stevemcqueen1

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Potato Fields forever here in Idaho is reporting the same thing that Snyder is taking over the first round... good lord have mercy on our souls

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well ****. If Snyder is in charge of the draft, then I guess we all have to get comfortable with the idea of trading 3 firsts and 4 thirds to move up to #1 and take Daniel Jones.

Welcome to D.C., Christian Hack--, er, Daniel Jones!

iF You read that article its going to be Haskins . Apparently Haskins when to High School with Snyders son and they have a close relationship. This is going to be RG3 all over again. Is snyder and dam MORON?! Didn't he learn anything from RG3 that you can't be all buddy buddy and inviting players over to your mansion as if the rest of the locker room won't resent his superstar status ? Does this guy ever learn?! For ****S SAKE!!!!

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

iF You read that article its going to be Haskins . Apparently Haskins when to High School with Snyders son and they have a close relationship. This is going to be RG3 all over again. Is snyder and dam MORON?! Didn't he learn anything from RG3 that you can't be all buddy buddy and inviting players over to your mansion as if the rest of the locker room won't resent his superstar status ? Does this guy ever learn?! For ****S SAKE!!!!

Thank you for reinforcing my point.  I love you guys! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Jets need a couple tackles and Jamison Crowder is currently their most experienced and productive WR.

I can see them having interest in 15 because it's WR territory.  I can also see them having strong interest in Trent Williams.  And I can see them having very few suitors for #3 unless Murray is there.  The seeds of an equitable trade are there.  One where we don't have to give up a million draft picks to move up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I believe every draft rumor esp. the ones that contradict each other!

-- Ned Flanders

"Talkin' out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Lookin' out the window? That's a paddlin'. Believing every draft rumor? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.

-- Jasper Beardly

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Murray is the best player in the class and he's a quarterback.  Forget about all of the speculation and misinformation swirling around out there, and think about what makes sense.  Odds are that Murray is going to go #1 in some shape or form.  And given that the coach of the Cardinals publicly banged the table for the kid to go #1 in his old job, long before he had a dog in the fight, it's probably going to be them picking him.

There are better players in the class. Williams, Bosa, Allen, White are some of them.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Jets need a couple tackles and Jamison Crowder is currently their most experienced and productive WR.

I can see them having interest in 15 because it's WR territory.  I can also see them having strong interest in Trent Williams.  And I can see them having very few suitors for #3 unless Murray is there.  The seeds of an equitable trade are there.  One where we don't have to give up a million draft picks to move up.

Wait a minute if Murray isn't there who the heck are you trading Trent for??????

This rumor of the owner going all in over a Qb near top of draft reminds me of Frank Langella in Draft Day.  God Help us.

Haskins is not going to be Griffin all over again, hes obsessed with blocking schemes, I'm pretty sure Griffin didnt care out that if he didnt have a route tree at Baylor.  I'd hate to lose those picks if it's possible hed drop to us, but with Colt not fully healed, we could be walking into another QB carousel if we dont jus do this now and get it over with.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I think its all a smokescreen to get someone that they like to drop.

Lets all hope so. This kind of chatter (if loosely based on truth) is not going to help us gain any leverage in a Rosen trade. Either we're desperate for a QB or we're not. Desperate teams lose leverage in trades.

29 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think we are a year away from moving on from Trent. Could definitely see us drafting a tackle in the 1st next year. 

I think this might be the last chance to sell high on Trent.  I'm not sure he'll have worthwhile trade value next offseason.  I think he's declining and he'll be entering the final year of his deal next offseason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think this might be the last chance to sell high on Trent.  I'm not sure he'll have worthwhile trade value next offseason.  I think he's declining and he'll be entering the final year of his deal next offseason.

It would be the Bill Belichick style to move him now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

It would be the Bill Belichick style to move him now.

And then field a top five offensive line next season anyway.

The Patriots have been exploiting the market inefficiency at offensive tackle for quite a long time.  They know that the position isn't as valuable in the 11 personnel shotgun era as the conventional wisdom holds.

Trent is a rapidly depreciating asset that is very probably inefficiently overvalued.  He's a Redskins Ring of Famer, but that is the cold ass truth.  If you can deal him for draft value equivalent to a first or second round pick, that's a significant win.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nonniey said:

The funny thing is does anyone else have a bit of dread over what our FO will do this week? If so what does that say about our front office? Minute I saw the report/rumor that Redskins will trade up to 3 for Haskins it is something I could believe they would do.

