• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Redskins have opened their 2019 season with two losses. Both against Divisional foes. Now they get to close out Week 3 at home on Monday Night against the visiting 1-1 Chicago Bears. The Bears don't have much of an offense but seem to have what may be an elite defense.

On the flip side, the Redskins have a developing passing attack and a disastrous defense. The Redskins haven't had a Defense this vanilla since Mike Nolan received his ice cream. Oh, and the Redskins already have more guys on IR then any other team this season. 

Will the Redskins finally put one in the win column? 

As usual, poll closes at kickoff. Go vote!
ColonialWBSkinsFan

2018 Season Injury News

20 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wasn't it Jacoby that played with a cast, and played the exact same position LT.

And was it the same injury - the thumb ?

Not sure if it was a thumb, but yes, Jacoby one year played with a large, club-like cast on his hand/arm.

Teams we faced complained that he could use the cast like a weapon, but the league let him play like that.

Not sure if Jacoby used it as a weapon, though. :)

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Not sure if it was a thumb, but yes, Jacoby one year played with a large, club-like cast on his hand/arm.

Teams we faced complained that he could use the cast like a weapon, but the league let him play like that.

Oh, he did. He was a nasty mf-er that belongs in the HOF. Insane a KICKER got in before the left tackle on arguably the best offensive line in NFL history.

• Like 1

Splint the thumb/hand and put TW in, just bundle it up so it won't pop out again. I don't understand how this could keep him out. AP dislocated his shoulder and missed one practice. 

3 hours ago, CTskin said:

Splint the thumb/hand and put TW in, just bundle it up so it won't pop out again. I don't understand how this could keep him out. AP dislocated his shoulder and missed one practice. 

Then there's the Seahawks linebacker with one hand missing.

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Pretty sure Jon Jansen played a whole season with both hands in a cast.  With the "Thumbs up" so to speak.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Pretty sure Jon Jansen played a whole season with both hands in a cast.  With the "Thumbs up" so to speak.  

I remember. Always wondered how he wiped his butt tho.?

Being a tad more serious, hoping to see Quinn get activated this week. Seems the kind of guy who can get separation on those crossing routes Alex loves to throw. That, and give us some punt return moxie too, Stroman let a couple drop last week that cost the Skins dearly in field position.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Silver back will play Sunday.. club it up like the Jacoby days!!

In case any one forgets...

"[Williams] was Tasered in the back and cracked over the head with a champagne bottle during the melee yet still did not fall to the ground, sources say.

"It was like he was Jason on Friday the 13th — man just wouldn't go down," one source said of the 6-foot-5, 318-pound Williams."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

"[Williams] was Tasered in the back and cracked over the head with a champagne bottle during the melee yet still did not fall to the ground, sources say.

"It was like he was Jason on Friday the 13th — man just wouldn't go down," one source said of the 6-foot-5, 318-pound Williams."

Wait. What?? Trent Williams didn’t get tasered did he?

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

That was actually the first thing that came to my mind just now.

Maybe because that was an ongoing joke at the time, between fans and/or maybe even players.

Didn't they have bidet's back then though ?

You'd think a state of the art practice and rehab facility would

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That was from 2013, after a brawl at a club in Hawaii before the Pro Bowl. But you read that right, he got hit in the head with a champagne bottle and tasered and did not go down.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That was from 2013, after a brawl at a club in Hawaii before the Pro Bowl. But you read that right, he got hit in the head with a champagne bottle and tasered and did not go down.

Ohh right after the 2012 season. Thats Crazy 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ohh right after the 2012 season. Thats Crazy 

You didn't think......nahhhhh.....

Wait....you didn't think Trent somehow got tasered during a game did you ?

Like from an over-zealous referee ?

?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Being a tad more serious, hoping to see Quinn get activated this week. Seems the kind of guy who can get separation on those crossing routes Alex loves to throw. That, and give us some punt return moxie too, Stroman let a couple drop last week that cost the Skins dearly in field position.

Yes I was super excited for Quinn.  If he develops quickly then we can let Crowder walk. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

?

Image result for the last boy scout football gif

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

?

? i guess theres always a chance ??‍♂️ but no i just forgot about the thing in Hawaii and that Trent was a part o it 

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I love this story !

This was from the pro-bowl a couple of years ago. Trent is a straight up savage 

• Like 1

Feel kinda bad for Crowder. He is really blowing his contract year. Worse, his last good year was really two years ago. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Feel kinda bad for Crowder. He is really blowing his contract year. Worse, his last good year was really two years ago. 

Well on the bright side it could mean nobody else will want to sign him this offseason so we can sign him for cheap and hope he stays healthy next year. This team does know what he can do if healthy (and not having a REALLYYYYY down year like last year....). I really would like seeing him back next year 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well on the bright side it could mean nobody else will want to sign him this offseason so we can sign him for cheap and hope he stays healthy next year. This team does know what he can do if healthy (and not having a REALLYYYYY down year like last year....). I really would like seeing him back next year 

If I were him, I'd call Kirk the moment free agency starts and have him campaign to try to get the slot receiver role behind Thielen and Diggs in Minny. That is the type of situation he thrives in

I'm officially worried about Trent, all the beat guys are saying he's not giving the warm and fuzzy's he normally does when he has an injury. A dislocated finger that happens to a regular everyday person is one thing but a dislocated finger in a football game is different, some real damage can be done so with him looking at surgery that could create some issues.  It doesn't sound like he's just gonna wear a cast and deal with it, plus he's already playing with constant pain in his knee.

Ty has looked terrible the last couple of years and I've been down on him but that was on the right side.  I rewatched the game when Ty came in at 3:47 left in the 3rd Qtr and he played well.

From what I counted AD had 106 yards rushing while Ty was on the field, let's hope he can continue that for the next game or two when we can hopefully get Trent back.

Ty's gonna need to ball out.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:04 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why do you want a chronically injured slot receiver whos best year was 2 seasons ago? 

The old philosophy of keeping people around who don't give you what you want needs to go!

Find a replacement and move on.

29 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm officially worried about Trent, all the beat guys are saying he's not giving the warm and fuzzy's he normally does when he has an injury. A dislocated finger that happens to a regular everyday person is one thing but a dislocated finger in a football game is different, some real damage can be done so with him looking at surgery that could create some issues.  It doesn't sound like he's just gonna wear a cast and deal with it, plus he's already playing with constant pain in his knee.

If he's banged up, then the games vs weaker defenses is the time to get him right.  ATL and TB don't have the scary defenses that would demand that TW plays one handed.