Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

If you're a Cardinals fan, how are you liking this signing?  Obviously AP was motivated in his first game with the Cards last year after being traded.  He got going and put in some strong work.  

TOCG (The Other Coach Gruden = Jay), will have better options with AP behind Alex Smith vs Kelly or Perine.  At least in the Cards game week 1 nobody will know how TOCG (The Other Coach Gruden) will use him.  

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Good interview with him and Larry after signing.  Seems like his relationship with Trent definitely helped us land him.

https://t.co/lUql9WMOgy

Bold prediction:  He punishes his old team in week 1, gets his 100th career TD, and plays a big role in helping us secure a win in Arizona. 

Anything after that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

I really like that interview, thanks. I hope it works out for more than just some carries in the preseason, and am excited to see what he's got left. :) 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Beat a 4 yo until his stomach bleeds. Thats abuse. You wouldn't want your feed animals beaten like that. 

Overlook it because he's good at a game you like. Thats it. 

Justify it because people use to do it more. Thats severely idiotic. Like putting leaches on people for fever. 

So do you not believe in forgiveness at all?  How long does he need to suffer for his mistakes?  Or should he just have a scarlet AP on his forehead?

It was a reallly REALLY ****ed up. thing AP did with his kid. He probably had the same or similar done to him. He had an incredibly ****ed up childhood (not an excuse AT ALL, but definitely one of the mitigating circumstances) 

I am willing to move on if the mother of the child, all involved social workers and those close to him are as well. Its not my business really. I was absolutely disgusted by those pictures of his kid at the time... :(

A few interesting numbers:

Peterson is 3 yards from passing Faulk for #11 on the all time rushing list.

He needs 36 yards to knock Jim Brown out of the top 10 all time (it will be sad to see Brown out of the top 10).

As for last season, Peterson had negative yards for the season on 3rd/4th and short.  Though this was on only 5 attempts.  He got one 1st down in those attempts.

10 minutes ago, stareRoid said:

Don’t forget that prior to his “abuse case” AP was dealing with the death of his 2 year old.

I’m not condoning his actions but he is a human being and he may not have been in the right state mentally.

I don't feel like it's our place to judge, tbh. I'm staying out of that stuff, so long as there is nothing currently foul going on with a player. 

OK, I turn my back for 2 days and THIS HAPPENS?!

Today's society is a far cry from when some of us grew up. Back then, parental discipline was almost required to keep some of us in line.

Now, I do not in any way shape or form agree at all in the magnitude of his 'parenting', but I completely understand his logic; yes, he did go too far, but from what I gather, he's tried to make amends for his actions, and that I applaud.

Its a slippery slope; today, you can't LOOK at someone without them being offended, and having them systematically destroy your life, so I can only imagine what the younger generation is thinking.

Ok enough of that.

There is 1 aspect that no one is thinking about, and that is the mentoring ability AP has to the other backs here. Not only that, but the line may benefit as well from his insight; of course it does depend on how much chain the coaches give him on this. Since the Shannys left, this team has not had a quality back that can make noise, and a good running game opens up the rest of the offense, a lot.  AP has respect in this league from opponents, and it will show, especially if he starts off strong. For that, it was worth it to take a chance on him.

So I'm gonna sit back and see how he does. But I'm really gonna pay attention to how defenses react to him and what he still has left in the tank.

This was a benefit to this team, so lets all hope he still can be a positive force for this team, in playing, and mentoring.

SIC

2 minutes ago, REDSKINS JR said:

Hell...my dad hit me with a swtch too.....he even made me go get the switch

Mine too.

Then he discovered Hot Wheels tracks. I tell you one thing, whatever I did to cause him to go for the track, I didn't do it again!

21 minutes ago, REDSKINS JR said:

Who

11 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

who was it? 

You guys aren't the first ones to ask the question, "who" ? :)

Who is De’Veon Smith? 5 things to know about the Michigan running back

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/2017-nfl-draft-deveon-smith-michigan-stats-bio

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You guys aren't the first ones to ask the question, "who" ? :)

Who is De’Veon Smith? 5 things to know about the Michigan running back

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/2017-nfl-draft-deveon-smith-michigan-stats-bio

From what I looked up and found today, he's Robert Kelley. Power runner, no quickness or speed, and questionable vision.

I'll go this route:

AP will have a better year then most expect. 1000 yards+

Lots here sell him short on his output this season. 

So book it, 1k yards plus this season.

Best OLINE he's had in years

And what most forget 

NEVER BET THE DON'T SIDE 

ON A CHAMPION...

HTTR

Just now, Morneblade said:

From what I looked up and found today, he's Robert Kelley. Power runner, no quickness or speed, and questionable vision.

Draft profile states "ample vision" Lol

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deveon-smith?id=2558076

Big back with ample vision. Plays with a feel for interior rushing lanes and is able to make multiple moves along the way. Comfortable and efficient on inside zone plays. Runs decisively. North-south runner who rarely dances. Has a late spin move and directional change to avoid square contact and fall forward. Drives legs through contact to finish. Can keep adding to rush total against arm tackles.

I've watched all the news play out so far on the AP signing and inside sources said the Redskins were 'Amazed' by AP's workout and 'Blew them away'. Not happy or impressed, but Blew them away!?  

I won't be surprised if AP comes in and beats out Kelly and we'll see Kelly/Perine as the 1B - RB's going into Week 1.  

In looking back at AP's last 2 years, he's not carried much.  NO didn't use him as they promised and that soured early.  AZ had one of the worst OL's in football last year and AP managed to get going a couple of times, displaying he had some left in the tank.  

I will be surprised if he isn't on the Week 1 roster and also not surprised if he shares in the starting role.  Not going to speculate past that, but it's interesting to watch.   

17 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I'll go this route:

AP will have a better year then most expect. 1000 yards+

Lots here sell him short on his output this season. 

So book it, 1k yards plus this season.

Best OLINE he's had in years

And what most forget 

NEVER BET THE DON'T SIDE 

ON A CHAMPION...

HTTR

Anything is possible. I'm sure Trent Williams will be there to help out and tell him to 'Check your Ego Amigo!"  

Archived