Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

A maybe not so well known fact; teams that start the season 1 - 1 make the playoffs more often than teams that start 2 - 0.

Correction: This was in reference to a graphic shown on espn. One that it appears others saw as well. Or maybe we all saw it wrong. But...

Since the merger in 1970,

62.8% of teams starting 2 - 0 have made the playoffs.

38.4% of teams starting 1 - 1 have made the playoffs.

9.8% of teams starting 0 - 2 have made the playoffs.

45.5% of teams starting 1 - 0 -1 have made the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

A maybe not so well known fact; teams that start the season 1 - 1 make the playoffs more often than teams that start 2 - 0.

Where did you get that from?

I know this is supposed to be the good vibes thread and all, but I’m not sure false info helps.  I saw this pop up on tv today and I’m certain starting 2-0 had 57% chance of making playoffs and 1-1 was less, somewhere around 30%.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know this is supposed to be the good vibes thread and all, but I’m not sure false info helps.  I saw this pop up on tv today and I’m certain starting 2-0 had 57% chance of making playoffs and 1-1 was less, somewhere around 30%.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

There is still a 2% chance WE make the SB, 37% chance to make round 1 of the playoffs.....and it's Friday, don't bring me down MON....

41% chance after starting 1-1

20 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

There is still a 2% chance WE make the SB, 37% chance to make round 1 of the playoffs.....and it's Friday, don't bring me down MON....

With all due respect, that doesn’t change the fact that the previous poster was wrong.  Party on, burn one for me.

With all due respect, that doesn’t change the fact that the previous poster was wrong.  Party on, burn one for me.

With all due respect, LOL but #HTTR, there was some graphic out there on ESPN (can't find it) and I don't quote things I can't link so I won't. And yes the burning will saunter on. 

Plenty of Islands out there for the neggie takes....here We roll'n Redskinsfari Jah live, children ye-ah. 

WE Got a 10% chance at 0-2, lol....that's one out of ten MON, you go to a barh, tried to hit it up with the chikies, you like ya chances at 10%...

Image result for funny reggae gif

Better yet, WE're not the Steelers, LOL.....

Comparatively, 366 teams started their season 0-2 between 1970 and 2017. 36 of them managed to rally to a spot in the playoffs — a 9.8 percent average that’s actually better than then 9.1 percent rate of 0-1-1 teams. Three — the 2007 Giants, 2001 Patriots, and 1993 Cowboys — even managed to win a Super Bowl that year.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/9/20/17883026/browns-steelers-nfl-history-ties-0-1-1-start

Jonathan Allen looking like a stud maybe Ionnaidis, too

Peterson is too much the competitor to be shut down two weeks in a row

Jay is typically good in needed bounce back games

Defense ranked #1 -- though I gather that's about to change

Swearinger's been awesome.  Dunbar, too.

The offense can't look worse than last Sunday -- can only look better

If they beat either GB and NO all the excitement returns.  The match ups coming up are perfect to reignite fans -- either would be a big win.  Hopefully its the GB game if it has to be only 1 otherwise the bye week is going to feel long. ? If they lose both, well, that's not for this thread.

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Absolutely crazy that Kerrigan is our lowest ranked defender... hope he’s ok. Here’s hoping the D (and O) comes to play vs the Pack.  

If someone told me in preseason that kerrigan will be our weakest link on defense, I'd be super excited about our defense as a whole.  I think he will be better, I think the colts game plan was to get the ball out early which nullifies our olb. Hopefully with a less mobile Rodgers our guys are able to get to him. 

Archived