Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

Keim saying "some".  that feeds into the rumor that Haskins is Doug's guy -- maybe Dan.  But not Jay.    Again it could be a pure smoke screen so i am not suggesting its for sure the case.  The Jay point doesn't take a lot of imagination.  Sheehan said multiple times he heard Jay doesn't think highly of Haskins.  but then you add in Jay's comment that he'd want a Qb who can help him now where he falt out said Drew Lock is an example of someone who can do than and Haskins is an example of someone who can't. 

For those (and we got plenty) who love Haskins here.  I'd love to be sold on his feet in the pocket and the idea that he'd get sacked a lot in the NFL is crazy.   I get he's a big name who put up big numbers for a big school.  From that context, it's a sexy pick.  But what I can't get over watching him is that he has slow feet and lumbers in the pocket.  Can you get away with that in the NFL.  I get Tom Brady isn't fast but his footwork moving laterally around the pocket is amazing.  I don't see that in Haskins.    I am a big arm strength guy so I can hang my hat on that and his arm motion is quick.  But I'd just send the house on this dude.  And clamp down on his love for the short underneath throws -- mesh concept stuff by keeping my middle linebackers zoned into that since its by a mile his wheelhouse-go to strength.   I saw PFF the other day compare him to Sam Bradford as for his strengths and weaknesses if you dive deeper into his numbers.  I can see that maybe. 

Just now, lavar1156 said:

No Haskins please.

Part of me wonders if Haskins might be a good pick just because he is the anti-workout warrior. Before the Combine, Haskins was dueling for the number one QB position and some thought he might be better than Murray. Well, after all the microanalysis, it turns out he's a bum. How often do we see highly productive guys on the field get downgraded because of their lack of athleticism and then come the Fall be great?

On the other hand, I'm firmly in the "Don't draft a QB in the first round" camp.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh so Russini is at Redskins Park.  I am not a Bruce guy as I've made clear to death on the FO thread.  But I do think he has it in him to misdirect people.  So I'd mess with Russini to spread misinformation. 😀  Hope that's the game plan. 

I have this feeling that something big will happen tomorrow if the Cardinals do not take Murray.  Maybe the Redskins make the trade with the Jets?  If the asking price is to much I think Dwayne Haskins will be the next QB.  Either way the Redskins are picking a QB.  Come on Thursday night!!

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh so Russini is at Redskins Park.  I am not a Bruce guy as I've made clear to death on the FO thread.  But I do think he has it in him to misdirect people.  So I'd mess with Russini to spread misinformation. 😀  Hope that's the game plan. 

I detest anyone who says, “make no mistake” & follows that statement with 1+1=2, I am genuinely upset that I read her QB tweet. Make no mistake, Washington wants to get better at football.

Just now, Hogs86 said:

I have this feeling that something big will happen tomorrow if the Cardinals do not take Murray.  Maybe the Redskins make the trade with the Jets?  If the asking price is to much I think Dwayne Haskins will be the next QB.  Either way the Redskins are picking a QB.  Come on Thursday night!!

Hard to imagine Murray won’t go #1, even if it’s not AZ.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I detest anyone who says, “make no mistake” & follows that statement with 1+1=2, I am genuinely upset that I read her QB tweet. Make no mistake, Washington wants to get better at football.

If it were me in the FO I'd genuinely use this as an opportunity to throw teams off the scent.  Granted I am a bit biased on the Haskins front because I don't want him.  But regardless, if I thought the Giants might want him I'd leak that I'd want him too to try to push them to trade up.

Like I said the Giants and the Redskins both have competing information out there about what Qb's they like.   If you buy that what you hear more has some value -- then Lock is the Giants guy and Haskins is the Redskins guy and Daniel Jones is the fall back or later in the draft they both like Will Grier.  Both teams linked to the same guys ironically.   Also, lots of noise that the Redskins are out on Rosen.  But who knows if that's smoke as well. 

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Part of me wonders if Haskins might be a good pick just because he is the anti-workout warrior. Before the Combine, Haskins was dueling for the number one QB position and some thought he might be better than Murray. Well, after all the microanalysis, it turns out he's a bum. How often do we see highly productive guys on the field get downgraded because of their lack of athleticism and then come the Fall be great?

On the other hand, I'm firmly in the "Don't draft a QB in the first round" camp.

No microanalysis here. 

Lock over Haskins long before the combine.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it were me in the FO I'd genuinely use this as an opportunity to throw teams off the scent.  Granted I am a bit biased on the Haskins front because I don't want him.  But regardless, if I thought the Giants might want him I'd leak that I'd want him too to try to push them to trade up.

