Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

Was it David Boston who washed out of the NFL because he spent all his time body building instead of focusing on getting better as a WR?

He was a beast for a few years but he was on the juice and his body broke down on him.

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim now getting into Kyler.  I like it.

Some analyst on the radio last week (forgot name) said that Murray is a better version of Lamar Jackson.

I will also add that I have heard some on the radio about his height but for me that is a non-issue. I am pretty sure Murray knows how to handle himself in that regards anyway. I wouldn't mind if we got him in the draft since he has been talked/compared with Brees and Wilson. :)

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Kingsbury has a good track record with Keenum . Long way back though. Maybe the Cards bring in a Keenum as a vet to work along Rosen and that really takes Murray out of that spotlight.

Well, Arizona isn’t going to pass on a guy they’d replace Rosen with because suddenly Keenum is available. If you like Murray enough to take him 1, Keenum is likely irrelevant. I certainly appreciate your logic, but the decision to pass on Murray, if you liked him that much, would likely be propelled by more than Case...maybe if you included jojo, because if you’re feenin for Kyler, you can probably take Kilffs money, his house and his car.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Well, Arizona isn’t going to pass on a guy they’d replace Rosen with because suddenly Keenum is available. If you like Murray enough to take him 1, Keenum is likely irrelevant. I certainly appreciate your logic.

Dont disagree here, just putting out a potential scenario. 

I also think this might see Elway focus heavily on taking Lock and then sitting him behind Flacco for a couple of seasons. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Dont disagree here, just putting out a potential scenario. 

I also think this might see Elway focus heavily on taking Lock and then sitting him behind Flacco for a couple of seasons. 

Trade Rosen, bring in Case & Kyler. Perhaps the perfect QB room for the franchise.

50 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Kingsbury has a good track record with Keenum . Long way back though. Maybe the Cards bring in a Keenum as a vet to work along Rosen and that really takes Murray out of that spotlight.

As the quality control coach?

25 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

No, that was LaRon Landry who washed out at Safety.

LaRon Landry washed out of the NFL because he was afraid of surgery.  It was likely that fear along with the failure of certain natural methods for dealing with an achilles problem that got him hooked on 'roids.

5 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

LaRon Landry washed out of the NFL because he was afraid of surgery.  It was likely that fear along with the failure of certain natural methods for dealing with an achilles problem that got him hooked on 'roids.

I was saying it kind of tongue in cheek because we always got on Landry for being more concerned with his weight lifting than his actual play on the field.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Yes. Stats mean slightly less to me than most cryptocurrencies. 

Keep in mind that in 2017, the Hokies gave up less than 200 yds/game passing, 1.2 TDs/game. It was Griers first game playing for WVU and he performed twice as well as the rest of Techs opponents. You watched the game and I didn't. I only am looking at the summary and cryptocurrency. But still, that's not quite nauseatingly bad...is it??

Source:https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/virginia-tech/2017.html

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Doesn't stop them from drafting a QB in the 1st round this year to develop.  Hopefully, they don't.

What? I want them to draft a QB in the 1st. The more drafted in the 1st the better imo as that helps us this year and next (as long as we're not one of the teams that draft a QB this year).

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Keep in mind that in 2017, the Hokies gave up less than 200 yds/game passing, 1.2 TDs/game. It was Griers first game playing for WVU and he performed twice as well as the rest of Techs opponents. You watched the game and I didn't. I only am looking at the summary and cryptocurrency. But still, that's not quite nauseatingly bad...is it??

Source:https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/virginia-tech/2017.html

Nauseating for a college QB? Certainly not. Nauseating that we may draft him, to me, absolutely. Grier was a strong college QB, but the thought of us investing 2-4 years trying to develop him is more than my weary soul can handle. I didn’t think he was a bad QB in that game, just that he’s not an nfl prospect, imo; much less one that evaluators should have in their top 5 QBs — 1) Jones, 2) Murray, 3) Haskins and 4) Lock are all likely to be gone when we pick — thus, nausea.

If we draft him, I’ll be a fan. Until then, all I can think is, QB’s in the mirror may be closer than they appear.

Murray is RG3 2.0. He may come out of the gate lighting the league on fire with his speed. Yes, he can throw a great ball. But half of his game is reliant on running.  He is small, and with his size he is one hit away from being side lined. The last thing the Redskins need is another QB watching from the sidelines with a bummed knee or leg. Stay far far far far away from this pick!

13 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Murray is RG3 2.0. He may come out of the gate lighting the league on fire with his speed. Yes, he can throw a great ball. But half of his game is reliant on running.  He is small, and with his size he is one hit away from being side lined. The last thing the Redskins need is another QB watching from the sidelines with a bummed knee or leg. Stay far far far far away from this pick!

Agreed, if we couldn’t keep one of the healthiest QBs in football upright then Murray is DOA

Jones is a Day 2 "project" IMO, not a prospect.   I don't want him.  Let the Dolphin's have him.  He will be worse then Tannehill.   I am not excited about any of these guys.   I don't want Murray either.  He IS RG3 2.0 as many are pointing out.  Must we pick any of these guys?  Of course BA will.  Geez.  I guess it is too early to guess at our record next year.

2 hours ago, skins2victory said:

The last thing the Redskins need is another QB watching from the sidelines with a bummed knee or leg. Stay far far far far away from this pick!

Alex Smith, Sanchez & Colt 2.0.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Agreed, if we couldn’t keep one of the healthiest QBs in football upright then Murray is DOA

By your logic, we should play without a QB. I’m in. 

21 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Jones is a Day 2 "project" IMO, not a prospect.   I don't want him.  Let the Dolphin's have him.  He will be worse then Tannehill.   I am not excited about any of these guys.   I don't want Murray either.  He IS RG3 2.0 as many are pointing out.  Must we pick any of these guys?  Of course BA will.  Geez.  I guess it is too early to guess at our record next year.

What would you like to see us do? Hold out for 2020? I’m in. 

@volsmet Every QB has that unlucky chance of getting hurt, it is the risk every player takes when taking the field. But the risk is going to increase with running QB's. They are prone to taking more hits. Top that off with Murry's small stature, making him less likely to be able to sustain numerous hits game in and game out.  Long term this is a recipe for disaster when trying to find a new face of the franchise. He may or may not get a major injury in his career. But after all our franchise has been through lately, that is a risk we would be better off not taking.

23 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

@volsmet Every QB has that unlucky chance of getting hurt, it is the risk every player takes when taking the field. But the risk is going to increase with running QB's. They are prone to taking more hits. Top that off with Murry's small stature, making him less likely to be able to sustain numerous hits game in and game out.  Long term this is a recipe for disaster when trying to find a new face of the franchise. He may or may not get a major injury in his career. But after all our franchise has been through lately, that is a risk we would be better off not taking.

Luck has suffered more severe injuries than RG3.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Luck has suffered more severe injuries than RG3.

But who is still playing?? RG3 is a running QB who relies on his legs, that knee ruined his career. Luck is not a running QB there for can sustain a longer career. Luck is still playing at a very high level. Is RG3??

57 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

But who is still playing?? RG3 is a running QB who relies on his legs, that knee ruined his career. Luck is not a running QB there for can sustain a longer career. Luck is still playing at a very high level. Is RG3??

Show me a list of successful running style QB's that have had long careers. They are very few and far between. The list of successful non running style QB's would be about 20 times longer. 

This conversation is getting off topic for this thread. I feel that it would be a terrible decision for our franchise to draft a running QB, not alone a very small statured one at that. @volsmet if you think Murry's the prospect for us, then we see  things very differently. But i am sure going to hope that our franchise doesn't make that risky decision.

Archived