Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To the mattresses!


Spaceman Spiff

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Thinking about getting a new mattress and while I'm considering going to a brick and mortar store to check out what they have, I'm also seeing a ton of these newer companies online like Purple, Casper, Nectar, Leesa, Saatva...I mean, they're endless.

 

Anyone have recommendations? 

Paging TK!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone tried "My Pillow" ? Their pillow, not their mattress.

 

And what's the difference between these 2 ? They look the same, and from the same site, but different prices.

Maybe I'm overlooking something.

 

https://www.mypillow.com/premium-classic-series.html

 

https://www.mypillow.com/standardqueenclassic-aw.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlPGu2oSR3wIVBFqGCh2jPAGVEAQYAiABEgIdg_D_BwE

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a couple mattresses on Black Friday from Mattress Firm (there's a million Mattress Firm stores in the area now because they bought Sleepy's and Mattress Discounters).  I could sleep on a bathroom floor with no blanket or pillow, so I don't do much research when I buy a mattress.  I just lay down on the ones in the store and pick out what I think would be comfy for the wife and kids.  I basically talked the guy down to 40% off for both and free delivery, and the same thing happened a few years ago when I bought 2 mattresses from Sleepy's.  Goes to show you how high the markup is for these in the stores.  I've heard from a few people that they also got incredible deals when purchasing more than one.

If you're just buying one, I'd recommend going to a Mattress Firm store and asking the guy what the best deal is for the one you like and use that as a baseline to go to another Mattress Firm store down the road and make a lower offer.

The guy who equated this to haggling at a car dealership is spot on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

 

Image result for WVU couch fire

 

So now he needs back surgery for getting it to the curb, plus has to clean up an ashy mess?  Brilliant!

 

Unless, of course, you're suggesting he burn it while it is still in the house, and then I think he's going to need more than a new mattress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
On 12/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has anyone tried "My Pillow" ? Their pillow, not their mattress.

 

And what's the difference between these 2 ? They look the same, and from the same site, but different prices.

Maybe I'm overlooking something.

 

https://www.mypillow.com/premium-classic-series.html

 

https://www.mypillow.com/standardqueenclassic-aw.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlPGu2oSR3wIVBFqGCh2jPAGVEAQYAiABEgIdg_D_BwE

 

I absolutely LOVE the My Pillow I bought. I went from using 2 pillows to try to get the perfect support/height to just My Pillow. The fact they are machine washable and dryable is awesome. 

 

The difference in your links are the levels. First link is color coded based on weight. Second link is just soft, medium, and firm. I used the color coded link, and used a code from I think 106.7 to get a massive discount. 

 

EDIT: I have no clue why part of my post is a different size, types it all out on my phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, Dan T. said:

One sound piece of advice I did get from a commissioned salesman whose livelihood depends on getting people to spend as much money on a mattress as possible, though, that stuck with me is this:  You spend literally one-third of your entire life on that rectangle, so don't scrimp.

FTFY

We spent about $1200 on a mattress in 2013. We don't rotate it enough. My side is ****. My wife's is still pretty good, 'cause she weighs less than me?

 

We got my daughters a memory foam mattress  topper, to put on top of their weak-ass mattress on a platform bed. It's like the most comfy bed in the house now. Haha. $50 memory foam mattress topper from Amazon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on the My Pillow posts. I got mine back in September. Make sure you get the right fit and following the cleaning instructions when you decide to wash and dry. So far they're fantastic! My neck has never been better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rocky21 said:

My honey wanted to try a sleep number bed.  I couldn't stand it the first two weeks but now I swear I can't sleep in a regular bed.  It's adjustable so you can make it as soft or stiff as you want.  Good news - I tried all of their models and the cheapest one felt just as good on my bad back as the most expensive one. 

 

Dont they kinda say that about every bed?  You always have to let your body adjust to a new mattress. I know some places say you cant return it before 30 days just for that reason. 

 

But I was very I intrigued by Sleep Number when I was in the market a few years ago.  The cost was just prohibitive for me. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

FTFY

We spent about $1200 on a mattress in 2013. We don't rotate it enough. My side is ****. My wife's is still pretty good, 'cause she weighs less than me?

 

We got my daughters a memory foam mattress  topper, to put on top of their weak-ass mattress on a platform bed. It's like the most comfy bed in the house now. Haha. $50 memory foam mattress topper from Amazon. 

