ColonialWBSkinsFan

2018 Season Injury News

8 hours ago, The Rook said:

Anyone hear anything about Trey Quinn?

The Rook

I'm surprised there was no response to this, and zero other mentions of him.

Does that mean he's okay, or just that everybody is exclusively worried about the RB position ?

Pretty wild

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/08/10/for-redskins-injury-bug-rears-its-ugly-head-again-and-again-and-again/?utm_term=.9168b0436699

According to Football Outsiders’ adjusted man-games lost statistic, which quantifies how much a team is affected by injured starters rather than bench players, Washington has been in the bottom third in six of the past nine years, including last and second-to-last finishes in 2017 and 2015, respectively. In fact, there has been just one season since 2010, when Bruce Allen joined the franchise, where the team didn’trank in the bottom half of the league for adjusted man games lost.

As you would expect, a rash of injuries to key positions hampers a team’s ability to win games. Since 2010, teams in the top half of adjusted man games lost, those with the fewest impactful injuries, average nine wins per season. Those in the bottom half average seven wins per year. Two games doesn’t sound like a lot, yet that’s often the difference between qualifying for the postseason or heading to the golf course earlier than ownership would like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Football Outsiders’ adjusted man-games lost statistic, which quantifies how much a team is affected by injured starters rather than bench players, Washington has been in the bottom third in six of the past nine years, including last and second-to-last finishes in 2017 and 2015, respectively. In fact, there has been just one season since 2010, when Bruce Allen joined the franchise, where the team didn’trank in the bottom half of the league for adjusted man games lost.

Amazing.  I know some members on here have media access to the team, so has any front office member, not coach gruden, ever been asked anything along the lines of:

"Knowing the data that shows Redskins players are consistently getting hired at a higher rate than the rest of the league, has the front office looked into potential factors, such as playing conditions and strength & conditioning programs, and identified areas for improvement that could lead to our players maintaining better health?"

I would love to hear the answer to that question.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/redskins-need-to-look-at-injury-issues-no-matter-how-much-it-hurts/2018/01/02/06aa9f00-efef-11e7-b390-a36dc3fa2842_story.html

This article from 1/2/18 has gruden saying the root cause of all these injuries is something they need to look into, but did anybody actually look into it?

The first 2 rounds of our last 3 drafts now have been pretty messed up:

2018- Payne, Guice

2017- Allen, Anderson

2016- Docston, Cravens

That's 46 missed games worth of injuries. 

Even Daron Payne is out right now with an ankle injury. Wtf 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

OK, I am pretty pissed right now on this injury to Guice. I am reading   per Ian Rapport @Rapsheet. Guice suffered a hyper extended knee at LSU and never got surgery on the same knee he injured  in last nights game. I guess I am  going to piss some people,but this scenario smacks of a RG 3 scenario  where RG 3 had a bum knee and ownership looked the other way and hoped RG 3 knee would not be an issue. Here we are again wishing in one hand and - - - - in the other hand. Hail:247:

Ermmm what surgery do you get for a hyper extended knee ? If there is no damage it just needs to be rested . If you are suggesting the knee has had damage since the hyper extension at LSU then you are essentially saying in he has been operating on torn ligaments all this time - which is fairly impressive.... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm surprised there was no response to this, and zero other mentions of him.

Does that mean he's okay, or just that everybody is exclusively worried about the RB position ?

Well Guice's injury has taken the media by storm. It covered almost everything else.

Even Ioannidis was under cover for some time. Some news regarding him went out late saying he'll be fine for Week 1, but will miss the remaining of Training Camp.

Still it was told as well that Manasseh Garner tored his ACL as well. So I believe it's either:

- No news right now, maybe on saturday.

- He'll be fine.

Btw, I would sugget @ColonialWBSkinsFan to update his thread title and OP so he can add the list of players that are currently injured. That would be great mate :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

2018- Payne, Guice

2017- Allen, Anderson

2016- Docston, Cravens

Rookies Injury wise, we're the Sixers of the NFL :(

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Ermmm what surgery do you get for a hyper extended knee ? If there is no damage it just needs to be rested . If you are suggesting the knee has had damage since the hyper extension at LSU then you are essentially saying in he has been operating on torn ligaments all this time - which is fairly impressive.... 

A Hyperextended knee can require surgery if it’s serious enough...but you’re correct that it mostly requires rest and ice packs. So Guice not getting surgery is more an indication that it was not too serious than any poor decision on his part (at least as far as we know). Some fans just wanna be pissed off at somebody right now.

• Haha 1

As bad as news as this is. There isnt anything we can do now. I'm more worried of whos next. Seems that injuries always come in 3s. So i hope it isnt anyone important.

Edited by desertbeagle85

7 hours ago, Mooka said:

2018- Payne, Guice

2017- Allen, Anderson

2016- Docston, Cravens

That is devastating to look at. You’re never going to be consistently good if you get the production from your top picks like we have 

37 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

As bad as news as this is. There isnt anything we can do now. I'm more worried of whos next. Seems that injuries always come in 3s. So i hope it isnt anyone important.

Next one will probably be Jordan Reed anyway...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

McGee, Quinn, Iaon, Payne, Guise, Trent, Moses, the TE who's name I don't know, Anderson, Thompson and Reed pretty soon. 

I wish it was 3.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

McGee, Quinn, Iaon, Payne, Guise, Trent, Moses, the TE who's name I don't know, Anderson, Thompson and Reed pretty soon. 

I wish it was 3.

Mannassah Gagner is his name.

28 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Guice's injury. ****ing unbelievable. Just mind-blowing. I don't know why at this point. Just sickening. 

I'm still struggling with it myself...thought a day might make a difference.  Nope, just the same numbness and sick feeling.  Is it normal that I couldn't really sleep last night?

51 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I'm still struggling with it myself...thought a day might make a difference.  Nope, just the same numbness and sick feeling.  Is it normal that I couldn't really sleep last night?

I'm just finding out about it today. Took the rookie's word for it when he said "all is well." I should've known better. 

Just so ****ing typical. I was up pumping my fist during that run, having flashes of him tearing it up this season. He tore it up alright. I can honestly say I was looking forward to watching this guy more than anyone else on our team this year. 

Everyone else we have absolutely sucks. Good luck, Smith. 

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wish it was 3.

When i say hurt. I mean season ending hurt or close to. Everyonr gets beat up, but the season ending injuries are the real blows.