Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColonialWBSkinsFan

2018 Season Injury News

The Florida Tuskers were not good.  The Washington Florida Tuskers are also not good.  The Head Strength and Conditioning coach got the job because A. He was on the Florida Tuskers staff(his only qualification for an NFL job), and B. Because the nephew of our head coach left.

The nepotism is revolting, and I have no doubts its why we had a terrible Strength and Conditioning staff for years.

Yikes, that's rough.

I mean, losing 3 starters for the year is one thing, but how do you lose 3 in one game on one side of the ball?

Well that blows.

Next men up. Atlanta beat the snot out of us with two backup guards against or vaunted d line. Let’s see what gems we can find to see if we can gut out a playoff appearance. 

I know we’re upset, but we need to realize other teams get hurt too and still succeed. We as a fan base shouldn’t simply accept this as the reason for failure when Philly loses their starting QB and LT for the year and still wins a Super Bowl.

This is the kill shot for the Jay Gruden era.  We will have the excitement of a clean slate rebuilding project for 2019.

And honestly, I can live with that.

Buh deep, buh deep, buh deep...that's all folks!

Damnnation!  You gave Jay the pass last year on injuries, how do you play this one out? 

1 minute ago, Rskins91 said:

Well that blows.

Next men up. Atlanta beat the snot out of us with two backup guards against or vaunted d line. Let’s see what gems we can find to see if we can gut out a playoff appearance. 

I know we’re upset, but we need to realize other teams get hurt too and still succeed. We as a fan base shouldn’t simply accept this as the reason for failure when Philly loses their starting QB and LT for the year and still wins a Super Bowl.

Their next men up were better than our next men up.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

This is the kill shot for the Jay Gruden era.  We will have the excitement of a clean slate rebuilding project for 2019.

Please tell me Bruce and the gang of clowns are gone with him.

We really need a complete makeover on offense this offseason, we could get rid of the entire offense besides Trent and Scherff and I wouldn't lose any sleep, we have to get guys in here that have a history of being healthy.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yikes, that's rough.

I mean, losing 3 starters for the year is one thing, but how do you lose 3 in one game on one side of the ball?

And the overwhelming weakest side of the ball at that :/

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Their next men up were better than our next men up.

Who’s fault is that, then? Coaching? Scouting? If your backups are that inferior to your starters, why did you keep them? 

Point is, this can’t continue to be a “wave the white flag mulligan” that some (myself included) used last year. 

5 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Buh deep, buh deep, buh deep...that's all folks!

Damnnation!  You gave Jay the pass last year on injuries, how do you play this one out? 

Hes gone.

Snyder won’t invest in land and build a practice facility that’s worth a damn as he still after losing millions doesn’t get where the issue starts.

He will blame Jay and fire him and offer us a new coach but I’m telling you until they catch up to 2018 this problem will not go away.

Doesnt matter who is playing or coaching.

The current practice facility they make the players use is so small it doesn’t even have a basketball court. It sucks and it’s way behind the times. 

There is no money in this for the owner so he ignores it year after year and they keep being the most injured team in the league year after year. 

No human being can fix this outside of the owner and he’s too stupid to understand why this keeps happening

We finally added an injury prevention center .. which I hope is legit and comparable to other well run teams and not some cheap crap.

Field ... we have to go turf. What do we use Bermuda, not a good winter weather grass.

I know the field didnt directly cause any injuries (like RG3s) but it has to be addressed. 

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Please tell me Bruce and the gang of clowns are gone with him.

I will affirm that.  But only because I want to see you happy.

Just now, Morneblade said:

Well, that pretty much ends this season.

By that, I mean I doubt we win another game.

or .... we rally.

Jay and Alex get the quick passing game going. CT comes back and gashes teams. Defense steps up and plays lights out.

We roll man. By roll I mean we win 4 more games.

Year after year this franchise is at the top (bottom?) of the league for Adjusted Games Missed.  And too many fans chalk it up to dumb luck or a curse or whatever.  That provides cover for Snyder and Allen.

The reason we have more injuries than the average every year is because from the top down the franchise doesnt care about player training and recovery.  We practice soft in the spring, we let players train on their own, we have light drills for training camp, we rest starters in ps games, we ignore players collegiate injury record and brag about how we got "2nd round talent" in the 4th round.

This will NEVER EVER end as Dan owns the team.  

8 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

The current practice facility they make the players use is so small it doesn’t even have a basketball court. It sucks and it’s way behind the times. 

There is no money in this for the owner so he ignores it year after year and they keep being the most injured team in the league year after year. 

No human being can fix this outside of the owner and he’s too stupid to understand why this keeps happening

What are we missing at the practice facility that would reduce injuries?  What do other teams have that we don't?

12 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

We finally added an injury prevention center .. which I hope is legit and comparable to other well run teams and not some cheap crap.

Field ... we have to go turf. What do we use Bermuda, not a good winter weather grass.

I know the field didnt directly cause any injuries (like RG3s) but it has to be addressed. 

Scherff and Richardson are upper bodyinjuries, so is Trent. Grass is not the issue. For the most part, the knees, bless them, have been ok this year.

So....they knew since training camp that Paul Richardson was dealing with this injury the entire time but didn't address bringing someone in when there were plenty of valid options out there.  Sheesh.  #Redskins

Just now, JSSkinz said:

What are we missing at the practice facility that would reduce injuries?  What do other teams have that we don't?

Yea, I keep hearing it's the facilities.

Seems like you shouldn't need state of the art facilities for reasonable injury prevention. Seems to me, it's something you can do without fancy equipment.

I mean what did players do decades ago, without this equipment and facilities, and they didn't seem to have more injuries ?

I can perceive how state of the art facilities can improve injury rehab, but not seeing how it improves injury prevention.

Not saying it can't happen, just asking someone with more knowledge on the subject, how it happens ?