Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY THE WASHINGTON #REDSKINS

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

August 10, 2018

STATEMENT BY THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS 

"RB Derrius Guice and TE Manasseh Garner will miss the 2018 season due to ACL injuries sustained from last night's preseason game at the New England Patriots. Both players are expected to make a full recovery and are looking forward to playing in 2019."

Next man up my ass. Just based on that one run alone where there was no hole and he cut back for a nice gain showed how much better he is than the horse**** we're stuck with just on vision alone. He has great vision. The others have blinders on. I feel like kicking something right now.

1 minute ago, KingGibbs said:

Next man up my ass. Just based on that one run alone where there was no hole and he cut backed for a nice gain showed how much better he is than the horse**** were stuck with just on vision alone. He has great vision. The others have blinders on. I feel like kicking something right now.

Your post just said everything I feel in my soul.

I say it every year. Preseason games need to end. If you must have one, then its for marginal players only, to earn their spot over other marginal players. First and second stringers should not sniff the field for meaningless games. So what if the first two real games of the season are sloppy. Everyone would be in the same boat.

That big run by Guice was the best sign of things to come at the RB position since Portis took his first snap to the house in 2004.  

I saw time and time again last season the lack of ability and field vision from both Kelley and Perine to recognize cutback Lanes and instead simply run right into defenders over and over again.

Thompson has the skillset but not the body to absorb the amount of punishment needed for a feature back.

Unless either or both Kelley & Perine have improved in a lot of areas, there's no reason to now think the running game will be any better than last season which was an anchor on the offense as a whole.

If I'm wrong, and gaaaaawd do I hope I am. I'll gladly eat crow.

Archived