Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

True but they were all scrubs. This is a future HOFer playing same position

Breeland wore that number for four years, and he wasn't the first to wear it after Portis retired. 

You're making a big deal over nothing. Portis retired almost a decade ago and another player already played through the entirety of a rookie contract wearing his old number. This is a dumb conversation. 

17 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

I just think we might have better luck as an organization attracting better players if the FO didn't constantly play games/conspire against current/ex players who put in the time

That's not what's happening. What are you even referencing with this

Adrian Peterson avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins had the 12th best line last year.  Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention The Cardinals and The Saints employ ZBS and AP works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run.  Couple that with basically having a year off, due to his neck injury giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out here.  We'll have to wait and see?

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

Another back down after a 25+ yard run? Believing in some conspiracy is probably not so tin-foily. :rofl89:

I dunno, this **** is wacked.

1 hour ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

I like the AP signing but why do we have to mess with Portis?? He's like 1 of maybe 2 good players we've had in the last 25 years. No wonder Bruce and Dan have to imprison free agents on the planes/HQ to get them to sign here

30 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

Breeland was the definition of a scrub. I just think we might have better luck as an organization attracting better players if the FO didn't constantly play games/conspire against current/ex players who put in the time

If it comes to it, I'll be borrowing his tin foil hat. I think he's got a few to spare.:blink:

10 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

Adrian Peterson avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins had the 12th best line last year.  Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention The Cardinals and The Saints employ ZBS and AP works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run.  Couple that with basically having a year off, due to his neck injury giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out here.  We'll have to wait and see?

This is what my untrained eye saw in the runs last year that AP seemed to still have the pop to excel with. Duo type runs (that’s as far as my knowledge goes lol). He seems still to have elite cutting ability, but most likely not able to scare the 2nd level of defenses. 

Can anyone break this down more? Is this true? 

5 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

I have watched that 2017 vid I posted earlier on AD for the second time today, and the two conflicting voices are yapping at each other on each of my shoulders.

"AD's going to bring it, and stun the world with 1k yards on the ground at age 33.. catapulting the Washington offense deep into the top 10."

"Dude, he's old, and would be lucky to even make it another month before hobbling his way into a coffin; get real, chump!"

image.jpeg.40d6989bbbccbe97c3ff8c92db7fb0c8.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I have watched that 2017 vid I posted earlier on AD for the second time today, and the two conflicting voices are yapping at each other on each of my shoulders.

"AD's going to bring it, and stun the world with 1k yards on the ground at age 33.. catapulting the Washington offense deep into the top 10."

"Dude, he's old, and would be lucky to even make it another month before hobbling his way into a coffin; get real, chump!"

image.jpeg.40d6989bbbccbe97c3ff8c92db7fb0c8.jpeg

There are 3 things that stood out for me that are positive, and 2 that were negative. I'll start with the positive that I saw (I've watched like 4 times, cuz I'm goofy like that)

1. Vision: His was always elite, and it still is. Likely better than anyone on the roster.

2. He still runs very, very angry

3. His quickness is still there, his cuts are still there, and his ability to get skinny in a small hole is still there.

Now, the negatives

1. He still runs angry, but I don't think he has the power he used to. That said, he still seems to get yardage after contact. More than what I've seen out of the rest of out guys, not including Guice.

2. I didn't see the speed he used to have. That said, outside of Guise, he still might be the faster guy in the RB Room. He didn't look that slow.

So, go with the angel. Even if he's 70% of Peterson at his peak, I think he's better than what we have.

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Huh, I don't even see Alex

Because he's really out of focus.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can just imagine another injury riddled year of disappointment with old washed up players at TE, RB, QB and who knows what's next, sitting at 7-9 watching the Vikings in the playoffs laughing at us. 

Vikings are panicking right now. Their offensive line is really beat up and part of the reason Kirk struggled in his last game.

It's like the OLine woes followed him to MN.

I didnt read through this whole thread so I dont know if it has been mentioned. But AD is going to be a good mentor for Guice on his ACL recovery. I mean the dude had a 2000 yard season the year after he tore his. 

There is no disputing he is a better pure RB than anyone else on the roster right now. I hope we dont give up on Perine and cut Kelly instead. But I dont see that happening. Gruden has his pet project every year. And I think Kelly is the new Doughty on this team.

The pet project nonsense needs to stop.  Jay plays Kelley because he doesn't play kick the can with it like Perine does every other play and the other guys are probably not as comfortable in pass protection.  If Grant was such a prized pupil, how come his ass is suiting up in Indy this year?

Jay speaks highly of Rob because the guy does everything he's supposed to do, is an undrafted guy, and he's had some solid games for us.  It's called coach speak.  But I forget, there's still people on here that believe Shanny sincerely thought Beck was a good QB.  

In short, Jay does not have a pet project every year.  We as fans have a pet project conspiracy every year.  

29 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The pet project nonsense needs to stop.  Jay plays Kelley because he doesn't play kick the can with it like Perine does every other play and the other guys are probably not as comfortable in pass protection.  If Grant was such a prized pupil, how come his ass is suiting up in Indy this year?

Jay speaks highly of Rob because the guy does everything he's supposed to do, is an undrafted guy, and he's had some solid games for us.  It's called coach speak.  But I forget, there's still people on here that believe Shanny sincerely thought Beck was a good QB.  

In short, Jay does not have a pet project every year.  We as fans have a pet project conspiracy every year.  

The FO acquires players, coaches decide which of those players see the field. Grant isn't here because once his contract ended, the FO didn't re-sign him. Gruden has input on who is signed, input doesn't mean he's the one that makes the final decision.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The FO acquires players, coaches decide which of those players see the field. Grant isn't here because once his contract ended, the FO didn't re-sign him. Gruden has input on who is signed, input doesn't mean he's the one that makes the final decision.

I understand that.  The point still remains.  Gruden didn't think Grant was Jerry Rice.  He thought he was a coachable guy who was where he was supposed to be, and contrary to popular opinion here, he was a pretty damn good 4th or 5th WR.  

Anywho, back on topic.  Glad we're giving AP a shot.  Hopefully he'll be a nice little bridge for us.  Would be a good break for a change.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I didnt read through this whole thread so I dont know if it has been mentioned. But AD is going to be a good mentor for Guice on his ACL recovery. I mean the dude had a 2000 yard season the year after he tore his. 

There is no disputing he is a better pure RB than anyone else on the roster right now. I hope we dont give up on Perine and cut Kelly instead. But I dont see that happening. Gruden has his pet project every year. And I think Kelly is the new Doughty on this team.

Thats fine. If Jon Gruden's brother keeps trying to get different results by failing the same way, both him and his favorite will be gone. 

Archived