SWFLSkins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

Can not and will not let this slip to the back pages!!..So which is which folks?..which one is st Louis style which one is baby back?....it don't matter I got both smokin..that's some good juju folks!!

MVIMG_20190609_175403.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Two of the little birds suffered devastating injuries and are out for the season.

Why the **** did you post this in THIS thread? lol...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Why the **** did you post this in THIS thread? lol...

Little bird #3 is demanding a trade.  Now we have to use next year’s first on a new little bird.

22 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can not and will not let this slip to the back pages!!..So which is which folks?..which one is st Louis style which one is baby back?....it don't matter I got both smokin..that's some good juju folks!!

It's actually tough to tell, but I think the St. Louis are on the right.  They have larger bones, more fat.  They take longer to cook, but i actually prefer them myself.

I use a 3-2-1 smoking method:

3 hours of heavy smoke at about 230 degrees.  

2 hours brazing.  I wrap my ribs up really tight in tin foil with butter, apple cider, and smothered with dark brown sugar.  Braze at about 240 degrees.

1 hour with the sauce.  Removed from tin foil, more smoke, and slathered with BBQ sauce.

They fall off the bone if you look at them sideways, which is the way I like it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy  Birthday  America!!!, to the greatest country on the planet!!..let's use this here wonderful holiday to spring board us into a positive good juju vibe for tc and pre season!!!

On 6/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's actually tough to tell, but I think the St. Louis are on the right.  They have larger bones, more fat.  They take longer to cook, but i actually prefer them myself.

I use a 3-2-1 smoking method:

3 hours of heavy smoke at about 230 degrees.  

2 hours brazing.  I wrap my ribs up really tight in tin foil with butter, apple cider, and smothered with dark brown sugar.  Braze at about 240 degrees.

1 hour with the sauce.  Removed from tin foil, more smoke, and slathered with BBQ sauce.

They fall off the bone if you look at them sideways, which is the way I like it.

Yes you are right..and thank you for that amazing recipe...what do you mean by braze?..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, gingerluv1 said:

Yes you are right..and thank you for that amazing recipe...what do you mean by braze?..

I spelled it wrong, it’s braise. 

Wrap the rack in foil with a liquid so basically it steams the ribs making them tender.  I typically rub them down with some dark brown sugar, put 2 tablespoons of butter per rack, and then add 1/4 cup of apple cider.  Wrap tightly in aluminum foil, let them cook for 2 hours.  

Then pull off, unwrap (carefully, it’s hot, and makes a mess because of the braiding liquid) then slather with your favorite BBQ sauce.  I’m partial to Stubbs sweet and sticky, but that’s about as personal a choice as whether you prefer tea or coffee, blondes or brunettes, etc. 

go one one more hour with smoke with the sauce.  Should fall apart when you look at them.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 9:21 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I spelled it wrong, it’s braise. 

Wrap the rack in foil with a liquid so basically it steams the ribs making them tender.  I typically rub them down with some dark brown sugar, put 2 tablespoons of butter per rack, and then add 1/4 cup of apple cider.  Wrap tightly in aluminum foil, let them cook for 2 hours.  

Then pull off, unwrap (carefully, it’s hot, and makes a mess because of the braiding liquid) then slather with your favorite BBQ sauce.  I’m partial to Stubbs sweet and sticky, but that’s about as personal a choice as whether you prefer tea or coffee, blondes or brunettes, etc. 

go one one more hour with smoke with the sauce.  Should fall apart when you look at them.

Awesome man thank you..going to my parents tomorrow for a cook out and I'm gonna use this recipe!

For one..its time to put this back on the front page..we are into training camp...for two..as far as the question mark goes at left tackle I'm not even gonna sweat it..I was gonna dig up the Callahan thread but thot this thread would do just fine.

I think things will work out with trent and he'll be here sooner than later...if not, in Callahan I trust...there's gonna be cuts and Callahan will hand pick tackles that can still play and plug em in and Reed and Thompson and guice and Peterson AAAAND DOCTSON will shine and we will go 15-1!!...c'mon who's with me skins fans..ALL HAIL CALLAHAN!!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

c'mon who's with me skins fans..ALL HAIL CALLAHAN

Grand+Central+Station+Aliens+All+Hail+K+Men+In+Black+2+Locker.PNG

For some reason this image just popped in my head when I read your post.

Edited by redskinss
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

This is by far my favorite team top to bottom talent wise. My biggest worries are the health of Reed and TE overall, LT sans Trent obviously, and FS. I’m feeling pretty good about WR and ILB. Who is 2-5? Moreland? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

This is by far my favorite team top to bottom talent wise. My biggest worries are the health of Reed and TE overall, LT sans Trent obviously, and FS. I’m feeling pretty good about WR and ILB. Who is 2-5? Moreland? 

yeah, I assumed he meant Moreland there..

• Like 1

On twitter there are just a ****load of tweets about injured WRs on a bunch of different teams...and none of them are named the Redskins.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Complete crickets round these parts...

We have a     possible franchise qb?

I know there's not much to be positive for..this season just has the most weirdest strangest feeling to it..definitely not a positive vibe that's for sure..

But any time there's redskins football ya gotta stay positive..and its getting to be that time..let's put this back on the front page..I've already seen swflskins lurking so lets bring him out from under the rock completely lol and stay positive about this season..Hail to the Redskins!!

No way not happening this thread is not falling to the dark depths of the seller were our beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS WILL NO LONGER DWELL!! IT STARTS NOW AND DWAYNE HASKINS WILL RISE PROUND AND STRONG!!!..Let's hear it for the rookie's that are gonna bring our skins back to relevance once again!!! #StartDH

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No way not happening this thread is not falling to the dark depths of the seller were our beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS WILL NO LONGER DWELL!! IT STARTS NOW AND DWAYNE HASKINS WILL RISE PROUND AND STRONG!!!..Let's hear it for the rookie's that are gonna bring our skins back to relevance once again!!! #StartDH

Amen!

Our Defense is going to be top 10 this year, but our Offense is going to be top 2!!!

Guice and AP will both make the pro bowl, and Haskins, Scary Terry and league leading TD WR CAM SIMS will all make the Probowl.

On D we will represent with Payne, Allen and Matt I, and their will be a great controversy that Moreland does not make it with 6 picks!

1 minute ago, jbird said:

Amen!

Our Defense is going to be top 10 this year, but our Offense is going to be top 2!!!

Guice and AP will both make the pro bowl, and Haskins, Scary Terry and league leading TD WR CAM SIMS will all make the Probowl.

On D we will represent with Payne, Allen and Matt I, and their will be a great controversy that Moreland does not make it with 6 picks!

The pro bowl sucks..has since the 90's

On 8/23/2019 at 4:23 PM, bakedtater1 said:

The pro bowl sucks..has since the 90's

Agree, but it is going to look better this year with 8 redskins representatives. ;)

• Like 1