Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

16 minutes ago, zoony said:

Im always amazed that these signings are broken by national media.  Guys covering the team 24/7 at redskins park retweet someone 3000 miles away.

Thats gotta be humiliating

If the agent gets the news out faster than the team, this is likely to happen.

On the football side, I think it's a solid signing. On the community side, I had forgot about AP's child beating incidents. I guess the question is, has he paid his debt? Is he the kind of Redskins' citizen that we want to root for?

Mixed feelings.

14 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

Total confidence in Rob Kelly.

?

Most likely, Coach Gruden will start Rob Kelly this Friday night just to make his point that signings like this (and drafting Guice) are not about a lack of faith in the RBs that were already on the roster.

It's all nonsense and coachspeak, but I believe that is what he will do.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Most likely, Coach Gruden will start Rob Kelly this Friday night just to make his point that signings like this (and drafting Guice) was not about a lack of faith in the RBs that were already on the roster.

It's all nonsense and coachspeak, but I believe that is what he will do.

I'd be surprised if AP plays or at least doubt that he will get any extensive number of carries. He'll have only been in camp a few days. Has to learn the plays, the protections, etc. I don't think it's necessary to put a vet with his kind of experience out there anyway. Let him get knocked around in practice a little and then ease him into gameshape during the season.

35 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If they couldn't move tickets before Guice was injured, they ain't moving tickets by signing AP lol...

IDK man .... I just got my first group text (mix of fam and friends) re the Skins so far this year and it was about AP signing. The last one I got was on draft day.

For my circle of 10 or so Skins fans .... this triggered excitement or at least talk from them (really just lame jokes)

39 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

If Samjae and Martez were healthy, AP would not have been signed.  Should tell you that AP is most likely just the best we could do.

Martez didn't affect the signing of AP. Guice affected the signing. 

Martez was never making this team. Literally a fight between Kelly, Perine, Thompson, Bibbs, Marshall for four roster spots. Now we add AP. That means either Kelly or Perine is gone and I just don't think it's Kelley. Jay has said they will carry a backup for Thompson on the roster. 

I’m not a fan of the move but the thing I don’t get is that Gruden said in his press conference yesterday that they were bringing guys in for physicals and really just needed a body or two to get through the preseason games. I can’t imagine Adrian Peterson would sign a contract under those pretenses. I would have to imagine he got some assurance that he will be playing a role for us this upcoming year

5 minutes ago, Guardshock said:

Martez didn't affect the signing of AP. Guice affected the signing. 

Martez was never making this team. Literally a fight between Kelly, Perine, Thompson, Bibbs, Marshall for four roster spots. Now we add AP. That means either Kelly or Perine is gone and I just don't think it's Kelley. Jay has said they will carry a backup for Thompson on the roster. 

Guice going down has even less to do with AP than Carter.

Archived