Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, JSSkinz said:

Let's hope we get some good news on Trent as well, Ty is fine for a quarter or 2 but we need Trent.

Not to pat myself on the back ... but I did not understand the "nerve issue in his shin" explanation and sd I think it was inaccurate reporting. Shins dont have nerves.

Great to hear he may be back. I didnt think we should have relied on him starting as our outside corner but I was wrong. He can play, learning still but he can play. I thought he would get exposed.

--------------------------------

Injury prevention has been a 180 this year.

AP knee hyper-extension against Saints would have been a season ender for most RBs but AP is in amazing shape and condition that he is so flexible that he was able to only get a ligament sprain.

Scherff - wow, MCL sprain, playing through so much pain especially in that Saints game, playing with that brace .... it looks like he has actually gotten stronger and healthier playing the last few weeks.  Years past I feel like a bad sprain would lead to IR with this team.

Richardson - gruden sd hes really tough, wanted to play last few games but they had to force him to sit out, love hearing that.

37 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Let's hope we get some good news on Trent as well, Ty is fine for a quarter or 2 but we need Trent.

Williams dislocated is right thumb in a facemask.

Latests news were that it was too soon. But I don't see it as a big deal for him with a cast. At least he won't get flagged for holding.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

Williams dislocated is right thumb in a facemask.

Latests news were that it was too soon. But I don't see it as a big deal for him with a cast. At least he won't get flagged for holding.

Wasn't it Jacoby that played with a cast, and played the exact same position LT.

And was it the same injury - the thumb ?

4 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

That is at least hopeful news about Dunbar.  W/ all of the wr threats ATL has, we def need him back...

Didn't Jon Jansen play w/ 2 broken thumbs at RT? Trent is a tough hombre - he'll make every effort to play.

He did, but it was worth it after he won the team thumb wrestling championship.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Hmmmm

You should ask @kleese

I don’t recall the exact injury but he for sure played with a massive club on his right hand. I think it’s easier for a DL than an OL though... especially an OT. Jacoby was the toughest SOB around but that will limit any OT... while they aren’t of course “supposed” to be holding, OL still definitely use their hands a lot for leverage, strength, etc. 

IMO, this is why you have Ty on the roster. If Trent will be severely limited I think he should sit and hopefully it’s just a couple of games max. The plus side is that he comes back even more fresh. I have faith that Ty can get the job done in the short term. 

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Not to pat myself on the back ... but I did not understand the "nerve issue in his shin" explanation and sd I think it was inaccurate reporting. Shins dont have nerves.

They most certainly do have nerves (deep fibular nerve for motor.... and superficial nerves for cutaneous (skin) innervation (sensory).

I figured it was compartment syndrome due to the nature of injury (being kicked). That could be extremely dangerous and require amputation. That’s what Jason Taylor had when he was here. Emergency fasciotomy.

1 hour ago, kleese said:

I don’t recall the exact injury but he for sure played with a massive club on his right hand. I think it’s easier for a DL than an OL though... especially an OT. Jacoby was the toughest SOB around but that will limit any OT... while they aren’t of course “supposed” to be holding, OL still definitely use their hands a lot for leverage, strength, etc. 

IMO, this is why you have Ty on the roster. If Trent will be severely limited I think he should sit and hopefully it’s just a couple of games max. The plus side is that he comes back even more fresh. I have faith that Ty can get the job done in the short term. 

I don't think the next two defenses we face have elite pass rushers, although I could be mistaken. If so, that would limit the impact of having to sit Williams and start Nyseke.

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

I don't think the next two defenses we face have elite pass rushers, although I could be mistaken. If so, that would limit the impact of having to sit Williams and start Nyseke.

Next two defenses will be the two worst overall D’s we have faced this year. Falcons are OK in front 7 and dreadful on back end. Bucs are just terrible everywhere. 

Looks like we picked the right DT, Vea has been injured and behind schedule all year and he doesn't look like he's going to make much of an impact this year.

JPP is getting to the QB, he has 8 sacks this year but we know him well so there shouldn't be any surprises when we play Tampa.

One position to watch is 3rd down back.

CT messed up his ribs again and was far from 100% even before he got the new injury. Has to be a doubt for this weekend and will be limited if he plays. Meanwhile Bibbs separated his shoulder Sunday and will no doubt be on the injury report this week. We could be thin at running back.

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

One position to watch is 3rd down back.

CT messed up his ribs again and was far from 100% even before he got the new injury. Has to be a doubt for this weekend and will be limited if he plays. Meanwhile Bibbs separated his shoulder Sunday and will no doubt be on the injury report this week. We could be thin at running back.

I think we've seen the value a player like Thompson has to this offense. A back that can turn a short pass into a long gain, and a WR that can do the same would do wonders for Alex Smith, since he seems to manage the game well but is struggling to push the ball down the field. Thompson has demonstrated that he just isn't capable of staying healthy. He is to RB, what Bob Sanders was to the safety position. We need to try to find someone that can fill that role reliably, even if at a lesser level. 

I have the same concerns about SDH. I really like him as a player, but players that are always hurt, don't tend to turn that corner and suddenly stay healthy and available. 

14 hours ago, kleese said:

Next two defenses will be the two worst overall D’s we have faced this year. Falcons are OK in front 7 and dreadful on back end. Bucs are just terrible everywhere. 

Given this, I say we rest Trent and roll with Nyseke to give him time to heal up.

Archived