SWFLSkins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

Glad to see this thread on the front pages still..alive...like my Redskins... Saturday night watching the kiddo's playing.. fortnite?..whatever, I don't get it...ummm

..I'm excited for the game tomorrow..I'm gonna tear **** up...three beers scince turkey day...time to let loose..let my folks neighbors know there in skins country..well they pretty much know with my dad's bad ass skins flag..ohhhh lol and when they came over a few weeks back...we were playing the Texans and I think we forced a turn over while he was stuck outside having to talk to the neighbors while my sister, Mom and I jumped screaming like we normally do and I guess it scared the **** out of the neighbor so bad they jumped back hahaha lol love it, can't wait for skins football tomorrow!! 

I don't know folks I have a gross yukky disease that leaves me positive for Redskins football.. LITERALLY NO MATTER WHEN!..I'm front n positively center each game no matter the situation...can I come forward to say Snyder has El screwed us over ..most certainly, but it is 💯 on me to support this team and I have every choice to do or don't..and I do.

• Like 1

This is a good thread and we should continue to feed it. 

I liked Baked Tater's story, it shows how in spite of the recent string of misfortune and losses there are still lots of memorable moments of being a Skins fan --and some great plays we'll remember from this season (like Peterson's breakaway runs, some key goal-line stands that sealed a win versus Carolina, the Allen-Payne-Ionnadis trio destroying some opposing QBs' protection and then burying the QB.  (Maybe some of the more technically gifted ES members might load a few of those clips on this thread to remind us of those great moments.)

To be clear I'm not making light of the challenges that this franchise is facing.  However, there is a good accumulation of young talent and some well-regarded coaches who are developing that talent.  The Skins roster is a lot deeper than in years past, even to the point that teams are now pursuing Washington PS squad players too.  And, unlike in years past, the team still has stocked a decent number of draft picks to bring in new talent (and even seems to be getting better finding decent players in the draft and with UDFAs).  

Maybe most important of all, our region still has an NFL franchise -- unlike what happened to St. Louis, San Diego, and soon to Oakland.  So, if there's a Washington franchise, there's always the chance that it might turn around and bring us another championship, or at least a great reason to follow games in December and perhaps beyond.  

My point:  This has been a good thread to balance out the slew of depressing posts I've been reading over the last couple of months.   Maybe we need to keep in mind that there are still a lot of positive things about this team, and it's not all gloom & doom -- and maybe it's easier (at least for emotional balance and maybe from a 'karma' sense too) that we not always just dwell on the negatives about this team.  And though it's getting harder to remember them, there have been some highlights and good developments about the team -- even this season.  And some of these might translate into better times ahead.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I don't know folks I have a gross yukky disease that leaves me positive for Redskins football.. LITERALLY NO MATTER WHEN!..I'm front n positively center each game no matter the situation...can I come forward to say Snyder has El screwed us over ..most certainly, but it is 💯 on me to support this team and I have every choice to do or don't..and I do.

They rewarded you lol...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redskins Win (600th btw!)

Both Giants and Cowboys being shut out.

Obviously good juju here!

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thanks everyone!!....did the Giants get shut out too?!?!!!

Their offense realized they were sinking further down the QB pick in the draft so they had to do something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good win. I think this gets a monkey off the teams back. Our defense is pretty decent and this win should get them focused and fired up. On offense, I don’t know. The announcers kept saying Johnson is a one read and run guy but it seems like he was able to make the throws when he needed to, and at least once there toward the end of the game he was able to adjust the offense to pick up a blitz.... I don’t think he is a turnover machine because I think we would have seen it by now. The offense just has to be mediocre and we have a chance. The jaguars are a horrible team but there defense was decent and he was able to move the ball agaisnt them despite not having our top pass catcher and an offense line in shambles.

It’s hard to get excited about what looks to be a lost season, and a even bleaker outlook for next season, but if we can get a little better on offense and stick to it on defense we got a chance to win the next two. The cowboys lost today. That’s huge. We got a chance to win the division. 

If if you win the division who cares if you are one and done. Your still better that teams that didn’t have to deal with any of the adversity our team did. 

Im sure next week, when we get blown out 40-7 this post will look silly, but till then, HAIL!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Both Giants and Cowboys being shut out.

I forgot about the Giants....here's hoping the Eagles get shut out as well lol...

• Like 3

Hats off to Johnson for getting a win against a number six ranked defense!

Wholly cow skinsmarydu imagine if the Patriots lose and the eagles lose..just if the falcons would have lost lol

Good Juju from Beijing! First game of the year my gf agreed to watch with me due to it being on sunday morning, as opposed to monday morning. Beat 'em up Skins! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

Good Juju from Beijing! First game of the year my gf agreed to watch with me due to it being on sunday morning, as opposed to monday morning. Beat 'em up Skins! 

Woa woa woa... WHAAAATTTTTT??!??..lol jk that looks funny reading seeing the game being on a Sunday morning for you opposed to a Monday morning... Thanks for bringing the good juju all the way from Beijing!!!...4:45 in the morning just arrived to the farm going to deliver milk and have to watch on my phone hopefully get to my folks in time to watch the second half..HTTR..Go Redskins beat some Titans ass!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Man we’re going to need ALL the good juju in the world to win this one with the injury report we have 😂😂😂

Boy howdy did you ever hit the nail on the head with that... Like I recently stated I don't think we win this game but I sure as hell am not losing hope.. keeping the Faith and the good juju vibes positive!!

My 22 to 19 Redskins prediction is based off of Josh Johnson doing just enough to get the offense in field goal range four or five times allowing dustin Hopkins to have a world-beater of a day and our defense does just enough..can't tell whether the game ball will go to defense or Adrian Peterson for extremely hard fought yardage.. so yeah my prediction / hopes of a joyous Christmas for all Redskins fans.

• Like 1

It was a disappointing loss obviously (made a lot more disappointing because of how close we came) but.... for a long stretch there we were dominating both sides of the line against a good defense and a run game that was on fire coming into this matchup.  That was fun to watch.  

Might have been the feel good game of the decade if we’d pulled it off.  I loved the heart and effort though.  

• Like 2

We're in a win-win situation Sunday.

Win and we ruin Philly's playoff run. Lose and we get a better draft position.

Redskin Life

• Like 2