I'm fearful. It seems they'll do something stupid and if its really bad (say spending a first on Daniel Jones or trying to trade up to #3) I might have have to take a hiatus from the team. It'll be several lost years while the team tries to recover from bad moves. Might save me the headache to just cut bait for a bit and come back once the team can get back to "normal".

I had a post a while back that actually showed Grier had better numbers against ranked opponents, with a larger sample size. I am happy with either pick. 

As for trent and Bellicheck: bill would sell him for draft picks to get a future LT, or would trade him after he already groomed someone for the role. This isn’t the same situation even if I agree that this year may be the best his value will get from here in out

Edited by Skin'emAlive

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

As for trent and Bellicheck: bill would sell him for draft picks to get a future LT, or would trade him after he already groomed someone for the role. This didn’t the same situation even if I agree that this year may be the best his value will get from here in out 

Belichik has let plenty of tackles just walk out the door.  What he would do is trade some late round draft positioning for a 6'8 starter no one else wants and then make that guy a key contributor on a Superbowl caliber offensive line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One year starting QBs tends to be riskier as for how they pan out.    Parcells hit it hard in his draft review programs.  Heck guys like Barkley and Locker looked like studs after their big junior years but not so much after their senior.  There is something to both the experience and the bigger sample size. 

Lock played for 4 years against the stiffest competition in the league and did so playing with an inferior supporting cast where he was often outmanned by more stacked opponents.  Jay saying Lock is more ready than Haskins doesn't seem that much of a wild leap IMO. 

I am not living or dying by Drew Lock.  But i'd easily take him over Haskins and for reasons that has nothing to do with his experience.  IMO his skill set translates better to today's NFL than Haskins. 

I agree with you that one year college starters are very risky. But it still doesn't explain how Lock is more ready to contribute in 2019.  That's like say Cam Newton is not pro ready for starting just one year, but Christian Ponder is pro ready because he started 3 years. A huge part of the equation is talent. Haskins is a risky pick, to be sure. But I fail to see how anyone can say with any certainty that he's less ready than Lock. It's pure speculation. And if this team is trying to base who they pick on how they'll do in 2019 only, well have mercy on all of us. Cause 99% of rookie QBs suck regardless, including future HOFers. The exceptions tend to be the guys put on stacked teams and asked to do very little (think Roethlisberger)

• Like 2

Listened to a couple more podcasts.  I've been saying for weeks that they (Giants too) have been great at having info all over the place on QBs. 

Michael Phillips -- thinks they like Lock over Haskins and Jay isn't a Haskins guy.  They'd trade up for Murray if they can.

Finlay:  they like Lock -- the debate more is who is their 3rd favorite QB with some in the building preferring Jones and some Haskins.  They'd trade up for Murray if they can. 

Hoffman -- they take no QBs in the first except Murray. they'd consider trading up for Murray

Sheehan -- they like Lock the most.  Battle for third fav QB - same thing as Finlay.  Jay doesn't like Haskins.  If they go with Haskins than Dan spearheaded it. 

Mike Jones -- he knows there are people in the building who like Haskins and some in that building who don't -- friction about him as a player.  Jay doesn't like Haskins.   Dan falls in love with big name QBs and if they take him its because Dan-Bruce had to have him.  They won't trade up. 

Ben Standig -- agrees with Hoffman that they don't take a QB.  If it ends up QB then Bruce-Dan likely made the call and if then its likely Haskins. 

Keim:  they'd take Haskins if he falls to 15.  Saying its "upper upper management" who loves Haskins.   Sheehan then asked by that do you mean:  Bruce-Dan-Doug?  Keim answered "yes".  He doesn't think they like Lock at 15 but would consider if they traded back and he's there.    He said Haskins isn't the #2 QB with everyone in that FO.   He knows some in the FO like Jones.  He seemed to hint or guess that Haskins isn't Kyle Smith's #2.  

Chris Russell:  Haskins is Bruce-Dan's guy.  Some in that building strongly disagree with them. 

They all think though they ultimately don't trade up, more likely to trade down.  So they are at odds with the national reporters on it. 

If you follow the Giants bread crumbs its equally confusing and mixed.  So like I said yesterday both teams have done a masterful job to be confusing as heck.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, nonniey said:

There are better players in the class. Williams, Bosa, Allen, White are some of them.

Wait a minute if Murray isn't there who the heck are you trading Trent for??????

Dwayne Haskins.

That's who....

How many games were missed by injury to a lineman in New England in the passed 5 years compared to Washington? I see stats like, never missed a game. Haha. We haven’t had that since samuels and Jansen. A lack of injuries and the GOAT at qb help. Can’t compare  

• Like 1