been flushing 2019 1sts left and right for six months trying to get extra 1sts, and it's because the '19 class in offensive talent is largely dog doo compared to 2020 (other than WR depth). 

This is why you fire an incompetent GM, and a HC after a disastrous decade and a poor half decade in charge. You never allow people who dug the hole you're buried in in professional sports a 2nd chance to dig you out, you bury them and move on w/a new regime w/a multiyear contract so they know they can build from a long term plan rather than year to year options a la Trevor Bauer. 

Keim is the absolute best at hedging every statement and basically saying nothing of substance. Anybody who follows the team could post what he posts and with the same conviction. He almost never has a scoop or cites a source, just lands on the fence on every issue. Also someone should let him know he has 280 characters now, he doesn't need to type in sentence fragments. 

Albert Breer's mock today.  Another dude that goes purely on what he's hearing.  I am still sticking to this trading up drill being a smokescreen.

Worse case scenario if they take Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins at 15 -- I'll pout a little but likely get over it and just hope that the good things I like about either QB translates to their upside comes to life.  And I'd let it ride and see what happens.  But if they trade up for either guy, I won't get over it.    They have too many needs to be messing around IMO.   And I don't think either QB is a slam dunk can't miss prospect.  This isn't shooting up for Andrew Luck. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/25/mock-draft-trades-jets-redskins-dwayne-haskins?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

3. *PROJECTED TRADE* WASHINGTON REDSKINS (VIA THE NEW YORK JETS) SELECT DWAYNE HASKINS, QB, OHIO STATE

From Rick Murphy (@rickm127): #Redskins draft a quarterback in the first round?

Rick, I think so, and I’m hearing that Haskins is the guy that Washington ownership and others in the organization want. This would be a massive swing up the board, but I think the Jets may be willing to bend a bit on the price in an effort to recoup what they lost in the trade up for Sam Darnoldlast year and accumulate some picks. Why would Washington feel the need to make this kind of move up? As I see it, on draft day, perception is as important as reality. Perception holds now, strongly in some corners, that the Raiders are considering Haskins at No. 4. Whether they are or not, I don’t know. I do know that it’s helping the Jets.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's Finlay and Sheehan versus Keim on Lock.  Finlay-Sheehan saying Lock is their guy.  Keim keeps saying nope and the building divided between Jones and Haskins.  Haskins being Bruce-Dan-Doug versus the scouts who like Jones. 

Rosen & Lock are, by a wide margin, the top QBs available, & we are interested in neither. 

2JK.gif

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Albert Breer's mock today.  Another dude that goes purely on what he's hearing.  I am still sticking to this trading up drill being a smokescreen.

Depth at WR, OL, & CB are phenomenal this year, invest in that depth with trade backs while acquiring more 2020 assets. Or, trade up for Jones, the 23 year old version of a 42 year old Alex Smith.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Keim is the absolute best at hedging every statement and basically saying nothing of substance. Anybody who follows the team could post what he posts and with the same conviction. He almost never has a scoop or cites a source, just lands on the fence on every issue. Also someone should let him know he has 280 characters now, he doesn't need to type in sentence fragments. 

To the best of what I recall here are players linked to beat guys reports

Craig Hoffman

Love Murray

They don't love other Qbs in the first round of this draft and won't take one

They love Marquise Brown, he's on the table especially if they trade down

They love N'Keal Harry

They love M. Sweat

They like AJ Brown

They don't love DK

They'd take Hockenson if he falls

John Keim

They love Murray

They love Marquise

Bruce-Dan-Doug love Haskins

Some in the building love D. Jones

They love Devin Bush

They love Brian Burns

They like DK

JP Finlay

They love Murray and like Lock as the 2nd best QB

Mixed in the building on Jones and Haskins

C. Lindstrom

N. Fant

They'd take Hockenson if he falls

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Rosen & Lock are, by a wide margin, the top QBs available, & we are interested in neither. 

Depth at WR, OL, & CB are phenomenal this year, invest in that depth with trade backs while acquiring more 2020 assets. Or, trade up for Jones, the 23 year old version of a 42 year old Alex Smith.

Agree.  It took me watching Haskins closely to appreciate Rosen more.   One thing the local guys are all rallying on is that unless Dan impinges on what they want to do, they really really want to trade down. 

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I don't drink often but when I do it's on draft day!

Feel free to join me down on the tracks, I have a black and white tv, Three whole feet of rabbit ears antenna! 

I have a pit cooler for the madDawg. 

Get woke! 

Guy trained with the Manning bros’  And the coach that helped mold them to.

9A85E93F-2BA0-402C-B1C1-3FA640491B16.gif

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Is it just me, or is Kyle Smith already getting pushed to the sidelines? Did Bruce get his wittle ego bruised because someone else got an ounce of attention?

I think it would be a mistake to think we know the exact power dynamics inside the FO, going on the word of local beat writers who are more often than not scooped by national people who hang out in CT all day. Remember how long it took us to find out what was going on with Scot McCloughin, and how long he'd been out of the loop it turned out? We thought he had final say for about 10 months longer than he did, if he ever did. These guys are mostly out in the cold. 

I agree we're most likely screwed though.

I have a full 3-round mock written out, because im a maniac and had some free time at work. Will maybe post it later, as I left that spreadsheet at work like a chump. Was thinking about starting a thread with a point system to anyone that wanted to take a stab at it. Probably a little late for that though. Anyways, here are my predictions for the Skins this draft:

#23 DK Metcalf, WR (from Houston)

#38 Darnell Savage S (from Jacksonville: includes #55 from Houston and future pick)

#46: Will Grier, QB

#76: Elgton Jenkins, C/G

#96: Maxx Crosby, EDGE

#153: Ben Burr Kirven, LB

#173: Trevon Wesco, TE

#206: Justice Hill, RB

#227: Hjalte Froholdt, OL

#253: KaVontae Turpin, WR

Archived