Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

15 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Probably the only bright spot this season.

Payne/Allen was nice at times as well, but I certainly can't add much...

14 hours ago, Peregrine said:

This would have been a 5-11 team without AP.  Imagining what things would have been like if he didnt just fall into our laps after we already decided we didnt need another player, is kind of scary.

So a top 5 pick...  I kid, mostly...  haha

7 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Payne/Allen was nice at times as well, but I certainly can't add much...

Allen - 8 sacks

Paynr - 5 sacks

Ioannidas - 7.5 sacks

and Kerrigan - 13 sacks

Not bad at all.  

BTW, while double checking the numbers I noticed Hamilton had 1.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.  Nice.  

If we lock Peterson down....that would be a good thing.

I seen plays with my own eyes from A Smith that had me at like what the ****?!!? but he was.... productively conservative enough to keep drives alive..so ya between Peterson and Smith we would have been lucky to win 5 games without them 

At this point, can we afford him to be well paid, though?  I question why he would even stay in this **** show, other than no one else wants him. Which begs the question, why do would need him if he isn't even good enough for a tryout on another team.  I am not the only that sees how other teams can effectively use guys that never play, the very next week. CJ Anderson. Damien. Ware. Adams... i could go on. And that is just in the past month or so.  And they posted monster games. 

I am thinking AP should be closer to league minimum vs a phat guaranteed contract.  If all goes to plan, he is a backup so his pay should reflect that. What we may need more than him is a front office smart enough to acquire RB's, or a coach that is good enough to use them to their strengths.  Not have to sneak our back in under the cover of night. Perine did great from pistol in college, yet we never use him pistol in the pros.

I am stunned there was no blowback from AP saying he still disciplines....  I suspect the Reuben Foster acquisition was a lucky diversion. It may come back to haunt him, especially if he continues to talk about it.  If he is still hitting his kids,  how badly do you really want him, or the team if they envision a little better PR in 19.  Don't answer that, its just food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, RandyHolt said:

At this point, can we afford him to be well paid, though?  I question why he would even stay in this **** show, other than no one else wants him. Which begs the question, why do would need him if he isn't even good enough for a tryout on another team.  I am not the only that sees how other teams can effectively use guys that never play, the very next week. CJ Anderson. Damien. Ware. Adams... i could go on. And that is just in the past month or so.  And they posted monster games. 

From what i can gather, AD cares about two things

1) Getting the ball

2) Getting paid

He could have stayed on the Saints as a third RB, but with the unexpected emergence of Alvin Kamara,  but (1) wasnt possible, so he demanded a trade last year despite when things started turning around for the Saints

I'd venture he could definitely make a number of rosters as a third RB.  But the Redskins (this year) were one of the few teams that were able to satisfy both his requirements.   If he starts getting outplayed by both Guice AND Thompson next year, you might have an issue. 

8 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

From what i can gather, AD cares about two things

1) Getting the ball

2) Getting paid

If he starts getting outplayed by both Guice AND Thompson next year, you might have an issue. 

If Thompson could ever stay healthy. I'm about ready to move on from Thompson and Reed. 

I think AP stays and mentors Guice, and that that is a pretty ideal solution.

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If Thompson could ever stay healthy. I'm about ready to move on from Thompson and Reed. 

I think AP stays and mentors Guice, and that that is a pretty ideal solution.

Until AP starts clamoring that he needs to be the starter.... demanding a trade.... except no one still wants him.  I want vet min for him, otherwise lets just bring in cast offs like CJ Anderson - which seems to be a dime a dozen.  Until Alex and the QB situation gets resolved financially, we are looking at being cash strapped. Nothing against AP's skills of course, we need cheap players and RB is not a place to overpay in 2019.

I too think we need a hands back. Even AP got a few catches. CT is just getting clobbered with injuries, double rib injuries this year - and I don't think the 2nd was a re-injury. Marshall and Bibbs just aren't dynamic enough to fill his role. A role that I think is still somewhat underrated yes even in the pass happy modern NFL.  Our offense suffers without him. Best case scenario is that Guice is a dual role full time back, and makes the decision easy on what to do....

6 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I dunno if that is enough to keep him healthy.  We really need to find a CT Clone to plug in for when he gets hurt again.

Finding a CT clone is probably not realistic, and it is not necessary.

We had 2 excellent backups last year, in Bibbs and Marshall.

We let one go, and now we have Marshall, who actually is close to a CT clone, since he's also injury prone.

CT is actually quoted as saying Marshall can do some things better than he can.

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Finding a CT clone is probably not realistic, and it is not necessary.

We had 2 excellent backups last year, in Bibbs and Marshall.

We let one go, and now we have Marshall, who actually is close to a CT clone, since he's also injury prone.

CT is actually quoted as saying Marshall can do some things better than he can.

Correction Bibbs was picked up by GB.  Sorry. :) 

Archived