Like I said the Giants and the Redskins both have competing information out there about what Qb's they like.   If you buy that what you hear more has some value -- then Lock is the Giants guy and Haskins is the Redskins guy and Daniel Jones is the fall back or later in the draft they both like Will Grier.  Both teams linked to the same guys ironically.   Also, lots of noise that the Redskins are out on Rosen.  But who knows if that's smoke as well. 

Washington probably knows who NY likes from college coaches, they will generally have a decent idea where their kids are wanted most, the depth of the checks will be more in depth & the coaches will know what those things reveal. 

18 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

I'd quibble.

That's exactly what your post was, because it's not addressing the same thing I brought up.

What you described is not targeting a position of need. It's using analytics to determine the best position groups to target. I'm not taking a punter in the first round unless that son of a **** can punt it 20-99 yards and get it to stop wherever he wants every... single... time.

I agree completely with your post.

Rousini is reporting from Redskins park that Snyder and Allen are going to make this pick?

Hang on ... I know that's probably very much the case ... but does that not seem too blatantly out front? This SCREAMS smokescreen. It makes no sense that the day before the draft, the team would be this transparent.

God I hope it's a smokescreen.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only person worse than Greenie is Wingo. 

I agree with her, we will get Haskins because our owner, who knows nothing, is an imbecile. The only saving grace is Steve loves Haskins. 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Rousini is reporting from Redskins park that Snyder and Allen are going to make this pick?

Hang on ... I know that's probably very much the case ... but does that not seem too blatantly out front? This SCREAMS smokescreen. It makes no sense that the day before the draft, the team would be this transparent.

God I hope it's a smokescreen.

Yeah it seems so in your face that it feels that it could be laid out on purpose.   It's like the Redskins have a billboard out for wanting Haskins and apparently not wanting Rosen.  And it's coming from multiple fronts.  So either they got some big leaks in that building or misinformation laid out on purpose. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah it seems so in your face that it feels that it could be laid out on purpose.   It's like the Redskins have a billboard out for wanting Haskins and apparently not wanting Rosen.  And it's coming from multiple fronts. 

Yeah, this seems too obvious. I don't doubt we would draft Haskins if he falls to 15. Maybe even trade up to 10 or 11 for him. But i can't see us trading up to 3.

And I think we have to be in on Rosen. If we truly think we're win-now ... WHY would we be going after a guy many think needs to sit for a year ... and go for a guy in year 2 who could break out, even if in a new system?

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

As some like to say the whole riser and faller drill isn't real but instead the media draft geek types catching up with what teams are really thinking.   But who knows. 

https://nypost.com/2019/04/23/dwyane-haskins-seems-to-want-giants-but-feeling-may-not-be-mutual/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=twitter_app

Giants’ NFL draft thinking pulls them away from Dwayne Haskins

The views of Haskins, a solidly built quarterback and only a one-year starter at Ohio State, are wildly disparate. There is a large media contingent aggressively hailing him as the best quarterback in this draft. There was tremendous early hype, but more recently there are vibes he is not in a high spot on many draft boards. Haskins himself is unafraid to build himself up on social media, but always in a respectful manner.

It sure looks as if the Giants can sit at No. 6 and Haskins will be there for the taking. It is not believed they will do so. The Giants also own the No. 17 overall pick.

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So it's starting to smell more and more like the Skins are going to draft Haskins if he comes to them at 15... Or are they willing to trade up to get him?.. just the smell of Snyder getting his fingers in it is cause for concern..

I can live with them blowing a first round pick if Haskins ends up a bust.  I wouldn't like Haskins at 15 but won't go nuts if they do it.  But if they trade up for either him or Daniel Jones and give up high draft capital to do it -- to me by a mile its the worst thing they can do.  It would ruin my night tomorrow.  😧

I am not panicked though right now that they do it.  Like I said yesterday this week is the misinformation week on steroids.  I recall us supposedly loving Gabbert and that getting hot draft week -- on draft day according to one report they'd go with Eric Berry.  on and on.    

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

If we take a QB at #15 it's time to burn the place down. Definition of forcing it. I just know we're going to do it though. 

Hmm. I don't think I agree with this if it is Haskins or Lock, necessarily. Both of those have traits to be franchise guys.

I still think the perfect scenario would be to trade 46 for Rosen (Haskins being a smokescreen) and trading from 15 to the latter parts of R1 and getting a WR and an extra 2 or 3.

You have ot have a dance partner, and we didn't get one last year when we wanted to move off #13. But we did find one in R2, so who knows.

Archived