Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

From Brewer's article that just twist my stomach over the Haskins pick:

Haskins is talented, but he's a terrible fit here, another square peg wedged into a round hole becuase of a familial tie--let's be honest if he didn't play with Snyder's son, would there be this much demand for him? 

He requires patience and coaching. Not sure which we have less of.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/04/26/redskins-selection-dwayne-haskins-deserves-pat-back-healthy-dose-skepticism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6497ef6d36f4

I think Brewer is a hater, plain and simple. Too much negativity in his article.

Don't think Haskins is a bad fit here. He was arguably the best QB in the draft. Think some are mislead on the Snyder's son/Haskins connection. Don't think they played together.  Thought they just went to the same school at different times. I'll have to double check that. 

I wanted O-line, but can't be mad at getting the top QB IMO. Now, we need to get him some weapons and some O-Lne protection. 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Fully agree with you on the safeties (love Adderly) and CB's but must ask, why is Ya Sin so low? I think I would have them Murphy, Love Ya Sin, Long and Wiliams equal.

I’d add Layne and Oruwariye in the mix there, though I’d have to back and watch all these guys if I were looking at fit for the ‘Skins.  

53 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I liked him a lot pre-combine. He'll need to be a bit of a black swan, in that Keenan Allen/Anquan Boldin mold, and I'm terrified of him at a discount, as I was of Brown at a premium. If Harmon is there at 96 or round 4, he'd be worth it. My concern is nothing sticks out in the profile. The one and only thing I like is that he produced all 3 seasons, he put up a solid freshman year, he improved as a sophmore and produced a legit season, and then put together his best breakout performance as a 21 year old sophmore. As such he's interesting. How'd he do it? Physicality. How'd he do it without quetzalcoatl wings/arms? there reasonably long, but not overly so. Maybe he just did it with "want it" more than the other guy. Which makes him very interesting indeed. 

From my observation the dude plays with ferocity especially as to contested catches.  His style reminds me a lot of Harry.   But he also gets open.   I saw one draft geek type say he struggles to separate but I don't see that.  He's open a lot.  How does he do it?  That's hard to see without having coaches tape.  I'd guess he's good at how he stems his routes but he finds a way.  Somehow with his pedestrian speed he also gets open deep.    He was one of the more fun guys to watch at receiver.  I've probably watched give or take 18 receivers now.  And I was surprised he was fun to watch. 

43 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Yikes... bad news for KC regarding Tyreek Hill.  The child abuse case was reopened by investigators. He's been suspended indefinitely by the team.

Good. Football has no meaning at all when someone is beating up a child. The recording was disgusting and disturbing to say the least.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good. Football has no meaning at all when someone is beating up a child. The recording was disgusting and disturbing to say the least.

Hes done, he wont find work in the NFL. If the Skins even consider him, I'll quit being a fan until this regime is gone. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

.... We could have had DK Metcalf at 46 if we'd stayed put.  I have high hopes for Montez Sweat, but that stings a little.

Love Metcalf but theres enough value at WR that I wouldn't lose sleep. The talent at edge rusher hit a bit of a cliff after Sweat imo.

5 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Love Metcalf but theres enough value at WR that I wouldn't lose sleep. The talent at edge rusher hit a bit of a cliff after Sweat imo.

Was no way to know that DK would still be there at 46 either.  This has been a very strange WR class.  It's like the hose is kinked up because everyone thinks they can wait another round to get someone.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

So a 2020 1st and our late 3rd for Houston’s 2nd and 2020 2nd to pick up DK? Would you pull that kind of trigger? He’s not falling past KC

Heck no!

Next year's WR class is LOADED.  

Archived