Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Did anyone dive into Rosen last year.  I watched him some, took him in the board's mock ironically.  But I got to refresh myself.  Hoffman also said he was told they really liked him.

Two HUGE concerns with Rosen is he's had multiple concussions and his attitude is in question.  I hope we don't send our 1st for Rosen.  I hope we don't trade for the guy.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Two HUGE concerns with Rosen is he's had multiple concussions and his attitude is in question.  I hope we don't send our 1st for Rosen.  I hope we don't trade for the guy.  

thanks.  I know about both and talked about it the other day.  Talking more about him as a player.  The consensus of draft geeks seem to be that Rosen is better than any Qb in this draft sans Murray.  Jeremaih talking about it as we speak.  I got to go back and rewatch him.  

McSorley's 40 time surprised me.  He's fast but that 40 was nearly perfect.  Perfect balance throughout the first 20 yards and just a really smooth transition out of his drive.  He's got some track talent, I didn't know that about him.  He must have trained really well for the drill.

Daniel Jones's 40 was the opposite.  He ran a slow time and it was a direct result of bad balance and flexibility out of his stance.  He's stiff looking and looked like he only got four or five drive steps in.  He is definitely not a track athlete.

Wondering what happened with Ta'amu's 40 too.  He shouldn't have run slower than Lock and Finley.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

thanks.  I know about both and talked about it the other day.  Talking more about him as a player.  The consensus of draft geeks seem to be that Rosen is better than any Qb in this draft sans Murray.  Jeremaih talking about it as we speak.  I got to go back and rewatch him.  

The guy is good no doubt.  If we traded a 2nd round pick for him, I'd be OK but not our 1st round.  I hope someone else drafts him.  Those two concerns are why I want a pass in all likelihood. 

Love Isabella.  You know this SIP. :)  I have been hyping him for awhile now.  He just jumped himself into the late 1st early 2nd round IMO.

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Has he had any concussions since he left college?  If not, then I might be willing to take a flier.  But, he's damaged goods if the Cardinals are trying to get rid of him.  They might demand the first round pick but I'd want their second in return (basically valuing him as a mid 2nd rounder).  He was a mid first round pick but he has one fewer year on his rookie contract so he's worth less than this year's first round pick.  I think with the Cardinal's 2nd round pick the Skins could still get a player that everyone would like.  Or, use it to trade down into the middle of the second round and pick up a lower third round pick.  Pick up good value players with 2 2nd round and 3 3rd round picks.  

Just now, PlayAction said:

Has he had any concussions since he left college?  If not, then I might be willing to take a flier.  But, he's damaged goods if the Cardinals are trying to get rid of him.  They might demand the first round pick but I'd want their second in return (basically valuing him as a mid 2nd rounder).  He was a mid first round pick but he has one fewer year on his rookie contract so he's worth less than this year's first round pick.

Not that I know of but suffered 3 at UCLA.

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Problem is he isn't as big as Calvin Johnson was and he didn't produce anywhere close to either of them.  At this stage, he's still a one dimensional player who has essentially only run two routes.  As such, I don't think he's got top five value.  But he should go first half of the first based on upside.

No he isn't a Megatron level guy, but pretty much nobody is. Calvin Johnson was a generational, if not historical, talent in multiple ways and it's unlikely we'll see someone like that again any time soon. Out of college he was 6'5 239 with a 42.5 inch vertical, a 4.35 40 time, and was also a very good route runner and top notch hard working and humble guy. Those kinds of combinations just don't really happen.

But Metcalf is definitely not super far off as far as being a pure physical freak. That being said, I noted that I think he's probably a lock as a top 10 pick and possibly even top 5, not that I necessarily value him there. I probably wouldn't pick him top 5, but he certainly has some crazy upside and teams fall in love with those physical freaks.

I'm also generally wary of big time late risers in the draft process. Guys who suddenly rocket up to the top of the charts due to a couple of things late in the game...whether it's a picture of a guy without his shirt on looking ripped or insane combine physical attributes. From the beginning of the 2006 collegiate season pretty much everyone knew that Calvin Johnson was the best WR in the country and was going to be at least a top 10 pick in the draft, no questions asked (barring major injury). Not the same with Metcalf. He was pretty much always on the radar but it's not until late in the process that he's being considered as such a high pick.