 

Before my current mattress, we got an off-brand memory foam mattress that got deformed within a year.  Suffice it to say, we scrapped it and sprung for a quality mattress.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote a review for MyPillow once. Let me see if I can find it.

 

- - - -

 

Ah, here we are...

 

 

I received my MyPillow Premium 2-pack combo yesterday and as promised, enjoyed the best night of sleep I’ve experienced in over 14 years right after I used it to smother my wife, the lying whore. The shapeable nature of shredded polyfoam makes these pillows ideal for asphyxiating a cheating slutbag. Guys, if you’re having trouble sleeping because your wife is getting railed out by The Godfather of your children, you gotta go to MyPillow.com right now. MyPillow is the only companion you will ever need. MyPillow is the only friend who will never betray you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried a Casper.  I think I literally sank to the bottom and was laying on the bed spring.  I'm a "firm" mattress guy, that that Casper was anything but.  Leave off the last S for suck my bawlz.  
Nectar was too soft as well.

I think we're about 10 months into a Saatva firm and it's been love so far.  Sleeping like a baby and don't' wake up nearly as much as I used to.  Plus it ventilates well so I don't get hot like I did with memory foam mattresses.  Plus, Saatva is still somewhat of a traditional spring mattress, so it's easier to deliver the D when you've got some bounce back, where as with memory foam, I felt like I was sinking and couldn't get my stroke angles right.  Charley horses galore.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chew said:

  Plus, Saatva is still somewhat of a traditional spring mattress, so it's easier to deliver the D when you've got some bounce back, where as with memory foam, I felt like I was sinking and couldn't get my stroke angles right.  Charley horses galore.  

 

 

You know, this brings up something that I've wondered about a Sleep Number.  If the two sides are drastically different in their firmness (different numbers) and we roll from one side to the other, that would have an effect, wouldn't it?  Or what if we are half on one and half on the other?  Never felt right about asking, but since Chew brought it up...

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Chew said:

We tried a Casper.  I think I literally sank to the bottom and was laying on the bed spring.  I'm a "firm" mattress guy, that that Casper was anything but.  Leave off the last S for suck my bawlz.  
Nectar was too soft as well.

I think we're about 10 months into a Saatva firm and it's been love so far.  Sleeping like a baby and don't' wake up nearly as much as I used to.  Plus it ventilates well so I don't get hot like I did with memory foam mattresses.  Plus, Saatva is still somewhat of a traditional spring mattress, so it's easier to deliver the D when you've got some bounce back, where as with memory foam, I felt like I was sinking and couldn't get my stroke angles right.  Charley horses galore.  

 

 

Tuft and Needle was considered the firmest of the "ship to you in a box" mattress brands from some of the reviews I read before I bought ours fwiw. Ours has held up really nicely. 4 years now, still the same mattress it was when we unboxed it. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, First Colony said:

 

You know, this brings up something that I've wondered about a Sleep Number.  If the two sides are drastically different in their firmness (different numbers) and we roll from one side to the other, that would have an effect, wouldn't it?  Or what if we are half on one and half on the other?  Never felt right about asking, but since Chew brought it up...

Yes.

We used to have a Temperpedic which I loved, but my wife decided a king size was too big when we moved and insisted on a sleep number instead. My side is set much firmer, and the whole mattress takes a big dip at the halfway point going over to her side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yes.

We used to have a Temperpedic which I loved, but my wife decided a king size was too big when we moved and insisted on a sleep number instead. My wife is set mich firmer, and the whole mattress takes a big dip at the halfway point going over to her side.

 

Thanks, this is what I thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you guys what. :) 

 

For a fee, I’ll go with you to certain store chains & negotiate a deal for you most likely better then what you’d get on your own. 

 

Think about it, who’s going to know the business better? You, or someone with 20+ years in the business. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TK said:

Tell you guys what. :) 

 

For a fee, I’ll go with you to certain store chains & negotiate a deal for you most likely better then what you’d get on your own. 

 

Think about it, who’s going to know the business better? You, or someone with 20+ years in the business. 🙂

I'll tell you what I told the judge: "I'd like to represent myself.  How hard can it be?"

-posted from a lumpy-ass mattress in cell block 26

Link to post
Share on other sites

We bought a Purple about 3 years ago and it basically changed my life. I have horrible back problems and it's the first mattress I've ever slept on that let me sleep through the night. And it didn't cost 10,000 like the fancy memory foam thing my parents have. I can't sing their praises enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...