Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

Never understood the big deal about retiring numbers or fans not wanting another player to wear a certain number as it takes nothing away from the original player who wore it. However, AP should just wear something else, your number 28 is a Vikings thing. 

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Never understood the big deal about retiring numbers or fans not wanting another player to wear a certain number as it takes nothing away from the original player who wore it. However, AP should just wear something else, your number 28 is a Vikings thing. 

Typically, it’s not a big deal to me.  But Darrell Green is pretty much the exception to the rule here.  He’s right there on the Mt. Rushmore of Redskins beside Joe Gibbs and probably Art Monk.  Atleast in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Typically, it’s not a big deal to me.  But Darrell Green is pretty much the exception to the rule here.  He’s right there on the Mt. Rushmore of Redskins beside Joe Gibbs and probably Art Monk.  Atleast in my lifetime.

I definitely get the thought behind it.

Not even close to this guy anymore but this guy was impressive.

33 minutes ago, dyst said:

I definitely get the thought behind it.

Not even close to this guy anymore but this guy was impressive.

I don’t expect to see that guy.  He was a bad man.

But he’s decisive and savvy and could see him run wild on poor defenses and still pose a problem in short yardage against good ones.

Another thing, I can’t imagine he needs that vet min salary nor does he expect to earn a LTD for his performance.  I think he’s a dog that still knows he can play and that’s why he’s here.

Yeah, I think the most intriguing thing about this signing is that for the amount, and where he signed, its obvious that he just still loves football and wants to play. He just wanted another chance to play and run people over, despite his successful career and huge bank account. That mindset in the RB room and on the field is going to be good even if he's half-washed up. 

3 hours ago, TheShredder said:

I've watched all the news play out so far on the AP signing and inside sources said the Redskins were 'Amazed' by AP's workout and 'Blew them away'. Not happy or impressed, but Blew them away!?  

I won't be surprised if AP comes in and beats out Kelly and we'll see Kelly/Perine as the 1B - RB's going into Week 1.  

In looking back at AP's last 2 years, he's not carried much.  NO didn't use him as they promised and that soured early.  AZ had one of the worst OL's in football last year and AP managed to get going a couple of times, displaying he had some left in the tank.  

I will be surprised if he isn't on the Week 1 roster and also not surprised if he shares in the starting role.  Not going to speculate past that, but it's interesting to watch.   

Anything is possible. I'm sure Trent Williams will be there to help out and tell him to 'Check your Ego Amigo!"  

Who said AD blew the Redskins away with his workout?

NFL Rushing Yards Per Game, All-Time (minimum 750 rushing attempts)
1. Jim Brown, 104.3 2. Barry Sanders, 99.8 3. Terrell Davis, 97.5 4. Adrian Peterson, 92.3 5. Eric Dickerson, 90.8 6. Walter Payton, 88.0 7. Clinton Portis, 87.8 8. Le'Veon Bell, 86.1 9. Billy Sims, 85.1 10. Curtis Martin, 83.9

AD AP says he's fully healthy and still one of the best backs in the league. I predict 1,200 yards, 4.5 yds per carry and 12 touchdowns this season to go along with the comeback player of the year award!

:redskins-3908:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/20/how-much-gas-does-adrian-peterson-have-left-in-the-tank/amp/

Regardless, it’s still not wise to doubt Peterson, who has proven time and again that he can do his best work when observers are predicting the worst.

6 hours ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

I believe "AD" Peterson's heart was in the right place in regards to spanking his son, unfortunately he went overboard and left welts, I'm sure he's learned from that and moved on. Spanking instills discipline imo, but can't get to crazy with it.

I don't think you need to be spanked to have discipline instilled in you. I was never spanked as a child, and I haven't been arrested recently. 

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I don't think you need to be spanked to have discipline instilled in you. I was never spanked as a child, and I haven't been arrested recently. 

Good to hear. But I've seen, on numerous occasions soft parenting and kids that disrespect and run roughshod over their parents. A spanking would quickly put an end to that lol. 

I must have forgotten about this, but apparently there was another Adrian Peterson,  who played for the Bears and was also an RB.     Exact same spelling too :-)  Despite never being a regular starter with a career high of 510 rushing yards (in 2007, AD's rookie year) he managed to last 7 years in the league, from 2002-2009

Archived