3 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Has he had any concussions since he left college?  If not, then I might be willing to take a flier.  But, he's damaged goods if the Cardinals are trying to get rid of him.  They might demand the first round pick but I'd want their second in return (basically valuing him as a mid 2nd rounder).  He was a mid first round pick but he has one fewer year on his rookie contract so he's worth less than this year's first round pick. 

I wouldn't give up more than a third for him.  Buyer's market on a damaged goods QB who is coming off an awful rookie season and whose team has to trade him.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wouldn't give up more than a third for him.  Buyer's market on a damaged goods QB who is coming off an awful rookie season and whose team has to trade him.

It would be a Allen move no doubt if this happens.  I hope it doesn't.  Start fresh with a QB who has a clean injury history and not major ones such as Rosen.  His attitude is less than desirable.  Google on the guy and you'll find out what I'm talking about in both cases.  

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'd give up a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. I really don't see him as damaged goods, however him having a concussion history in college is a legit worry. That being said, I don't think he had as awful a rookie season as some make it out to be. It wasn't a good one, but it wasn't god-awful by rookie standards. Yeah he threw more picks than TDs but it was 11-14 so not by a huge margin. Add in to that the fact that he easily had one of the worst OLs in the league and was sacked 45 times.

IMO as a prospect he was more experienced and polished than any QB in this year's draft and came from a more pro-style system. Not to mention he also had 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years in college and 2 OCs in just one season in the NFL. Rosen is young, talented, still early in his rookie deal, and likely ready to go from day 1. Murray, Haskins, and Lock may have more upside (well, mostly Murray TBH...I'm really not sold on Haskins and Lock) but will also probably have steeper learning curves.

And I'm not all that worried about Rosen's character. From what I remember reading he's an outspoken guy who will tell you what he thinks but he's a hard worker, good leader, and not some diva. 

We had a really good draft in 2014.

But when you think about it, it could have just been luck - because that draft was just oozing in talent, that is was hard to miss in 2014.

Pretty much everyone had at least a decent draft that year, since it was so stacked.

Too bad we didn't have a #1 pick that year. We could have gotten a REAL stud.

A look at just how thick that draft was...

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

By time we've traded for Rosen and AB, this place will be a wasteland until day 3 of the draft.

No chance I would trade for AB, but if we could send our 2019 2nd rounder and 2020 3rd rounder for Rosen I would be ecstatic.

I posted this mock about a month ago.  I originally had Adderley in the 2nd and Jarrett Stidham in the 3rd but it could possibly still shake out like this....if we could pull this off then I think we could be contenders very soon.  Very excited to hear this talk about Rosen, I just hope it's not for a first round pick.

Round 1:  DK Metcalf  WR  Ole Miss

Round 2:  **TRADE** Josh Rosen  QB  Cardinals

Round 3:  Nasir Adderley  FS  Deleware

Round 3:  Garrett Bradbury  C  NC State

Round 5:  Ryan Bates  OT/OG  Penn State

Round 5:  Porter Gustin  OLB  USC

Round 6:  Tyler Clark  DT  Georgia

Round 7:  Myles Gaskin  RB  Washington

Round 7:  Ulysees Gilbert  ILB  Akron

Considering Rosen would be free for 2019 and off our books it is a no brainer. Not having to pay him in his first year here would free up more salary cap room for players like Collins or P Smith. If that costs our first rounder than so be it. Otherwise give them a second and Jordan Reed. It would be a perfect solution to the conundrum A Smiths injury has put us in.

47 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Considering Rosen would be free for 2019 and off our books it is a no brainer. Not having to pay him in his first year here would free up more salary cap room for players like Collins or P Smith. If that costs our first rounder than so be it. Otherwise give them a second and Jordan Reed. It would be a perfect solution to the conundrum A Smiths injury has put us in.

That's a great idea....Reed and a 2nd rounder would be a great deal for both parties.

Archived