Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys' DLine nickname...the...um....Hot Boys

3 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Well if it means we will have a number 2 overall defense in the NFL, then we need to come up with a laughable name for our defense immediately.

Yeah, like it's the name that's behind their ranking lol...even Cowboys fans hate the name, They may love the defensive results but many still cringe while they cheer. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Kinda hard to laugh at it while they’re in 1st in the division and playing pretty good football on defense. 

Nobody WAS laughing lately lol...hell, I even forgot I created this thread. It got bumped by someone in an effort to say we are eating crow, which we aren't doing because the idiocy of the nickname is not contingent upon the defense playing poorly.

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You yourself said “the nickname is still laughable” which would suggest you probably still think it’s funny :P 

I think the nickname is, absolutely lol...but I didn't think it was laughable because I thought the players sucked. It's just a terrible, laughable, cringe-worthy nickname.

Back during RG3's Rookie of the Year campaign in 2012 when he was lighting up the league, someone called him "Bobby three-sticks"...I almost vomited from the stupidity of that nickname lol...didn't matter if he was playing incredibly well and leading the team to a division title.

16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I think the nickname is, absolutely lol...but I didn't think it was laughable because I thought the players sucked. It's just a terrible, laughable, cringe-worthy nickname.

Back during RG3's Rookie of the Year campaign in 2012 when he was lighting up the league, someone called him "Bobby three-sticks"...I almost vomited from the stupidity of that nickname lol...didn't matter if he was playing incredibly well and leading the team to a division title.

To be fair, it would have been more accurate if they called him "Bobby four-sticks", what with the crutches and all. :evil:

On December 18, 2018 at 7:16 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Not really. They are only one game ahead of us and havnt had the injuries we have had. Wr crushed their Oline in our first game this year....

Their O-line coach was fired since we played them the first time and they play totally different with the new blocking scheme.  We couldn't do squat with them the second game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 12:17 PM, Califan007 said:

Those were the days. 

My nickname i made up never caught on but was better: 

Bobby Digital 

Implied a whole leap in development from analog

Was a RZA solo album/alter ego reference

• 2 months later...

Followed by Dallas fans comments lol....

"No one wants to be a Hot Boyz. What an awful name. Embarrassing "

"The name is stupid to begin with."

"The name seriously needs to be ditched, it sounds like the name of a Duran Duran song or something."

"Actually, Duran Duran is better than that and more intelligent. I'd say it sounds like something......a complete and utter moron would come up with."

"I wonder what’s more embarrassing for a name, Taco or Hot Boyz? I’ll go with Hot Boyz, it’s dreadful, an embarrassment and a disgrace."

"What does it take to become a member of the HotBoyz? (btw, what a gay name for the DL, sounds like a boy band)"

"You shouldn’t have a nickname until you win something of significance"

21 hours ago, bh32 said:

I can't believe they are paying Lawrence 21 mil a year..No way in hell is that guy worth that kind of money

Personally, I think it's another exceptional deal for both the Cowboys and Tank Lawrence. 

How many more LE's do you know that are not only great against the run but can rush the pasher to the level he can? You're talking Reggie White/ Michael Strahan/ Khalil Mack rare.  (Not comparing the players. Just the calibre of dual-threat RE's.). 

Dude's 26, a locker room leader, and one of the top 5 pass rushers in the league. From LE. Dallas now have top calibre pro-bowlers both sides of their D-line who have combined for 40 sacks the last two seasons. 

$21 million seems right were it needs to be for that. 

I don't like it but that Cowboys D has gone from really good to taking a massive step toward being elite this off-season. 

Hail. 

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Personally, I think it's another exceptional deal for both the Cowboys and Tank Lawrence. 

How many more LE's do you know that are not only great against the run but can rush the pasher to the level he can? You're talking Reggie White/ Michael Strahan/ Khalil Mack rare.  (Not comparing the players. Just the calibre of dual-threat RE's.). 

Dude's 26, a locker room leader, and one of the top 5 pass rushers in the league. From LE. Dallas now have top calibre pro-bowlers both sides of their D-line who have combined for 40 sacks the last two seasons. 

I don't like it but that Cowboys D has gone from really good to taking a massive step toward being elite this off-season. 

Hail. 

I do think that was a ton of $ for Lawrence, but I think the Cowboys had to do it if they consider themselves to be legit contenders.  They tagged him last year to see if he was a one year wonder, or the real deal.  He came out and had another great season, so that needs to be rewarded.  

Dallas does seem to have great potential on D.  Quinn is a guy who could be a great fit.  The Cowboys also seem to think there is a very good chance Gregory gets reinstated this year.  It sounds like he didn't actually have a relapse or a missed/failed drug test, just a minor infraction of one of the rules for his program (though nobody knows for sure).  He will always be a guy that you can't assume will be available, but is a bonus when he is there.  

If guys like LVE, Jaylon Smith, and Byron Jones replicate what they did last year (or improve), the Cowboys could have a very special D.  On the other hand, there are no guarantees that players won't regress or miss a bunch of time with injuries.

Edit: just to add... The hot boys is about the dumbest name I can think of for a group... But I hope the fact that people laugh at them because of it makes them go into every game feeling they have to shut up the haters. 🙂

43 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

He just isn't Dominant for what he is being paid.. 

13 hours ago, bh32 said:

He just isn't Dominant for what he is being paid.. 

He’d of been getting $20 million on the tag. He’s getting right around what he shoukd be getting in this market.

I don’t get, save for it being Dallas, how re-signing one of their own, and one of the best pass rushers in football, who’s a freaky dual threat LE at that; can be construed as ‘bad’ in any way, shape, or form?

Hail.

What he is being paid is QB money and that is too much for a guy that dosen't take over a game..He had 10 1/2 sacks last year which is average..All his sacks came against garbage ass right tackles and then disappeared when he had to play against better Tackles.. 

Archived